10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yep, another 2k odd file update just went out

1419 actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    1419 actually
    My computer is still in bits so I was going by GW2status.com
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-22 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    That's quite a big update tbh.

Hmmm, about the dances, some of them i don't like, but if 1 does not like the dance, you can just don't type /dance?

My sylvari dance is crazily ugly (to me), but i'm not going away from a race based on dancing.

And damn that is a big update on the client
    Last edited by Salech; 2012-08-22 at 12:40 PM.

On another not ANET is hiring new programmers, designers and artists. Time to dust off the MIT diploma and step up the game champs.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 01:25 PM ----------

On yet another note finally figured out what I want to play. Managed to do it just in the nick of time, banzai to that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    On another not ANET is hiring new programmers, designers and artists. Time to dust off the MIT diploma and step up the game champs.
    Do it, become a secret-agent for MMO-champ, and we can secretly take over Guild Wars 2... DANCE PUPPETS DANCE, MUAAhaa.... Too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Do it, become a secret-agent for MMO-champ, and we can secretly take over Guild Wars 2... DANCE PUPPETS DANCE, MUAAhaa.... Too much?
    I am too lazy of a programmer to step up my game But those dances ... I have said it wtb proper dancing system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    On yet another note finally figured out what I want to play. Managed to do it just in the nick of time, banzai to that.
    Another Necro lover, YAHTZEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Another Necro lover, YAHTZEE!
    In the end I always go back to caster archetypes that don't work with elements. Mesmer would be fine as well, but neither norn nor charr makes a good mesmer. Maybe female norn ... but I stick to male characters.

Deleted
    Still no eta on when I'll be able to link my gw I and gw II accounts if I have made it already? (forgot my guild wars I acc name during registration and was too lazy to look it up so I pressed proceed)

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Still no eta on when I'll be able to link my gw I and gw II accounts if I have made it already? (forgot my guild wars I acc name during registration and was too lazy to look it up so I pressed proceed)
    You already can, just contact customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You already can, just contact customer support.
    Done so a few weeks ago, they told me to wait for the release of account linking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Norn dance is so bad. Fucking Arena.net!
    I have to agree with that. I highly dislike the norn dance. It was rather disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengfulr3ap3r View Post
    I have to agree with that. I highly dislike the norn dance. It was rather disappointing.
    Did you people not watch enough Fresh Prince? I am disappoint.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-08-22 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    People don't know what they want anyway. They just know what they don't want. I almost cried in laughter when I saw the Norn dance for the first time last night. I just remember squeezing in the word "perfect" a few times between laughing gasps.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Haha, I dislike it because they messed it up. :P Not because I dislike the Carlton.

Deleted
    I'm extremely dissapointed with PvP in Guild Wars 2 as it currently is. I like that gear is equal, but it was pretty obvious that the Guardian still dominated the PvP battlegrounds by quite a long shot even though people claim they have been nerfed. I was playing an Engineer and... well, they're pretty bad, not the worst... but still bad in PVP. I did enjoy them in PvE though, but since there's no end game PvE it's quite pointless to roll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I'm extremely dissapointed with PvP in Guild Wars 2 as it currently is. I like that gear is equal, but it was pretty obvious that the Guardian still dominated the PvP battlegrounds by quite a long shot even though people claim they have been nerfed. I was playing an Engineer and... well, they're pretty bad, not the worst... but still bad in PVP. I did enjoy them in PvE though, but since there's no end game PvE it's quite pointless to roll one.
    yes and no.

I am a bit disappointed in PVP; but not for the same reasons. Class balance is a silly reason to shun pvp. EVERY SINGLE GAME will have balance issues, nerfs and buffs come and go, classes rise and fall, its the same old story, it has happened to every class on every MMO that has ever existed.

My main gripe with GW2's pvp is how little there is to do. WvW, rated AB, and AB. That's it. I really would had liked that the 3 different battlegrounds had different objectives each, but giving the exact same goal to all 3 is pretty boring. I really hope they add other objectives in the future.

As for there being no endgame in PVE........... I disagree. There are no raids (And by Raids I mean instanced dungeons that you do with very large groups of 10 or more people) but there are dungeons, with plenty of challenge each, lots of different paths to complete them, different modes that significantly alter the experience on each one, and for that "feeling" of a big army of players vs a huge boss, there's the more higher tiered Dynamic Events.

The only thing that sucks about those, is how we have no way of knowing when such a big boss will spawn. For all we know zaithan could spawn in a DE next week on friday at 4 PM. If you're not in the right zone, at the exact date, at the exact time, at the proper level, you'll just miss it. =/

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I fully disagree with this belief. Just because a lot of people play Guardian, doesn't mean they're OP. They're not that hard to take down if you just know how.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    My main gripe with GW2's pvp is how little there is to do. WvW, rated AB, and AB. That's it. I really would had liked that the 3 different battlegrounds had different objectives each, but giving the exact same goal to all 3 is pretty boring. I really hope they add other objectives in the future.
    Technically, there are different objectives in each. They just happen to have shared primary objectives.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Guardians seem OP to people because most people haven't learned how to counter teams with Guardians - it's a learning issue, not a balance issue

Having a single type (Conquest) of map makes it easier to learn and follow the primary objective, which in ANet's view is essential when it comes to breaking into the eSport territory. If they didn't, it'd be like going to a basketball game and instead seeing a hockey match. They might eventually add other types of maps, but in their internal testing, Conquest was the best/most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.