Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Not sure why that's relevant. His gmail is smacked all over the images, imgur won't save him.
    Look in the chat box at where the files are being saved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Look in the chat box at where the files are being saved.
    And how do I look at where the files are being saved based on that URL? ._.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And how do I look at where the files are being saved based on that URL? ._.
    When you take a screenshot it says in the chat box where it's being saved. They're being saved on Scott Collins computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    When you take a screenshot it says in the chat box where it's being saved. They're being saved on Scott Colins computer.
    Oh, THAT chat box. Hrm. Had not noticed that.

If the photos were leaked without permission, that would technically mean he could get fired. :O!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

it's kind of everywhere

edit: took it off

something different:
    I love this picture of the worldmap:

original link:
    http://i.imgur.com/LO9yT.jpg
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-16 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    GW2 just linked via their facebook an review focusing on the negative (that's very uncommon, but I like!)

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/gui...e-impressions/

EDIT: wasn't that negative tbh... lol
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2012-05-16 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    GW2 just linked via their facebook an review focusing on the negative (that's very uncommon, but I like!)

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/gui...e-impressions/

EDIT: wasn't that negative tbh... lol
    and not really saying much either :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    and not really saying much either :P
    Hehe, yeah. I saw it linked on FB and thought I'd share an finally negative review, but no. I was like /meh when I read it, nothing new. Nothing really negative, nothing really. hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    What Does mistfire wolf elite skill do i never got to try it as i never hit 30 and in pvp its banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think the GW2 expansions will likely be the price of the original. In GW1 they were standalone till GWEN. It might be they do the the Elona/Cantha thing again.
    I realized this just some days ago when I finally bought Eye of the North, that this was the only real expansion.

And yes, since then my hopes are high that they will do it again with Guild Wars 2. This design is much more intelligent imho as throwing out expansion-packs, where somebody new to the game grabs this recently released box in the gamestore and is like 'huh, looks nice, shoud I buy it?', until he finds out that he has to buy the original game and maybe even expansion #1, #2 and #3.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Pretty sure you have seen this picture before, but this is supposed to be Kralkatorrik. Looks huge enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I realized this just some days ago when I finally bought Eye of the North, that this was the only real expansion.

And yes, since then my hopes are high that they will do it again with Guild Wars 2. This design is much more intelligent imho as throwing out expansion-packs, where somebody new to the game grabs this recently released box in the gamestore and is like 'huh, looks nice, shoud I buy it?', until he finds out that he has to buy the original game and maybe even expansion #1, #2 and #3.
    from my old Ask a question thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tion-%28GW2%29

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Will they release new content as expansion packs like Eye of the North or campaigns like Nightfall and Factions? And what will they add to the game?

1. about standalone expansions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Flannum
    In an exclusive interview with GamerZines, ArenaNet's Eric Flannum has revealed that Guild Wars 2 will not get the standalone expansion treatment.
    For the original, ArenaNet released two standalone expansions - Factions and Nightfall - which offered two completely new continents, professions and campaigns to play through, but for the sequel there will be a new strategy.

"At this time we don't plan to continue with the standalone expansion model," revealed Guild Wars 2's lead designer.
    "We felt that this model split our player base unnecessarily and also caused us to focus development effort on things that were redundant with the original release of the game such as tutorial areas and duplicates of already existing skills."

Flannum does have a valid point, as players are much more likely to find a team to quest with in Tyria than they're in Cantha or Elona.
    http://www.gamerzines.com/mmo/news/g...xpansions.html

2.) about retail expansions:
    Guild Wars 2, the upcoming MMORPG from ArenaNet, will be supported with retail expansions, design lead Eric Flannum has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

"We support ourselves with micro-transactions and expansions. So we'll have retail expansions for sure," he said.
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/guild...renanet_2.html

3.) about what they add in the future:

more playable races:

