Drake, wanna be my personal build creator ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Drake, wanna be my personal build creator ?
    I think my girlfriend might warn you not to make me think I'm "people." >_>

But why would you say such a thing?
    I may have gone a little crazy with builds, but... well I guess there is no but. I like to experiment. I don't consider myself to be any sort of expert on GW2 builds, considering I'm not even in the closed beta, I just like playing around with ideas to see what works.

I do much the same thing in just about any online game I play where experimenting is possible.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I think my girlfriend might warn you not to make me think I'm "people." >_>

But why would you say such a thing?
    I may have gone a little crazy with builds, but... well I guess there is no but. I like to experiment. I don't consider myself to be any sort of expert on GW2 builds, considering I'm not even in the closed beta, I just like playing around with ideas to see what works.

I do much the same thing in just about any online game I play where experimenting is possible.
    I lie to you not when i tell you this, i never understood how to create a good build. I learnt how to use them and what their good for easily, but to make one...never. Yes i am that stupid. People recommending builds for various situations has always been a help and the save a build thing in GW1 was the biggest help ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-posting this here (i posted it in the Beta key giveaway thread) so no one misses it (Hopefully)

Guild Wars 2 community: We're seeing a lot of posts about gw2beta . org today. We are not affiliated with this site, we did not provide Beta Weekend Event codes to them, and many of our community members have reported that the site contains malicious code. Please avoid this site.
    GW2 Facebook page

Tiered Traits, hmm, not really a fan but if it makes it easier for balancing then sure I can buy that.

Tiered utility skills I'm not in favor of at all though.

I'd like to play around with it to really make an informed opinion on it though (which unfortunately I won't be able to do this upcoming BWE).

In general I just hate seeing restrictions being placed on build creation as this seems to be doing. It was one of the things I loved about Guild Wars, was the freedom of creating whatever build you basically want. Even if the build was all over the place and bad I still prefer that freedom of choice to do so. With that said, we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out in practice rather than theorizing about it.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-06-03 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, the traits are tierd too? That doesn't make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Tiered utility skills I'm not in favor of at all though.
    Tiered skills = You have to buy a certain number from the lower tier, with skill points, before you can buy the ones from the next tier.

Has nothing to do with slotting them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    ohhh, then that's completely different from what I thought. Nevermind, that's not too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    ohhh, then that's completely different from what I thought. Nevermind, that's not too bad.
    The tiered traits, however, is working as imagined. *grumps unhappily*

As I said earlier, it seems incredibly redundant when tying attributes to trait lines served the exact same purpose. If this makes it to BWE2, fully intend to say so on the forums, but I think my voice will be a mere drop in the ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm apathetic about the new traits. Hardly makes a difference for me.

As I said earlier, it seems incredibly redundant when tying attributes to trait lines served the exact same purpose. If this makes it to BWE2, fully intend to say so on the forums, but I think my voice will be a mere drop in the ocean.
    Well see how it works in game first and then make the complaints, suggestions, or concerns on the forums. I'd love to do that myself but of course the BWE is on the one weekend in which I have no time whatsoever.

Gosh, I watched the stream from PCGamer on the dev server. I don't know how those people at PCGamer have a job.

Admittedly, I am a snob and total bitch. Not knowing how to work the traits and apply a rotation are kinda worth my derision. /spit

I kind of have to agree with you there Fencers. Same thing with the guys at IGN as well. For people who are paid to play and review video games, they are pretty terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm apathetic about the new traits. Hardly makes a difference for me.
    I just don't think there's a point in doing it. Glancing at the Necro trait changes, it wasn't implemented with the goal of allowing certain traits to be really powerful.

I'm primarily concerned about this breaking my signet/auras elementalist build - It's the only build I've come up with that, imo, successfully spreads points into every trait line while still having a strong central focus.

I just don't think there's a point in doing it. Glancing at the Necro trait changes, it wasn't implemented with the goal of allowing certain traits to be really powerful.

I'm primarily concerned about this breaking my signet/auras elementalist build - It's the only build I've come up with that, imo, successfully spreads points into every trait line while still having a strong central focus.
    I'm guessing it was more of a "This + this + this is a powerful combination. How do we balance prevent this without changing any of the skills, as none of them are OP on their own."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm guessing it was more of a "This + this + this is a powerful combination. How do we balance prevent this without changing any of the skills, as none of them are OP on their own."
    I dunno.
    Trait 11: Chill of Death - cast Spinal Shivers on an enemy when they hit 25% health
    Trait 12: Training of the Master - Minion damage is increased by 30%
    Do those really sound that OP to you? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I kind of have to agree with you there Fencers. Same thing with the guys at IGN as well. For people who are paid to play and review video games, they are pretty terrible.
    College kids on Twitch TV had more insightful things to say about the mechanics of the game.

This guy played and spoke like it was his first time playing an MMO. PC Gamer? -_-

I dunno.

Do those really sound that OP to you? O_o
    Obviously, you did not even attempt to read what you were quoting. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Obviously, you did not even attempt to read what you were quoting. o.O
    I get what you were saying, but I don't see those two as being OP no matter what they were combined with. Especially the minion damage one, since all the really useful minion traits were ALL in the same trait line to begin with. Maybe it's a small thing that's difficult to find though.

I get what you were saying, but I don't see those two as being OP no matter what they were combined with. Especially the minion damage one, since all the really useful minion traits were ALL in the same trait line to begin with. Maybe it's a small thing that's difficult to find though.
    (^ lolninjaedit =P)

I'm talking about the end of 3 trees being a powerful combination. So the 30point strength + the 30 point arms + the 30 point discipline. And I'm not saying "Every possible combination is OP", I'm saying that the easiest way to balance the ones that ARE an overpowered combination without removing the traits is to remove the possibility of that combination.