Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Don't bring it into this thread please.

They can both live together, GW2 wants to run along side P2P games, since people who like raiding will still play them etc.
    Fair enough! Can't say I understand people paying a subscription to just raid stale content repeatedly a few hours a week when they've got a shiny new MMO to explore, but it wouldn't suprise me!

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It depends, I would say mostly I would disagree with that notion.

My reasoning is that a lot of people like the "arms-race" style of game where your main goal is to upgrade their gear, GW can't supply them with that feeling so some might play both.
    Ah, suppose that's true too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Fair enough! Can't say I understand people paying a subscription to just raid stale content repeatedly a few hours a week when they've got a shiny new MMO to explore, but it wouldn't suprise me!
    Well theres no big raids like in WoW etc in GW2. 5man only as far as we know. So theres 1 reason some will play both, and like Maklor said, gear progression, unless people are happy with cosmetic only upgrades then maybe they would only play GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Lots of people might not want to move simply because it will be a similar [themed] fantasy game where they'll have to start over from scratch, so may not seem worth their time dropping WoW. I know some guilds move games together though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im planning to collect all the HoM points from GW2 to be prepared for GW 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Im planning to collect all the HoM points from GW2 to be prepared for GW 3
    If you were here I'd slap you with a giant wet fish!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    If you were here I'd slap you with a giant wet fish!
    I manually dodge with a double click to the left

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though I know Guild Wars 2 doesn't have the meaningless "pre-buffs" WoW does, and that alot of the gameplay will include mixing your skills with your partners', I still think 2 more skil slots would be just perfect.

Even so, I think I'm in for a pleasant surprise, because to be fair, the meaningful skills you use on any given WoW's spec are very few.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can't speak for people still playing WoW, but I have no problem giving TOR a small sum each month to give me that game, and then keep GW2 for casual fun. Both games will be huge and different enough to keep me wanting more from each.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Well, I can't speak for people still playing WoW, but I have no problem giving TOR a small sum each month to give me that game, and then keep GW2 for casual fun. Both games will be huge and different enough to keep me wanting more from each.
    Yeah, that I can understand, since SWTOR will be new and exciting to explore. But WoW on the other hand, it's ooooollllldddd!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh guy from the SWTOR thread!

ok i will give you a truce because you just reached 1,000 posts

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh guy from the SWTOR thread!

ok i will give you a truce because you just reached 1,000 posts
    LOL

I've been in this thread since day one. =p
    Fighting or putting people down for liking another game is silliness. They both look like fantastic fun to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL

I've been in this thread since day one. =p
    Fighting or putting people down for liking another game is silliness. They both look like fantastic fun to me.
    Some people are just intimidated, that's all. I'm getting both game because I'm a fanboy like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    This isn't 4chan.
    Owned

On topic: Yes i have already decided that im playing a Guardian and Warrior and they are both going to be support based. I MIGHT role a elementalist at one point, the other professions are classes i usually stay away from in mmo's.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 08:23 PM ----------

Lol im definitely not playing 2 MMOs at the same time so... just GW 2 please

Hey check it out i just changed my Location to "Divinity's Reach" how anxious am i?
    My Avatar is the city crest of Divinity's Reach

I can't wait for GW2. I quit WoW because of burn out (not lack of content or any lame excuse like that, just after 6 years of it I just couldn't do it anymore) but I LOVE MMO's and I need an MMO in my life because I can only take so much TF2/SC2/L4D2 =P. I really hope this game comes out near the end of the summer or at least this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bobipple View Post
    I can't wait for GW2. I quit WoW because of burn out (not lack of content or any lame excuse like that, just after 6 years of it I just couldn't do it anymore) but I LOVE MMO's and I need an MMO in my life because I can only take so much TF2/SC2/L4D2 =P. I really hope this game comes out near the end of the summer or at least this year.
    Beta will start this year and they told their shareholders that the game would be released by 2012

Hi all! Just finnished reading all 112 pages and decided to register after lurking on the forums for like 2 years :P

Am I really the only one who will choose my race depending on their racial abilities, no matter how the starting zone or looks are?

This is of course only if their racial abilities actually matter in pvp though, if not Im probably going to play a human or azura scholar of some kind :P
    Id like to see some more gameplay videos before I choose my class and race and I proably wont have a clear plan before Im staring at the character selection.

God I cant wait til the game comes out!

Welcome to the thread, Insaint.

About racial skills, they are pretty much there for flavor. They will be lesser versions of the actual skills in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    Hi all! Just finnished reading all 112 pages
    Dude. You are a trooper! Welcome! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    Hi all! Just finnished reading all 112 pages and decided to register after lurking on the forums for like 2 years :P

Am I really the only one who will choose my race depending on their racial abilities, no matter how the starting zone or looks are?

This is of course only if their racial abilities actually matter in pvp though, if not Im probably going to play a human or azura scholar of some kind :P
    Id like to see some more gameplay videos before I choose my class and race and I proably wont have a clear plan before Im staring at the character selection.

God I cant wait til the game comes out!
    They said the racials will be lesser than profession based abilities, so they wont be game breaking or anything, mostly just cool stuff you can do like the Asura Battlesuit.

And picking your race doesnt only affect your starting zone, it decides your whole personal storyline.

Doozer: Would you mind elaborate on that? You could say racial skills in wow was there for flavor and to make the differences between all races bigger. Even though racials are kind of like small gimmicks they can be pretty gamechanging in both pve and pvp situations.

Trolls: Thanks allot! I just couldn't stay quiet anymore. Even though Anet are releasing very little info I feel I should help in preventing this thread from ever getting lost even if its still on the top of page 1 atm :P

Edit:
    Blizzcon: Even if racials only give the tiniest age in combat it will heaviky impact my decision :P Im just like that

And I wouldnt know much about storyline before playing the game anyway so I cant really choose the most awesome storyline before actually playing the game first :P
    Last edited by Insaint; 2011-05-31 at 01:28 AM.