Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sylvari and Asura are also monsters/creatures. -_-
    *shocked intake of breath*

Asura clearly, *clearly* are monsters - but the Sylvari are gifts from the earth-mother herself!

Deleted
    After reading all deez things I want to play this game to

The first Guild Wars was like that in terms of lore. Was possible to miss a lot of it though because Anet push their lore mostly to side activities. Like if you just did the missions in GW1 you get the main plot & so on- and you do them sorta in rapid succession. Yet if you wandered around outside of the missions, a lot of lore was bound to side quests and NPC dialogue. Such as say, the Pale Tree, the magic wells or Kessex Peak.

Second game is much the same.
    I'm not seeing how this is a bad thing, though I do think you make it sound like they shove lore to the side. That's not true at all. The idea that a lot of lore is found out on the side, to be discovered and dug up at the whim of the player, is actually a very good design decision. You'll see this in a lot of well laid out narratives, where they hold back a lot in the main narrative for ease of absorption by the larger body that really won't care at all. Putting the more in depth stuff out there, out of the way, for the people that actually do care to dig up. It prevents either party from being alienated, especially those like me that actually think going out to some piece of nowhere and discovering a secret is a great thing.

I have to say the the most underlooked part of the game is that we are all on the same team. I seem some talk about it but not enough people. Really if anything should revolutionize the mmo genre it would be this. This blog is what I'm talking about.

On The Same Team

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally finished the Eye of the North campaign!

Now on to Nightfall.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the custom music feature was implemented for the previous beta, but just not publicly well known.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...e/1#post157856

It’s actually in and working, but the feature wasn’t publicly documented. Here’s how it currently works:
    Under [Your Name]\Documents\Guild Wars Gw2Dev folder, you’ll see that GW2 creates a Music folder next to the Screens folder (where screenshots go). All you need to do to get your external music collection playing in the game is to create a playlist of the appropriate name and type in this folder.

Supported playlist formats are .wpl, .m3u, .pls, .asx, and .wax.
    Supported audio types are everything FMOD supports by default, which includes .mp3, .ogg, .flac, .wav. aiff, and a bunch of old-school music formats, like .mid or .it files.

There are eight specific playlists the game recognizes, and these are designated simply by the playlist’s file name. They are: Ambient, Battle, Underwater, City, Crafting, BossBattle, NightTime, and MainMenu. Hopefully these are somewhat self-explanatory in terms of when you might expect to hear them play.

So, for example, if you create a playlist called Ambient.m3u, anything in that playlist will be heard instead of the standard in-game ambient music (the general music you hear when running around in the world).
    Each internal playlist can designate a primary and secondary playlist to look for. Most of the playlists will fall back to Ambient if they do not exist. This means that if you’d like to simply replace the majority of the music in the game, you can just create an Ambient playlist, or maybe just Ambient and Battle. However, if you really want to customize your playlist in detail, you can create the more specialized playlists such as NightTime or Crafting.

The easiest (and at the moment, the only) way to test this is with a MainMenu playlist, since that will replace the music at the login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    I would never look at my skill bar in an MMO while in combat. That's usually poor play.
    Indeed. With such a low amount of abilities on the bars per weapon, you shouldn't really need to once you've learnt them plus they never move spots so it's easier to memorise =D

Although, with the keyboard i'm using, it makes it very easy to hit the main keys i need, but for things like the support skills, i'll still likely click them as it's easier than trying to reach the other numbers, same with the vurtue skills etc (playing a guardian ofc)

We must gather together and pray for key modifiers in bindings!

Deleted
    Just ordered a Razer Naga Hex - to help get that right hand off of the keyboard. I use a naga already, but I find the twelve buttons to be almost unusable - I got more use out of the buttons on the mouse before which only had two.

Deleted
    Personally, I went for the Nostromo myself, but that's partially because I'm left-handed. It's fantastic though, fits my colossal hands =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Worst investment I ever made was the Naga, unless you are a kid there is no way you can accurately use those small buttons, want to get the Hex as well but overall I just feel the Naga is so small and I don't even have huge hands.
    I think it's a bit harsh to call me a kid, I'm drawing awfully close to 30 now...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Worst investment I ever made was the Naga, unless you are a kid there is no way you can accurately use those small buttons, want to get the Hex as well but overall I just feel the Naga is so small and I don't even have huge hands.
    I'm not a fan on any Razer products. I know some people swear by them but I find they feel cheap, poorly made, and fall apart.

Logitech all the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have G13, but I've decided against using it for GW2.
    Instead I have a usb knockoff playstation controller, a soldering iron, 1.5mm acrylic sheet and some cherry mx switches on the way

I just need key modifiers and I don't need to waste 50 bucks for a mouse :3
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I agree about Naga...personally it just never worked out - and I don't have massive hands either...the mouse itself is lovely, but the buttons, I *wish* I could get them to work for me.

I went for the G13 but hardly use it...am ambidextrous, but I've just played for way too long by mapping my skills to the num pad on the right...using my left to steer and for a few situational things...(unless healing, then I'd be modded up to the gills with mouseover macros).

Am practising with my G13 for the last few days...it's alright, but I think the ultimate solution for me is just to get a mouse with (more than 2) side buttons that can actually be used.

love naga!! i can actually use all 12 buttons easily. i have small hands though

to play gw2 i didnt even have to rebind anything (except strafe to A D).. just switched from numpad option

I have a naga but I don't really need it for gw. I play with esdf for movement and can hit 1-5 and f1-f4 pretty easily. For the utility skills I can use tgazqy<wxcvb.
    Which is plenty

I've always found it weird that most people play with either wsda or arrowkeys, you lose so many binds with those.

I have a G19, should be more than enough :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I have a G19, should be more than enough :>
    I just googled that to see what it is. Holy hell, dude o.O