10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Protip: A good and nice guild increases your enjoyment by 1028%.
    yep, that`s why I now brows the official forums and gw2guilds.org in search of an active guild.

Anyone have any tips on how to not get my ass handed to me in Orr? So far the only thing I'm accomplishing trying to get map completion is broken gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Anyone have any tips on how to not get my ass handed to me in Orr? So far the only thing I'm accomplishing trying to get map completion is broken gear.
    What profession are you playing?

Remember to use different utility skills as well. Take those who breaks stuns or gives you speed boost and such.

I don't have too many issues in Orr, even in my MF gear. I normally run straight towards creeps. Don't try and skirt in between them, you are likely to pull 2 instead of just one. I also use my heal on CD.

Nothing in Orr is more difficult than the previous zones. There are just a ton of mobs in Orr. It's the number of Krait and Risen that are the problem. Not the mobs themselves.

Pro tip: Just run pass all that shit. Get the POIs/WPs and keep running. Heal/stun break, invul, run skills-- equip all that, and just run.

The game isn't particularly difficult in any area. When I cleared Orr I was still in a mish-mash of gear ranging from level 40-70 gear. The first piece of level 80 gear I used was like a green sword from Cursed Shore.

Might wanna make sure you are running a good build.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Thief , in Orr i just switch to Shortbow, and use Infiltrators Arrow to blink around.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    What profession are you playing?
    Ranger thus far, though I have a warrior headed out there soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nothing in Orr is more difficult than the previous zones. There are just a ton of mobs in Orr. It's the number of Krait and Risen that are the problem. Not the mobs themselves.
    I don't know. They certainly seem to hurt a lot more and take longer to die. x_X

Pro tip: Just run pass all that shit. Get the POIs/WPs and keep running. Heal/stun break, invul, run skills-- equip all that, and just run.
    That was my next plan since I don't really know what else to do. :P

The game isn't particularly difficult in any area. When I cleared Orr I was still in a mish-mash of gear ranging from level 40-70 gear. The first piece of level 80 gear I used was like a green sword from Cursed Shore.

Might wanna make sure you are running a good build.
    Well, nearly all the mobs seem to have some form of slow and/or immobilize as well as a poison and/or bleed. The mob density is the worst I've seen anywhere in the game thus far and the respawn rate is absolutely ridiculous. This is not even counting 'cursed' areas where you take continuous DoT damage and/or can't heal or the fact that many areas have near constant events occurring. I've yet to be able to do anything in the Temple of Lyssa because it's perpetually overrun with undead in exactly the areas I need to go. Maybe that's not particularly "difficult", but it's annoying and makes trying to accomplish much without a group both challenging and frustrating.

I was wearing level 80 greens, but at this point I think I'm just going to buy a new set of blues since I can't go longer than 10 minutes without getting overwhelmed and dying. As for a build, I'm currently running Ranger 20/30/20/0/0 with short bow/axe&torch swap.

Deleted
    Ranger thus far, though I have a warrior headed out there soon too.
    If possible, go with Greatsword and [Random One-Handed Weapon] & Horn.

Use the Greatsword for the flying charge, and the Horn for speed boost. Also, take some good utilites that breaks stuns, and that one utility that makes your pet take all damage. Remember to dodge too, obviously.

This is for exploring only, of course.

For gaining access to Orr, there are a lot of events that flow through the zone. This is how I first got a lot of waypoints. I just followed the DE's and picked up a path through. From there I was able to pick off the remaining points without too much difficulty (except the top left on land of the straits, that skill point was rather though). I regularly farm Orr for Orch.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    evrybody that still play is either in w3 or doing fractals. I had the same problem in the last week.
    This is far from the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Well, nearly all the mobs seem to have some form of slow and/or immobilize as well as a poison and/or bleed. The mob density is the worst I've seen anywhere in the game thus far and the respawn rate is absolutely ridiculous.
    That is all you needed to say, sister.

And we know. Almost any sane person will tell you there is just too many mobs which respawn too quickly in Orr zones.

I was wearing level 80 greens, but at this point I think I'm just going to buy a new set of blues since I can't go longer than 10 minutes without getting overwhelmed and dying. As for a build, I'm currently running Ranger 20/30/20/0/0 with short bow/axe&torch swap.
    I think I did 30/0/20/20/0 or something. Took everything that got me out of danger quickly or dropped conditions. 3 signets + the vine tangle elite.

