How have I missed the part about the dungeon being temporary? Have they said how long it's gonna stay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    How have I missed the part about the dungeon being temporary? Have they said how long it's gonna stay?
    They have just said that the dungeon will be temporary, not for how long though.

I believe they do this because its a different team creating the dungeons now, and they are giving it a test to see what the feedback will be like, if that model is something to go after.

Yeah possibly. Thanks for that info. I'm really interested in seeing what new models will we get from that dungeon, too bad they don't want to show us already!

Temporary Dugneon? Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Yeah possibly. Thanks for that info. I'm really interested in seeing what new models will we get from that dungeon, too bad they don't want to show us already!
    There's something to be said for, "surprises" . . . just saying.

So.....am I the only one who's excited for the new PvE story after Flame&Frost? Crystal Dessert/Elona pl0x.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I took a good little break when all my friends stopped playing, and now Im back rerolling and getting back into GW2. Did you guy ever make that mmo champion guild? If so what sever are you guys on? I'm looking to find a good active guild.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

I believe that guild fell apart as it was mostly made of WoW players who left for MOP.

There is (I believe) still a guild which merged with another one... pretty cool people, I couldn't stay with them because I'm playing with RL-friends on an EU-server. Miss you Mif, Squirrelbanes & co.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-04-25 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    There is (I believe) still a guild which merged with another one... pretty cool people, I couldn't stay with them because I'm playing with RL-friends on an EU-server. Miss you Mif, Squirrelbanes & co.
    you played GW1, right? multiple account homie!
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    you played GW1, right? multiple account homie!

sadly I don't have the time for more than 1 account. I played GW1 a bit, yes!?!

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 11:13 AM ----------

has anyone noticed this?:

haha, love it

Think I'm going to take a break from the game for a while. I'll try to finish some of the single player games that have been hanging around in my computer forever.

Nothing against the game, I'm just tired of mmos.

Fear the Reaper man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Think I'm going to take a break from the game for a while. I'll try to finish some of the single player games that have been hanging around in my computer forever.

Nothing against the game, I'm just tired of mmos.
    I did this when SC2 was released, now I'm back in GW2 with full commitment. Have fun!

Incidentally SC2 is one of the games I want to finish, along with Bioshock Infinite, Xcom, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2, Dues Ex HR, AC Revelations, and some more probably.

I'm pretty terrible about not finishing games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Incidentally SC2 is one of the games I want to finish, along with Bioshock Infinite, Xcom, Dead Space 3, Borderlands 2, Dues Ex HR, AC Revelations, and some more probably.

I'm pretty terrible about not finishing games.
    Those are all excellent games, you really should see them through.

LOL it's a beakie SM. XD

Signet improvements – Now add 20 base, + 2 per level
    Why do they think giving mesmer signets a power buff will fix the signets from being shitty? People don't take them not because they don't get damage from them but because THEY ARE CRAP. And LOL at mantra cast time reduction, because a .5 sec cast time reduction will make them not suck ass in pve or pvp (you're giving up too much group utility and have to devote a lot of traits for them to be useful FOR ONLY YOURSELF).

Really about to reroll warrior or guardian to get some build diversity.

and necro minions get extra hp? That wasn't their fucking problem for the last 6 months. Their problem is that they don't attack or wander off somewhere but rangers get a pet AI improvement?

And LOL at warrior damage buff, like they needed more damage (they needed more surv against conditions not snare conditions..)
    Last edited by zito; 2013-04-27 at 12:22 PM.

zito I think you got the patch horribly wrong...
    here are the preliminary patch notes taken from reddit:

General:

Sigils: Battle and Energy are strong, will be reworked as well as others.
    Will be changes to the confusion stacks in PvE and PvP. In PvP it will be changed.
    Pet AI improved.
    Some classes will have traits being compressed.

