Quote Originally Posted by demodras View Post
    i'd apprieciate if anyone could answer me:

Guild Wars 2 Books

How many are there?
    Do they have a chronological order?
    Which one should I read first?
    Which one is the best read?
    Are they any good?
    There are 2, I believe they are not in chronical order, but you got to know some people in the first one that would be good to understand some of the 2 one. Best read, from what I know the first one. Some were dissapointed with *spoiler* thing about the second one but I've read some of both and both seem verry interessting!

Edit: a third book is also comming out soon, I believe it's 50 years after the second one

Quote Originally Posted by demodras View Post
    i'd apprieciate if anyone could answer me:

Guild Wars 2 Books

How many are there?
    Do they have a chronological order?
    Which one should I read first?
    Which one is the best read?
    Are they any good?
    Timeline wise Ghost of Ascalon takes place 1 year before GW2 and Edge of Destiny takes place 6 years before GW2. I read Ghosts of Ascalon and really enjoyed it and im currentyl 49% through Edge of Destiny and enjoying that aswell. Though i would say I liked Ghosts of Ascalon better so far.

Deleted
    thanks for quick answers

Sorry if these questions have been addressed but i haven't read the 140 page post :P. But can anyone educate me on how the dungeons will work and gear will work? I know from GW1 that there weren't really dungeons but story driven missions. And that in GW1 gear was mainly obtained by crafting. Is it the same this time around or will it be taking a more traditional stance on those 2 things? Thanks for any response.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadlobster View Post
    Sorry if these questions have been addressed but i haven't read the 140 page post :P. But can anyone educate me on how the dungeons will work and gear will work? I know from GW1 that there weren't really dungeons but story driven missions. And that in GW1 gear was mainly obtained by crafting. Is it the same this time around or will it be taking a more traditional stance on those 2 things? Thanks for any response.
    The main post in this thread actually has this information. It just needs to be updated on the dungeon section to reflect the newer statement that dungeons start at level 30 and the different tokens.

Dungeons: There will be 8 dungeons at release. During the personal storyline they can be found about every ten levels starting at level 30, and there are three dungeons at level 80. Each dungeon has two modes, a story mode which focuses on the story of the Destiny's Edge group, and explorer mode, a more difficult mode which requires more co-ordination to play through. Story Mode must be completed first to unlock the dungeon. Each mode allows for groups of up to five players, but content doesn't scale depending on the number of players in the party so difficulty is constant, this means that it is always set to 5 players even if you have less than 5 in a group. Entering a dungeon will scale a player to that dungeon's level range, this means that a level 80 entering the level 30 dungeon will be scaled down so that it still provides a challenge to them.

Each dungeon has unique light, medium and heavy armors and weapons modeled after the theme of the dungeon as its rewards. These are no more powerful than items which can be gained doing other activities in game. Completing a dungeon awards a token. A story mode token can be traded for a weapon from the dungeon set, while an explorer mode token can be traded for armor from the dungeon set.

Gear can be obtained though Crafting, PvP, Dynamic Events (Karma), Dungeons, and Personal Story. Each method of obtaining gear provides equal quality gear, the gear just has a different design/look based on the method obtained. As far as I am aware, the monster ability to drop gear has not been fully explain so I can not say for certain about how it fully functions. Light, Medium, and Heavy gear will all have their own unique upgrade component; however, since I am not at my home computer, I don't have access to their names at this point in time. Gear will also reach a power plateau at level 80 and it will be easy to obtain, meaning that a player's skill is more important than their gear. Guild Wars 2 will rely more on fun and engaging content to get players to play the game rather than resorting to a carrot on a stick in the form of ever increase gear stats.

God damn, couldn't of asked for a better response, thank you for your time in explaining it to me.

Requiring Level 30 to be doing dungeons is too much, most people will quit before. People want playing with each other right from the start. And no, meanuingless zerging in so called events doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Requiring Level 30 to be doing dungeons is too much, most people will quit before. People want playing with each other right from the start. And no, meanuingless zerging in so called events doesn't count.
    Nothing wrong with starting a character with some friends, and playing through the game together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The actual picture is done by Kekai Kotaki, lead concept artist for GW2. Visit his site, his stuff is amazing.
    Thanks! Thats a wonderful site, that guy is amazing.

you lost me mate, what are you trying to say again?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

For crying out loud Tackhisis this is getting old. If you don't want to play GW2 then don't play it. Simple as that.

That really is a great explanation and makes me look forward to Guild Wars 2 that much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just report their post's please. I'm hoping for a permaban on this bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Could we get an edit to the first post saying

Do not respond to Tackhisis posts
    I second this motion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Krazhuk View Post
    Question about GW and GW 2:

I got GW but dont play much cause u know, wow beats it in every aspect. but im sure i wanna play GW 2 (Graphics & mechanics /drool)
    Is it good idea to do some GW and get hall of monuments rewards or is it just wasted time?
    No it doesn't.Both have good parts and bad parts.WoW has servers while in GW2 you can play with your friend at any time(you can continent change 5 times if i remember correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    You left out PvP guilds which, in function, is similar to raiding guilds in many ways. And theres lots of pvp in GW2.
    True and you just pointed out a bit of bias on my part that I didnt even think about till you said it. I dont enjoy pvp as much in most MMO's particuarly wow. While it was somewhat more fun in GW I never got into a PVP guild there and only did randoms. I'm intrested in GW2 for the pve aspect although I will check out their PVP while I'm there. That said if I want to face other players I prefer a good FPS to be honest where I can pit my twitch reflexes agianst theirs.

Deleted
    WTB some news.

Unfortunately we will most likely have to wait a month for some real news, for the San-Diego comic con, but after that, they will be on quite a few cons during a relatively small amount of time.

Something about the quote below kinda frightens me

http://www.arena.net/blog/arenanets-tradeshow-summer
    "We’ll send an elite team of artists and devs down to the San Diego Convention Center to meet fans and do signings. Drop by the NCsoft booth to play Guild Wars 2 and try your hand at the engineer!"

This might mean that they're not planning on revealing any new info, except maybe the new Sylvari redesign. And they'll let us try out the engineer.
    I guess we'll have to see