Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    We'll watch as they willingly throw their bodies into the fray. Let the Iron legion sit restlessly in their toys of gears and steam.

Our strikes are perfect and fatal. Our attacks are lethal and precise. While the others charge screaming to their own inevitable deaths, our battles are over before they begin. The entire tide of conflict is shifted from the embrace of the shadow. Let them bark over empty glory. This world doesn't need another hero.
    That was inspirational! *infinite approval*

And yeah I like the idea that you can still be part of a legion despite having a different profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be interesting, however, to mix it up non-traditionally. A pistol Thief who went with the Iron Legion for their artillery advancements, for example, or an Ash Legion warrior wielding a greatsword who only entered conflict when completely necessary.

See, this is the character freedom that I just can't get excited about with the other two races. The humans just kind of exists and the Norns won't shut up about drinking and pride.
    It's kind of why I'm annoyed by the change to the Norn biography question about which quality is most important for a Warrior.

I see the class question as being similar to choosing Legion for the Charr. The heroic quality question for the Norn, as it is right now, sucks. it was better when you chose between Strength/Cunning/Instinct, because all three qualities can fit any profession.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

No Iron Legion love it seems. Well, when you Blood and Ash Legions get done fightin' over who's the prettiest we'll be ready to bring the pain with the lead rain down on any fools who get in our way. The Asura got nothing on us, because unlike them we can actually weaponize a hammock instead of just making it float. We'll use so many explosions even Michael Bay will go "Whoa, that's too much." then I'll smack him over the head with my multi-purpose wrench-flamethrower-Charrzooka-spoon-grenade-knife-cannon toothpick (Yes, we have such a thing and no you can't have one.) and to which I'll reply "And that is why you cannot be Charr."

But the important thing is that we'll all trample over the other races like one big happy, bloodthirsty family. The Asura had 250 years of opportunity to be top dog, now is the time for the horned kittie- er, I mean Charr!

On a less silly note: I just love that I can get so pumped up about a race like the Charr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot-Nixon View Post
    No Iron Legion love it seems. Well, when you Blood and Ash Legions get done fightin' over who's the prettiest we'll be ready to bring the pain with the lead rain down on any fools who get in our way. The Asura got nothing on us, because unlike them we can actually weaponize a hammock instead of just making it float. We'll use so many explosions even Michael Bay will go "Whoa, that's too much." then I'll smack him over the head with my multi-purpose wrench-flamethrower-Charrzooka-spoon-grenade-knife-cannon toothpick (Yes, we have such a thing and no you can't have one.) and to which I'll reply "And that is why you cannot be Charr."

But the important thing is that we'll all trample over the other races like one big happy, bloodthirsty family. The Asura had 250 years of opportunity to be top dog, now is the time for the horned kittie- er, I mean Charr!

On a less silly note: I just love that I can get so pumped up about a race like the Charr.
    I agree with you. And oh dear, I laughed. I think these silly Legion posts just made my day guys. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    This was what I found too. My dad for example really liked the idea of a Charr, but once he saw them in motion and visited the black citadel and their areas he just... couldn't play it. I was torn between Norn and Charr but playing the Charr... I'm so in love with everything about them.
    Funny, I had a hard time stomaching the Humans and Norn when I was making characters, but with the Charr I felt right at home, I can't imagine making anything else my main other than what's in my signature, haha.

Iron Legion make our weapons.
    Ash Legion gets the intelligence.
    Blood gets things done. Hoo-hah!
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Funny, I had a hard time stomaching the Humans and Norn when I was making characters, but with the Charr I felt right at home, I can't imagine making anything else my main other than what's in my signature, haha.

Yeah, that is sort of how I felt too. I was rather surprised because he's normally quite cool with weird beast like races. I think he described them as being too 'rough' as in their areas and everything is so war torn and destroyed and 'depressing' that he didn't like it. I had an amazing time, and Oh dear, the Black Citadel is the prettiest most amazing City in any game, ever (for me).

I'm still anoyed with the camera angles though. When I'm playing on a norn /charr I get the feeling I can't see anything. So I decided to make female humans and as small as possible, inorder to "broaden" my vieuw :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is sort of how I felt too. I was rather surprised because he's normally quite cool with weird beast like races. I think he described them as being too 'rough' as in their areas and everything is so war torn and destroyed and 'depressing' that he didn't like it. I had an amazing time, and Oh dear, the Black Citadel is the prettiest most amazing City in any game, ever (for me).
    I actually prefer Lion's Arch to every other city in the game, despite it completely breaking the client for me in the past 2 betas. But the Black Citadel has a certain charm to it. I especially like the ruins of Rin in the back of the city, the upper floors of the dome, the crafting district, and the furnace in the Black Citadel.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    I actually prefer Lion's Arch to every other city in the game, despite it completely breaking the client for me in the past 2 betas. But the Black Citadel has a certain charm to it. I especially like the ruins of Rin in the back of the city, the upper floors of the dome, the crafting district, and the furnace in the Black Citadel.
    I really like Charr architecture. I like the rough edges that the race has and I find that the city itself is just amazing at representing them. My favourite area is the statue area (memorial court or something of that sort) with all these Charr, and the plaque with the names of those who died. I really found that a nice touch. Plus, I must admit that that and Hoelbrak are probably the easiest cities for me to navigate in, and that makes me happier too... (Oh dear, I get SO lost in Divinity's Reach, I ported there and I just couldn't find my way out into the human leveling area. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. *cracks knuckles*
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Charr architecture.
    Charrchitecture!

Ha HA!

... I'll go away now.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

bah........who let the charr take over while I was sleeping?
    Slackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Slackers.
    Bah, who let the rat out of his cage while I was sleeping?
    Useless Blood Legion, can't do a damn thing right..

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Slackers.
    Take over from who? I didn't know rats were in charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do charrs still look stupid wielding a greatsword?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Do charrs still look stupid wielding a greatsword?
    If you're blind, sure. I think they look fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    If you're blind, sure. I think they look fine.
    If I was blind I wouldn't even know what a charr looked like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Bah, who let the rat out of his cage while I was sleeping?
    Useless Blood Legion, can't do a damn thing right..
    Hey, he's not supposed to know it's a cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    If I was blind I wouldn't even know what a charr looked like.
    Just saying. It's a matter of preference, and I think they look fine with greatswords. I'm not sure how you expect them to look, exactly. It's pretty obvious that a large hunched Charr isn't going to hold a greatsword in the same way as a human.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hey, he's not supposed to know it's a cage.
    Right, sorry. 'Laboratory'.

I really like Charr architecture. I like the rough edges that the race has and I find that the city itself is just amazing at representing them. My favourite area is the statue area (memorial court or something of that sort) with all these Charr, and the plaque with the names of those who died. I really found that a nice touch. Plus, I must admit that that and Hoelbrak are probably the easiest cities for me to navigate in, and that makes me happier too... (Oh dear, I get SO lost in Divinity's Reach, I ported there and I just couldn't find my way out into the human leveling area. )
    My favorite city is LA, but I think part of that is nostalgia But that doesn't take away from my liking of the new LA.

Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.