Warrior:

Turtle's defense, due to the low popularity is being replaced with "Dogged(?) March". In defense line. Similar to Elementalist's trait: "Geomancer's freedom": chilled, immobilization and crippled decreased 33% faster, also get a small amount of regeneration.
    One of the traits (adrenaline) in the discipline line is pushed together and combined. Both will reduce skill recharge and less adrenaline consumption. Called "Burst Mastery".
    In the "future" they'll like to make more ways to spend more adrenaline.
    Leaves place to the new "Empowered" to increase damage by 3% PER boon type. Thus 18 stacks of might means 3% damage increase, 5 boons in total will be 15% more.
    Changes to warrior Signet of Might, the increase of power it gives - feels that the active effect will be changed. When activating signet, lose previous powers but gain a buff that next 3 attacks will be unblockable. This will hit PvE a tad, but it's aimed towards more of the PvP.
    Wanted to see what traits will do primarily in PvP.

Thief:

Idea is to make them more survivable and more versatile.
    Improve viability of thief, more sustain. Reducing a little of their overall burst.
    Removed critting from invisibility, instead it will now heal. Increases with healing power.
    Split flanking strike. Previously 2 attacks that allow you to hit twice. Improved animation to track target better, and will be flipped over to another strike. This will steal boons. This is because they wanted thief to prolonged fight, because they cannot generate boons like other classes. One initiative cost. If you have 20 stacks of might, and a long duration, it will be taken.
    Push thief's mobility up.

Ranger:

AI improvement as well, so pets won't aggro enemies
    New archetype: If the pet has not gained the aggro of the target, it will attempt to move behind the target. Stays out of its cleave range
    Pets stats improved and much more durable. Higher toughness
    Activation skills (F2) been improved- much more faster reaction time.
    Leash range is rather longer, will need to be "addressed" and "looked at"
    Spirits utility skills been improved. More health, as well as the trait that increases their proc rate.

Elementalist:

Tone down PvP effectiveness without the PvE aspect.
    Dagger elementalist will be slapped because of their favour in PvP/WvW. Staff elementalists are safe.
    Mist form will no longer use utilities skill while under mist form. No healing as well. Will be able to attunement swap
    Ride the lightning: Goes up to 40 second recharge but if it hits an enemy it will stay a 20 second recharge. Blocked hits supposidly will not incur the penalty.
    2 PvP changes: Signet of Restoration, the passive will be reduced. Cleansing Water will remove 1 condition every 5 seconds.
    Lighting form and Earth form will last longer.
    Thinking about reworking conjures.

Engineer:

Want to diversify builds
    Healing turret will be changed. Initial heal will be reduced, overcharge and passive heals will be stronger. Overcharge will drop water field, and apply healing in an area. Also removes condition. This gives players an active play. Might be split for HP will differ in PvE and PvP
    Incendiary explosives: Was applying conditions and with certain stuff it made conditions 100% uptime. Burning will be for 4 seconds every 10 seconds. Chance will be 100% every time your crit.
    Elixir S will be changed like Mist Form, no utility skills can be used. This and incendiary explosive will be the main nerf.
    Bomb Kit will be split in PvE and PvP. In PvP the damage will be increased because people have a smarter movement than the AI.
    Looking at brining up turrets.

Mesmer:

Bug fixing
    Distortion will have no cap.
    Moa elite will allow you to run and activate it.
    Mantras wanted to be improved, but ANet is scared of it.
    Illusion of life will have a cast time reduced.

Necromancers:

Corrupt boon and epidemic will be unblockable abilities (might be via traits).
    Increase HP of some minions, as well as the aggro changes.
    Thinking about putting a new condition for Death Shroud, on the fifth ability. Not telling. A form of a dark dot that will have a secondary branch.

Guardian:

Fix bugs and viability
    Spirit Weapons will have HP increased.
    Some skills were strong, such as blocking trebuchet shots. Will be changed.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-04-27 at 03:47 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liking the ranger changes....stuff that needed to be fixed a long time ago, but glad it's getting in sooner than later.
    BAD WOLF