Deleted
    So, does anyone know if we'll be able to transfer to a "Full" server soon? I'm still the only one of my guild/friends who isn't on Riverside but it's always Full, even at 02:30am at a normal weekday :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So, does anyone know if we'll be able to transfer to a "Full" server soon? I'm still the only one of my guild/friends who isn't on Riverside but it's always Full, even at 02:30am at a normal weekday :s
    No idea. I don't know if they're just copy/pasting things, but according to their game status updates on the wiki, they're constantly increasing server size. I think you just have to keep trying to get lucky.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Try and spam it a few times to trick it, guildies have had to do that to make it work on Blackgate.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Try and spam it a few times to trick it, guildies have had to do that to make it work on Blackgate.
    Spam what? Clicking on "World Selection", closing the window and clicking on it again?

@DrakeWurrum Thanks, so I can still hope. Would suck if I had to pay diamons for it though. But tough luck, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if it does get to that point, you can always just buy some gems with gold. :3
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Well, if it does get to that point, you can always just buy some gems with gold. :3
    Yah, let's just hope that it won't be like 2000 dias. I have about 5g on all character right now. Would suck to lose everything because of that. But that's my fault for not being patient and waiting for the server to have more capacity and instead rocking on a different one, eh?

Urgh, tried 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am and now 7am and the damn server is always full. What's with these people? Go to sleep, damn it^^

Feels bad, man.
    Last edited by mmocc2f63cde0d; 2012-09-14 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    When I first came to mmochampion we had a nice small gw2 community here. Whatever happened to that? There are some people who seem to live in this subforum trying to discredit anything about GW2. Do they not have anything better to do in their lives? RIP mmoc community, it has now become much worse than even the guru community. I'm out of here, laters all.
    I posted a couple of things in a similar vein on the forum recently. My hope would be for a single thread to be created where all of these trolls and nay sayers can go and post their drivel so the rest of us can post valid questions, tactics, tricks, etc about the game. It's actually no longer fun/interesting to come and look here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I posted a couple of things in a similar vein on the forum recently. My hope would be for a single thread to be created where all of these trolls and nay sayers can go and post their drivel so the rest of us can post valid questions, tactics, tricks, etc about the game. It's actually no longer fun/interesting to come and look here.
    Obviosuly it' not a viable solution.
    Personally i try to not feed them, but it's like recycling. If i am the only one doing it, it's useless.
    But this is the nature of public forums.
    Private forums are another matter, of course, but you need some kind soul to build one and keep it clean.

We tried that. Twice. The problem was people felt they needed to "debunk" or offer a "rebuttal" to negative opinion. Which led down the road of terrible posting, name calling and game v game BS.

Allow me to blow minds for a moment: White knighting is trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    We tried that. Twice. The problem was people felt they needed to "debunk" or offer a "rebuttal" to negative opinion. Which led down the road of terrible posting, name calling and game v game BS.

But....you weren't really expecting that to work out, right?
    I mean....i may have little faith left in the human race on internet, but thinking of no retaliations (or as you call it "white knighting"), in a post with some honest criticism and dozens and dozens of blatant bashings, is well....naive at best.
    Last edited by mmoc6322d2f7bc; 2012-09-14 at 02:28 PM. Reason: grammar, my nemesis.

The problem is that we need to find some way of clearing it up because it is getting really unpleasant. I said in the one thread that I had to go back 5 pages just to find the engineer thread because of all of the crazy threads. Is it not possible to add some sub-boards (Professions, Gameplay, Crafting, Puzzles, General, etc). The majority of troll type threads would end up in General and we could just skip that section. Any troll threads in the other ones would be off topic and could easily be closed.

Deleted
    There is an engineer thread?!

You know..and I've probably posted this a dozen times before...I don't give a rats ass if people have valid complaints, and actually articulate them in a meaningful manner. But when people flame just for the sake of flaming (ie, for attention/trolling), well, it's hard not to rebuttal against the absolute bullshit some people post. I know, opinions and all that...but if you don't like something, a) if you're going to post about it, be constructive, and b) if you really don't like it, DON'T FUCKING POST ABOUT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that we need to find some way of clearing it up because it is getting really unpleasant. I said in the one thread that I had to go back 5 pages just to find the engineer thread because of all of the crazy threads. Is it not possible to add some sub-boards (Professions, Gameplay, Crafting, Puzzles, General, etc). The majority of troll type threads would end up in General and we could just skip that section. Any troll threads in the other ones would be off topic and could easily be closed.
    This is probably why I'm leaning away from these forums lately, and greatly preferring the official forums, even though they're slow and don't have much of a population.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You know..and I've probably posted this a dozen times before...I don't give a rats ass if people have valid complaints, and actually articulate them in a meaningful manner. But when people flame just for the sake of flaming (ie, for attention/trolling), well, it's hard not to rebuttal against the absolute bullshit some people post. I know, opinions and all that...but if you don't like something, a) if you're going to post about it, be constructive, and b) if you really don't like it, DON'T FUCKING POST ABOUT IT.
    I've linked this before, buuuut.... http://www.cracked.com/article_17522...ternet_p2.html