Erik Flannum: Right now we've got five races announced, and we're not saying exactly how many, but that's not the total amount that we'll have, we're going to have more in the future.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/th...terview?page=2

so a new race means:
    -) new tutorial zones
    -) new personal stories (for these races)
    -) probably new low level zones (races meet at lv.30 in lions arch - much space between)

probably more weapons:

there was a question why polearms (seen on concept art) haven't been seen yet. The answer from Eric Flannum in the Q&A was: they didn't make it into the final cut of the game, but they could be added later.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1mRFmqz7F4#t=10m21s

new weapons mean:
    -) new skills for some of the classes (which use those new weapons)
    -) new traits for those weaponskills (which probably means: new trait-challenges!??)

that was all I could find out

some guesses:
    -) duelling (they said that it isn't in the release-version)
    -) housing (not sure where I got this)

I'm hoping for stand alone expantions aswell. I didn't like how they did it in factions but nf was very smooth when it comes to old toons doing the new part.
    I just seriously hope they leave cantha in the ditch, always hated that part.
    Atm I'm thinking over buying another account. It'll depend on the cost of extra storage (I'm a packrat, got 8mules in gw since 4years )

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I'm hoping for stand alone expantions aswell. I didn't like how they did it in factions but nf was very smooth when it comes to old toons doing the new part.
    I just seriously hope they leave cantha in the ditch, always hated that part.
    did you read the post above yours? they think that stand alone expansions split the playerbase.

Atm I'm thinking over buying another account. It'll depend on the cost of extra storage (I'm a packrat, got 8mules in gw since 4years )
    about extra storage without paying real life money: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hout-cash-shop
    you might want to try this

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    did you read the post above yours? they think that stand alone expansions split the playerbase.
    It wasn't up when I posted and I didn't feel like editing just so i can say, I HAVE A DREAM! (seriously I can only hope right, plz change ur mind anet, plz )

And ty for the post, very well layed out and clear to understand, although I still think I might have storage issues (in gw1 I have all tabs full on all 8mules who have all bags and 10set weapon pack. My storage chest is also full and completely upgraded)

Just one question though, I don't get the "ask friends to do the same=500slots" I'm pretty sure my friends will want to keep their storage (this is where a second account comes in )My brother and I could share though so I'd probably have the advantage since he doesn't pack nearly as much as me

120gold for a "full" guildbank seems quite easy, I was at 2g doing mainly pvp...
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-05-16 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Just one question though, I don't get the "ask friends to do the same=500slots" I'm pretty sure my friends will want to keep their storage (this is where a second account comes in )My brother and I could share though so I'd probably have the advantage since he doesn't pack nearly as much as me

120gold for a "full" guildbank seems quite easy, I was at 2g doing mainly pvp...
    well if you can only be leader of one guild (which isn't the case in the beta at the moment) you need a friend who would become guildleader of "bankguild 2". As he can be a member of as many guilds as he wants, he shouldn't have a problem with this - not if he doesn't want to start a guild by himself.

as it is at the moment, you can pretty much create as many guilds as you want and therefore get as many bankslots as you want. Just represent the guild and do anything: log in --> influence, do dynamic events --> influence, play pvp --> influence,... (or buy it for 10g/1000 influence at the guild-vendor).
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-16 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quick question - Farmer Diah. Male or female? My recollection was that Diah was a female, but the wiki says it's a male. For those who cant remember, this is his/her farm.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. Bloody wiki.

I have some concerns about the mailing system that came up with the stress test.

During the BWE it was working fine for me, but the stress test was another story. My friend mailed me items three separate times, including a green bow (I think green is equivalent of the usual blue quality item in other games, if I'm correct). She double checked to make sure my name was spelled right and was the character name I was currently playing, etc. I never got a single mail from her (though she received all of mine), and on top of that, the items that didn't go through were apparently lost to the ages. They weren't returned to her, nor did I ever receive them. They just kind of disappeared.

I hope this is fixed before people start trading gems they bought with real money and find these gems unfortunately lost in the mail. :<