Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Looks like a jumping puzzle. Zero interest.

Tabbed back to TSM vs. GGU.
    WTF is that?

you crazy kids and your acronyms

Anyway, about the super box, it's pretty good. Would be a better time with friends I imagine. But I got close to 500 baubles just casually going through one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I think its BS that I need "continue coins" from somewhere else.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 01:15 AM ----------

I think its BS that I need "continue coins" from somewhere else.
    If this is the giant "Jumping Puzzle" they said they would be bringing in and if there was enough interest they'd bring the other tiers I have to mock their design model/thinking pattern: "so erm we're making this big JP but we'll release the retard version first and if retard mode had enough followers we'll implement the rest. Good plan, now lets put in some silly coin system to put people off it to begin with. Thats a great plan, let's implement all of that."
    You only need the coins if you run out of lives, Also they only cost 50 baubles

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    WTF is that?

you crazy kids and your acronyms
    Team SoloMid Snapdragon vs. Good Game University in the North American League Championship Series of the video game called League of Legends.

Gramps.

Heh, well now I know

If I told you I was watching UL vs DU would you know what I was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Heh, well now I know

If I told you I was watching UL vs DU would you know what I was talking about?
    Tell me how you walked to school uphill both ways in the snow. With no shoes and an onion tied to your belt, Gramps.

;]

Indeed. Although you lost me on the onion reference.

As soon as I saw what this box was, one of my first thoughts was that Fencers is going to hate it

I really hate jumping puzzles. It's way over compensating for Guild Wars 1.

Like, "You people complained about no jump for 5 years? Screw it. Hope you like spacebar, bishes."

Though I was informed Arena.net included a wittle baby mode for those not suffering from a terminal case of the hops. Might try that and call it well enough.

Also, http://youtu.be/TRUj8dma0oo
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-01 at 02:33 AM.

So yeah I went in the SAB ( Super Adventure Box) by myself just to see whats up. I gotta say I really like the style of the place. Plus the first shop I came across, I went and destroyed everything I could put my hands on just because. I mean, who just leaves empty jars sitting on the ground like that? If you ask me that shopkeeper was asking for it.

Also I just checked out the commercial from A-net. Dat Commercial lol.
    Last edited by Wonka; 2013-04-01 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I really hate jumping puzzles. It's way over compensating for Guild Wars 1.

Like, "You people complained about no jump for 5 years? Screw it. Hope you like spacebar, bishes."

Though I was informed Arena.net included a wittle baby mode for those not suffering from a terminal case of the hops. Might try that and call it well enough.

Also, http://youtu.be/TRUj8dma0oo
    I read that if the king toad became to hard for you, you could activate some feature which made it easier, i wonder if that applies for the jumping as well. Then again, it's all personal preference, some people like the challenge, some don't and some even hate the idea of jumping puzzles.

Deleted
    Just talk to the happy cloud at start, you can then go infantile mode, which essentially gives you a shortcut for EVERY jumping part.

I'm so confused. So, the Super Adventure Box is only for a month? This isn't the first part of the "I Wanna Be That Guy" jumping puzzle zone?

Seems like it's just for a month. And if popular enough, they will roll out more mini games like this in the future.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...es/april-2013/

Pretty straightforward. I don't understand the source of confusion.

Yes, apparently the Super Adventure Box is the April patch as well. Don't know if it's the whole of it, but yea. Did you guys see ANet's April Fool's?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Yes, apparently the Super Adventure Box is the April patch as well. Don't know if it's the whole of it, but yea. Did you guys see ANet's April Fool's?
    it's not, the April Update is coming end of April (Colin in the official forums)

There will be another release at the end of April on top of this bonus living world release today for Super Adventure Box. Date, features, and content TBD (spoiler: of course we have a Flame & Frost release!)
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-04-01 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh and I thought they were setting the bar high with ONE content patch a month!!
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sheesh and I thought they were setting the bar high with ONE content patch a month!!
    I'll have to say, the living story content up to now is pretty disappointing for me. Not more than two personal story missions last month and it was considered a "big" update. Generic gameplay too, Anet has quite a bit to learn about missiondesign.

I'm gonna try the Adventure Box today, from what I've seen on youtube it's 300% more fun than any one of the story-missions. There's even a big boss which is considered difficult - something completely new when I look at the big dragons in the world.

yeah, I'm 90% positive about the game, the changes on culling and progression, the reintroduction of cutscenes, the characterdesign of the two new heroes,... all fine with it. Still I wonder what they think when they come up with those story-missions which hardly can be failed and which are boring from start to finish. It's kind of funny, the best bits of gameplay in GW2 I experienced in temporary updates (the Halloween-Quests, the Snowball-battle, probably now the Adventure box,...?!)

(love the game)

Just a reminder, but the monthly achievement now is like dailies where you can pick 4/7 requirements to get it. Love that change.

Yeah, I about flipped a table when I saw WvW and Fractals back as the monthly, then I saw you only need 4 on the list and was like, thank god. :P

Thx for clearing that up Maarius. I have to say that i'm kinda dissapointed with the Flame and Frost thingy, but still, the patches come with other content so i'm happy. Maybe they should take a break 1 month and come with a big patch after 2 months sometime?

I'm not as down on the living story as you guys seem to be. And I love the idea behind the incremental updates that go along with it. It's certainly a departure from the big patch every 5 to 6 months that usually occur in MMOs. I do hope the story progresses beyond the couple of areas that they currently have though.