10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Midnight madness.. yes it is midnight here, you may not have it. Deal with it. XD

This video is truly... something... I don't know, go ahead and watch.
    [SNIP]

O_O ... O_o ... o_O ... WHAT did I just watch?
    Oh.Em.Gee. This was... *mind blown* Thanks for that Iryne.
    o.O

Deleted
    gotta say, that part with the lasers was pretty god damn epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    all the emotes that were in the game during the betas... it made me want to roll a Norn, lol. The Male Norn emotes are more subtle and I actually like that (except for the /cry which is very over the top, but I guess a Norn is either going to cry silently or go all out, huh?). I actually don't like the Charr emotes very much, it's very hard to take them seriously.

Asura /laugh is still like the best animation ever...
    i love the Charr /threaten very badass in a "you don't want to fuck with this kinda way" and rather fitting imo. though i am rolling a Norn main, i will def have a Charr as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Hey -- this might seem random. When I was playing in the last BWE my chat box wouldn't shrink down enough to fit snugly on the bottom left corner, but instead was raised up because the skills module ... and the resolution changes in game did nothing. I know the resize UI dropdown wasn't working ... but I saw some screenshots from other players where everything seem to fit much better and smaller ...

Anyone have this problem? What I do wrong?
    no, i did not have the same issue as you sorry. my chat box is all the way at the bottom in my screenshots.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I keep finding myself thinking: Why, for the love of all that is awesome, is single-wielding not an option? I should be able to equip a one-handed Sword and get 5 skills that are unique to specifically single-wielding that Sword. If I equip a Dagger in the off-hand, that should obviously change the appropriate skills to what the Dagger normally does.

Altair fights with just one Sword out, and then uses his hand to punch or slap or grab his opponent - why can't I?
    You'd miss out on some stats. Would weapons have 1h and dual-wield stats? Or just main hand weapons give stats (though that is boring)? Or some sort of off hand item that give stats but no graphic, like a bracelet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    You'd miss out on some stats. Would weapons have 1h and dual-wield stats? Or just main hand weapons give stats (though that is boring)? Or some sort of off hand item that give stats but no graphic, like a bracelet?
    I'm sure there's a clever way around this.

Unrelated conjecture: Increased innovation in the industry really shouldn't be attributed too heavily to GW2. I think it's also important to note that SWTOR's... not necessarily failure, but perhaps "unpopularity" has resulted in a sort of wake-up call for anybody looking to get into the industry... in that using an MMORPG model similar to WoW's is not going to be risk-free, and that your chances for a truly successful MMORPG is improved by going your own way.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-06 at 01:29 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quick question.. Is it the human female or norn that say ; " I can outrun a centaur!"
    Im wondering because I found it quite annoying =/ and dont think I will roll the race who say it
    Last edited by Kez; 2012-08-06 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kez View Post
    Quick question.. Is it the human female or norn that say ; " I can outrun a centaur!"
    Im wondering because I found it quite annoying =/ and dont think I will roll the race who say it
    Human :/
    Yes.......quite.

good to know ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you should play an Asura

Accelerate > I could outrun a centaur

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Here is what you seen.

http://www.starfleetdental.com/
    Sounds like some sort of Cult to me.. O.o that Video reminds me of the Illuminati or something.. I'm scared, hold me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's why you should play an Asura

Accelerate > I could outrun a centaur
    Never get tired of being so awesome.

Just a quick question its not worth making a new thread,is WvWvW going to be live at launch/headstart?I've read somewhere that it'll opened like 1-2 weeks after launch to stabilize server communities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseved View Post
    Just a quick question its not worth making a new thread,is WvWvW going to be live at launch/headstart?I've read somewhere that it'll opened like 1-2 weeks after launch to stabilize server communities etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'd prefer it opened earlier though. All it would mean is that the first few weeks worth of WvW won't matter in the grand scheme of things. It helps A LOT for leveling (esp for people who dislike doing DEs/hearts), so to have it open would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be live right away and will last for 24 hours for the first week or two.

We have seen quite a few questions and concerns about world-versus-world match length at launch. We’re expecting to see large population changes across all worlds in the first few weeks as more players get into the game and guilds start getting settled.

To help account for the rapidly fluctuating populations at launch, we’ll initially use the 24-hour match format until world populations settle down a bit and we are able to get some data that will help avoid having two-week-long extreme mismatches. Once most worlds are reliably matching up against worlds of similar strength, we will switch over to playing the two-week-duration match cycles.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

WvW should be available immediately, but with a faster turnover rate than it will be long-term (ie, 24 hours rather than 2 weeks), until WvW ratings have stabilized.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/the-worlds...-weekend-event

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 11:18 AM ----------

And that's what happens when I try posting between work without refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Wait... Will I have to redownload GW2 or can I just update my client from BWE3 for launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    Wait... Will I have to redownload GW2 or can I just update my client from BWE3 for launch?
    Update. /10charr

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    That's absolutely amazing! (and how the star wars mmo should have been)
    Id kinda makes me want to join their guild... :X.

just a quick question here.

so i bought the pre order of the limited edition of the game by online retailer from my country, so if i read correct I need to get the copy at headstart then use the serial code for playing the headstart.

however how do i show that i "ordred it" from them? do you think since i purchased it on their website that clarify it or do i need to bring some kind of receipt?