Deleted

Hypnotic Dust in 4.1

So yeah patch 4.1 is coming out really soon so I'm wondering what will happed with Hypnotic Dust and Celestial Essence.
    Right now people run heroics and when blue items drops its usually gets disenchanted and turns into Hypnotic Dust and Celestial Essence.
    But when 4.1 comes out most of the people will run those 2 new dungeons where bosses drop epics which are going to be disenchanted into Maelstrom Crystals.
    What will happen to dusts and essences? Do you suspect dramatic increase in their prices?
    What do you guys think?

blues = shards not dust
    /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsm View Post
    What will happen to dusts and essences? Do you suspect dramatic increase in their prices?
    What do you guys think?
    Nah, people will still run the "old" ones, due to the ez-mode, compared to ZA/ZG.
    But most likely, they'll get a price buff.

Prices will go up, seeing as more people will have access to Maelstrom Crystals. That's the only logical conclusion that I can see.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The blue items are turning into Heavenly Shards, not Hypnotic Dust and Celestial Essences. The price will stay the same because the two new dungeons will drop greens. The Heavenly Shards won't change much either, since there will still be people running the regular Cataclysm heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sadly had to buy over 5 Landslide's while upgrading weapons, even tho I wanted to wait till the patch because the crystals will obviously be going down correct with more people having access to them? they're currently 2800 + on my server lul.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Enchant mats (dust/essence/shard) going to half price via honor(basicly 1/4 price with 2x honor gains) and JP will still mean they are readily available, even if less blues get DE'd overall, greens will still drop off ZG/ZA trash like any other mob.

Maelstrom will go down a lot in price , dust/essence should stay the same if not cheaper, and shards might go up a little.

As of the patch, expect shards to jump, all new gear, maelstroms at a reasonable price, dust, essence, and most of all shards will be in high demand, it will settle down, but first week or so...

All enchanting mats will spikje in the first week of 4.1 launching due to demand for re-enchanting gear that replaced 346's to 353's from the new heroics. Maelstroms willcrash quite hard, i expect down to about 100g or so in the first week, dependong on servers and if people are purposly farming for crystals rather than personal use for alts/buying recipies they didn't get previously/make faction specific pets.

Also due to the cut uncommon gem vendor price nerf, those gems will drop in price and thus make DEing rings/necks from cheap gems fromt eh AH much more profitable so there may be a flood of mats, even more so with more and more guilds getting Bountiful Bags guild perk. However the supply will not meet demand till a week or two after the new patch hits, and the smart enchanter/jc's will be making scrolls to sell for more profits so really could be a volitile week or two ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    All enchanting mats will spikje in the first week of 4.1 launching due to demand for re-enchanting gear that replaced 346's to 353's from the new heroics. Maelstroms willcrash quite hard, i expect down to about 100g or so in the first week, dependong on servers and if people are purposly farming for crystals rather than personal use for alts/buying recipies they didn't get previously/make faction specific pets.

Also due to the cut uncommon gem vendor price nerf, those gems will drop in price and thus make DEing rings/necks from cheap gems fromt eh AH much more profitable so there may be a flood of mats, even more so with more and more guilds getting Bountiful Bags guild perk. However the supply will not meet demand till a week or two after the new patch hits, and the smart enchanter/jc's will be making scrolls to sell for more profits so really could be a volitile week or two ahead.
    True but im Somewhat expecting Ore prices to jump. Which in turn makes the uncommon cut gem prices go up. Combined with more demand for gems on the AH. Also higher ore price means it costs more to prospect which would also mean a jump in ench. mats.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    True but im Somewhat expecting Ore prices to jump. Which in turn makes the uncommon cut gem prices go up. Combined with more demand for gems on the AH. Also higher ore price means it costs more to prospect which would also mean a jump in ench. mats.
    I agree with this. I expect bots to switch to herbs which will drastically increase ore prices.
    A lot of people Ive talked to have already seen an increase in ore prices over the last few weeks.

ore lets look at the real data...
    http://theunderminejournal.com/item....sza&item=53038
    my servers obsidium supply and prices
    http://theunderminejournal.com/item....sza&item=52185
    and elementium ore

do this for your server
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-04-25 at 06:32 PM.

Last I read only items with ilvl 346 get de'd into maelstroms, so the new 5 man instance purples wont de to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinja View Post
    blues = shards not dust
    /thread
    This /thread

seriously, thats all their is to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    Last I read only items with ilvl 346 get de'd into maelstroms, so the new 5 man instance purples wont de to them.
    They have been on the PTR, so I think what you heard was probably wrong.