#2. Low Cyber Self-Esteem (a.k.a. The Guy Who Everyone Hates but Who Never Leaves)
    and
    #1. Internet Asperger's Syndrome (a.k.a. The Troll)

Deleted
    Every community has its trolls and its haters, every message board across every subject I've ever browsed has got problems keeping everyone happy. This is at the end of the day a World of Warcraft fansite and that does cause some problems for other game sections... the official forums is looking pretty good right now and although I love these forums and will continue to actively use this one, I'll still be reading and participating on the official ones too, it's not like you have to choose one forum.

I have to say I play GW2 mainly with around five different people who I met here on MMO who are probably the most fun and nicest gamers I've met since the guild I raided with for 4 years on WoW and coming from me, that's a massive compliment... I usually do not actually mix the people I talk to on MMO with the people I actually game with - this section is the only section I've actually had personal conversations with people in, the only section that I've chatted to people on voice comms with, the only section I've ever found people in I actually game with and enjoy spending time with outside of the forums and I've been a WoW mod for 2 years and a D3 mod since beta. Because of that I rate this community and section pretty high myself, despite the frustrations from some of the rather silly threads, negativity and whining right now.

There are a lot of really fantastic people in this community, I have faith I will find even more awesome people to game with, and surely it's better to keep participating and try and meet those people for good constructive discussions, than give up on it and let the trolls win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also: for the record, very much dislike the way people use the term "white knight" on this board. Sometimes, people are just fucking wrong, and I want to punch their face in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Also: for the record, very much dislike the way people use the term "white knight" on this board. Sometimes, people are just fucking wrong, and I want to punch their face in for it.
    Replace 'this board' with 'the internet' and you've got that totally right haha.

Also 30,000 get!

Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    But....you weren't really expecting that to work out, right?
    Well, it did work to a degree. We did contain a lot of otherwise bad threads by having that huge [NEGATIVE OPINION] thread open for a bit. Not all of it. And some borderline stuff had to be allowed as it was just shy of crossing that infraction line.

Though there is always a breaking point. Eventually it just gets out of hand the cycle begins anew.

I understand the frustration and share it at times.

Two things:

1. We have a sticky index to those threads: here. Specifically so you don't have to go searching through 8 pages of nonsense.

2. Individual sub-forums are likely a long ways off. This isn't really a GW2 fansite. However, ya'll are free to petition for one to the administration. If Boub is cranky about it tell him it was Zilong's idea. Not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Again. I understand. However. This is a public forum. People are free to voice negative opinion. They just can't go around calling others names or egregiously breaking our rules. We can't force anybody one way or the other in how to post well or smartly.

Is what it is.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-14 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think part of my frustration comes from the fact that everybody's favorite attack lately is ad hominem. Tempted to make a new account completely unrelated to this one just because, upon seeing my post count, they immediately feel the need to attack me. Don't even care about my post count, and wish I could turn it off.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 11:53 AM ----------

However. This is a public forum. People are free to voice negative opinion.
    I just wish fact-checking and objectiveness was, in certain cases, required. Like going around saying "GW2 is an Asian game!"
    Which is not only untrue, but doesn't even really mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    When I first came to mmochampion we had a nice small gw2 community here. Whatever happened to that? There are some people who seem to live in this subforum trying to discredit anything about GW2. Do they not have anything better to do in their lives? RIP mmoc community, it has now become much worse than even the guru community. I'm out of here, laters all.
    When game gets launched it attracts new ppl, obviously the community grows. It was small b4 because we were all fans of the game that have been keeping up with it for months or years b4 the first beta. We are the fans that like the game, but once it launches it attracts players who dont feel the same way. These are the ppl who didnt read about the game or know much about it but just bought because other ppl said it was good and it didnt turn out to be their cup of tea. It happens with all games. Get used to it.