Longbow and Axe+warhorn. Longbow for control/fighting, axe for drive-by DE farming and warhorn to run like hell. Brown bear + polar bear.

Something like: this. With all my gear being Toughness/Vitality orientated with Power as my 3rd favorite stat. I made literally hundreds and hundreds of health regen food while leveling cooking. So I always had hp regen active on myself as well.

Just run like crazy.

30/25/0/0/15 use sb+axe/wh I've always played with berserker gear and never had issues. Use your pet wisely+signet of stone ftw, if u actuallly do get in combat warhorn 5=> weaponswap sb3 for crazy swiftness durations, if you're in a picle pop ur signet and kill.

Best pet combo is prolly hyena+wolf.
    What I mean to say is that traits rn't as important as your (utility) skills

Another trick is to run like mad and once your health starts dropping hit log out, go to char creation and log back in. You'll be out of combat and have full hp.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-11-26 at 05:19 AM.

Could someone please explain the logic behind the 'spam' filter?
    There's no LFG tool, so you have to pretty much advertise in /map

In roughly 10 minutes I wrote "LFG TA story" 3 times, and then I was blocked. I even changed the message a bit every time, but still. WTF?

I love this game but small things like this just piss me off.

Deleted
    Heh yeah. Being blocked for writing "lfg" is annoying. But at least you can play. I'm still waiting for 2nd support response (suspended account ;/)

Well, nearly all the mobs seem to have some form of slow and/or immobilize as well as a poison and/or bleed. The mob density is the worst I've seen anywhere in the game thus far and the respawn rate is absolutely ridiculous. This is not even counting 'cursed' areas where you take continuous DoT damage and/or can't heal or the fact that many areas have near constant events occurring. I've yet to be able to do anything in the Temple of Lyssa because it's perpetually overrun with undead in exactly the areas I need to go. Maybe that's not particularly "difficult", but it's annoying and makes trying to accomplish much without a group both challenging and frustrating.
    Well, it is undead, and there's a lot of them, and there continues to be a lot of them. Watching, playing, and hopefully soon reading (come on Christmas!) The Walking Dead makes me appreciate it somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Could someone please explain the logic behind the 'spam' filter?
    There's no LFG tool, so you have to pretty much advertise in /map

In roughly 10 minutes I wrote "LFG TA story" 3 times, and then I was blocked. I even changed the message a bit every time, but still. WTF?

I love this game but small things like this just piss me off.
    Yeah this was one of the things that really turned me off the game. Genuine users should not be punished because ANet's script detection isn't adequate. It feels the same as watching those crappy "You wouldn't steal a car" ads on DVD's despite having gone out and bought the fucking thing.

Despite ANet's assurances/measures, the bot problem hasn't lessened one iota.

Well, I followed everyone's advice and finally finished the evil that is Malchor's Leap, yay. Only died once and that was underwater where I hadn't tweaked my survivability skills. We'll see how bad Cursed Shore is in comparison. :P

N00b question #4: Sigils! Do they not stack? I have +5 power per kill on my shortbow and +5 condition damage per kill on my axe. The condition damage carries over when I swap weapons, but I never get any stacks of power while using short bow.

You can only have 1 stack of an "on-kill" effect at once.

Something you might not know, as you seem new to the Guild Wars franchise-- but the Guild Wars wiki is extremely robust. It's maintained partly by Arena.net.

At any time if you type /wiki in chat it will bring up the wiki instantly. Can even do things like /wiki sigil, which will open the exact relevant wiki page.

Observe:

Opens this page directly: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

Can do that from Guild Wars 1 to present. Works for queries such as /wik <thief skill>, /wiki <cooking recipe>, /wiki <area name>, etc. Pretty handy for a new player.

Deleted
    Does it open the page inside the game? that'd be pretty cool.

Style Hair and Total Makeover Kits now available on Black Lion Trading Post. Finally.

A "Self-Style Hair Kit" is available for 250 gems, or 5/1000 gems. It allows you to reconfigure your hair/horns etc (basically the whole head area sans skin color).
    Alternatively, there's also "Total Makeover Kits" which are 350 gems or 5/1400. They let you change Everything about your character sans personal story affecting things (so you CAN'T change class/race/background). Both items are in the services tab of the BLTP.

Here's a video of it in action...