Okay, yea. I know Medal of Honor is a shooting game. But what does: For me, KoA was to open-world action RPGs what Medal of Honor is to the FPS.

Was there something about Medal of Honor that relates to KoA or open world RPGs? Seem like polar opposites based on Wikipedia. I didn't/don't know the connection or significance here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    From some experiments with the login screen, it seems that SMAA injector will work with GW2. Much better than FXAA imo.
    How high does the fxaa for gw2 go again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    How high does the fxaa for gw2 go again?
    On or off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    On or off.
    hmmm, figured there'd be an exact number known somewhere on the internet.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 12:56 AM ----------

I really wish gw2 used msaa. fxaa kind of sucks.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 01:01 AM ----------

Also, did you test to see if nvidia control panel can override the games AA? Nvidia doesn't always work like that because they SUCK.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-05-25 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Okay, yea. I know Medal of Honor is a shooting game. But what does: For me, KoA was to open-world action RPGs what Medal of Honor is to the FPS.

Was there something about Medal of Honor that relates to KoA or open world RPGs? Seem like polar opposites based on Wikipedia. I didn't/don't know the connection or significance here.
    Medal of Honor is a game that emulates the bigger shooters like Call of Duty and Battlefield. While there is nothing particularly wrong with the game, they are just mediocre, especially compared to the games it wants to be. Because of that, there was no reason to play the game when you could play CoD of Battlefield. That is how I felt about KoA, it was trying to be like (to a lesser extent than MoH) popular RPGs like Dark Souls, Skyrim, and even WoW somewhat. It wasn't a terrible game, but again why play it when I could play WoW or Skyrim?

EDIT: Removed plurals.
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2012-05-25 at 02:30 AM.

How does MoH emulate CoD and Battlefield if it was older than either of those two franchises?

I was wondering the same thing but I assume they are talking about the franchise reboot. Not the franchise as a whole.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    KoA was decent. The only reason I was first interested was because it was partially written by R.A. Salvatore. What turned me off was that a lot of the quests felt uninspired. Plus the class system was somewhat poorly done. The hybrid classes that they encouraged you to make ended up being crappy and it was better to just stick to one tree. I had fun with the game, but it's not a winner winner chicken dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    How does MoH emulate CoD and Battlefield if it was older than either of those two franchises?
    Sorry, I meant Medal of Honor 2010 specifically. Not the entire series.

I liked the combat in KoA but hated the camera. The rest of the game was sort of meh for me.

Still a shame to hear about all of the job losses, I know all about being unemployed and it's no picnic.

It was pretty cool that a bunch of other companies tweeted and whatnot that they were hiring after these layoffs happened. Always nice to see (not the layoffs of course)
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Sorry, I meant Medal of Honor 2010 specifically. Not the entire series.
    I forgive you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    KoA was decent. The only reason I was first interested was because it was partially written by R.A. Salvatore. What turned me off was that a lot of the quests felt uninspired. Plus the class system was somewhat poorly done. The hybrid classes that they encouraged you to make ended up being crappy and it was better to just stick to one tree. I had fun with the game, but it's not a winner winner chicken dinner.
    Combat like I was playing Dynasty Warriors or some console game for children + bad camera sunk the KoA battleship for me. And it looks like the company as well!

Too soon? Well, I'm a bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Can't tell if it's just my cynical mind here, but is this a jab at Bioware, or is it just an innocent tweet to maybe recruit those people?

https://twitter.com/ArenaNet/status/205775006012153856

Whatever the case, it did make me giggle.
    I think it's just anet trying to support "the industry" and being generally decent folk.

Even when studios are reported as being in competition...that never translates as far as wanting to see each others staff out on the street.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 01:35 PM ----------

I heard 38 Studios wasn't even paying their staff. Yikes!
    Terrible shame.

This is kinda why I never got in to game development...I love it as a hobby - but the conditions can be very harsh in terms of job security, even at the best of times...

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 01:41 PM ----------

Too soon? Well, I'm a bitch.
    No - I think 3 hours is more than generous.

Deleted
    The 38studios hash tag was indeed a movement that a lot of games companies got behind on twitter to basically show these guys and those from Bioware that they can try and get jobs somewhere else. There was really no jab at bioware, simply a 'Hey guys, we have work for you, don't despair', which was really nice to see considering the whole situation.

Also, guys if you're OCD like me, there was a small client update 20 so minutes ago. =)

Kinda interesting: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/25/ho...crolls-online/

Your skill bar in The Elder Scrolls Online has six slots, so Nick explained what you can put in each one. With great enthusiasm.

“Your first two slots are derived from your weapon. If I pick up a bow they’re bow attacks and if I pick up a sword then they’re sword attacks. Anyone can do that and anyone can be good at it. That’s sort of a touchstone of Elder Scrolls games, and we wanted to make sure we included that in here.

“Your first two slots are derived from your weapon. If I pick up a bow they’re bow attacks and if I pick up a sword then they’re sword attacks. If I continue to use that weapon over a period of time, I will get better with it, which will give me a wider variety of things that I can potentially do with my weapon attacks. So I can gain mastery of it by virtue of having it equipped, but I can still pick up any weapon in the game and be good with it. And that’s true of anyone.
    Elder Scrolls Online. Coincidence? Hmmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda interesting: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/25/ho...crolls-online/

Elder Scrolls Online. Coincidence? Hmmm...
    I was poking fun at that in the MMO champ guild thread a few weeks ago. I found it, in your words... delicious. I'm still a little interested in the Elder Scrolls mmo, but they would be wise not to add a sub fee considering how much stuff they're taking from gw2. There wont be a trinity either, and the questing system is incredibly similar to dynamic events.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-05-25 at 09:49 PM.

I sometimes feel like I am more interested in Guild Wars 2 because I want to see what happens post-Guild Wars 2.

It's a fun game and all. Goodness though, is it ever interesting/exciting to watch develop.

not gonna bother with "elder scrolls online" doesn't even look like an elder scrolls game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    not gonna bother with "elder scrolls online" doesn't even look like an elder scrolls game.
    That was my first impression as well.

But let's stay on-topic, shall we? I'm sure eventually there will be an "Elder Scrolls Online" subforum, and we can go be major hypocrites there as we pop in with our overly-critical opinions.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.