Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    No one else can take my shift.
    Dude, call in sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Dude, call in sick!
    Not enough of a dick to do that. I work nights, we're not allowed to work alone, and there are only 2 of us on that night. Would mean the people working the next day would have double the order.

How will be updates in GW2? Will there be content patches? or only expansions like GW1? And how often will content updates happen?

Deleted
    Then I fear it was never meant to be. Luckily I am still off until mid-September, should have all of my homework finished by Wednesday this week and can spend my remaining days getting fat and neurotic in front of GW2, truly the modern age Galadriel of the West.

HALLELUJAH for the teaching profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    How will be updates in GW2? Will there be content patches? or only expansions like GW1? And how often will content updates happen?
    Content patches as normal. The frequency and extensiveness of... we won't know till after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    So how does this 24 hour name reserve feature work? If you literally spam through all the character creation screens and grab the name at the end, then delete that character, only your account can use that name for 24 hours on a new character?

Would it not make more sense for the game to allow you to pick and check the name is available and reserve it before you begin to set up the character?
    Whoa, I have never heard of such a feature does this exist? You can zoom through creation, make a name, delete char and your account has that name reserved???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    Whoa, I have never heard of such a feature does this exist? You can zoom through creation, make a name, delete char and your account has that name reserved???
    Yes, just like that.

Other thing; Arenanet informs that wow tombstone as been removed.
    The text makes out-of-character references and does not belong in the game as it breaks immersion. Secondly, it is not in keeping with our standards with regard to professionalism and does not reflect the views of ArenaNet as a whole. The artist who was responsible for adding that text left the company a while ago.
    ~source
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-08-19 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    it's the same for world of warcraft mate , but it's longer , for 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    GW1 had content updates in addition to expansions (See: Sorrows Furnace for example or Guild Wars Beyond)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Arenanet informs that wow tombstone as been removed.
    Now the trolls will have to find some other petty pointless crap to pick on...

Probably would have left the tombstone if there was no brouhaha over it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-19 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    maybe they wouldn't even have noticed it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's the world we live in. People make mountains out of mole hills. Chances are if Blizzard found something referencing SWTOR's death in an MoP graveyard, they'd leave it there, and laugh about it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-19 at 05:58 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That's the world we live in. People make mountains out of mole hills. Chances are if Blizzard found something referencing SWTOR's death in an MoP graveyard, they'd leave it there, and laugh about it.
    Don't forget the ghostcrawler post in a topic about it calling everyone pansies for caring about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post

Other thing; Arenanet informs that wow tombstone as been removed.

~source
    The text makes out-of-character references and does not belong in the game as it breaks immersion. Secondly, it is not in keeping with our standards with regard to professionalism and does not reflect the views of ArenaNet as a whole. The artist who was responsible for adding that text left the company a while ago.
    =D *SQUEE* THANK YOU ANET. See? this is what I was talking about. Ok before someone jumps at me, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT if it was moking wow, or Rift, or SWTOR, or any other game. I SERIOUSLY DON'T. What I cared about was that it was mocking another game. Period. End of Story. Whether that game was wow, or some other game is irrelevant, they were openly mocking another game, and that's just petty and unprofessional. And Anet agreed with it, such childish behavior shouldn't be a representative of the standard of professionalism that is to be expected from such a great company as Anet.

I'm so happy they removed it, it shows they can be competitive about something, while still being mature. I'm also glad the whole thing was just a disgruntled artist that isn't even there anymore in the first place.

I expect great things from these people, and I'm happy to see they didn't disappointed me.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Oh if you make a name then delete it you keep the name for a certain time?

ill have to do this

I wouldn't bet on it. On the Mop beta, the Horde Pandaren representative (Ji Firepaw) made a different greeting to you if you were male (mostly praise to your skill and a bro'fist) but flirted with you if you were female (mostly saying you're gorgeous and if you wanted to date him)

After the shitstorm that formed regarding a harlmess little line, they removed it. And it was just a slightly flirty remark. If someone found out an open mock to another game hidden on some zone, you can bet they'd remove it. Sometimes disgruntled artists pull dick moves like that. Like that old SNES basketball game that had a hidden easter egg that showed a dildo, that was from one of the artists that was fired prior to the game being released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gender inequality, if you can even call it that, is vastly different from competition between online games. :P

Especially in this day and age, when feminism is so ridiculously huge.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Gender inequality, if you can even call it that, is vastly different from competition between online games. :P

Especially in this day and age, when feminism is so ridiculously huge.
    >_> please don't paint feminists and "straw Feminists" with the same brush. I am a feminist myself, and I thought that little line was harmless, is not like he was even glorified as a pervert leech, he was just being more laid-back and happy-go-lucky in contrast to his alliance counterpart Ayssa Cloudsinger, who's a complete stiff.

Plus the flirty "lovable rogue" is a very typical charcter in most asian stories, so he even fit right in there.

Point being, a simple line, with no real sexist context sparked a shitstorm of such proportions that they removed it, an open bashing to a rival game would not be tolerated either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    an open bashing to a rival game would not be tolerated either.
    You mean like how their forum mods delete GW2 threads in Wow general for being off topic, but mysteriously miss a GW2 bashing thread that was active for 2 days, was the 5th most popular thread in the entire forum, and only stopped when it hit the 25 page / 500 post limit.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-19 at 06:45 PM.