Release date is not set in stone, it will be released when it's ready like they said.. NCsoft is not pushing them they don't have a deadline, they can take their time.
    They said they will do beta and go from there and see how well that goes and it will determine the release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    from an article by Guildcast's Rubi

Kegball! This is a minigame I will play and play and play. Every new skill I learned had me laughing out loud. The game is essentially norn rugby, only with many kegs of ale instead of a single ball. Kegball is played on ice, and you and your teammates are trying to keep the kegs away from the opposing team while getting them down the “field”.
    Picking up a keg gives you five keg-based skills, including some long and short throws that can be used to pass the keg to your teammates, Head Crack to hit your opponents with the keg and stun them, Dive Roll to avoid attacks, and my personal favorite, Pour Ale. This one lets you dump some ale onto the ice, where it instantly freezes and causes your nearby opponents to do a hilarious stepped-on-a-banana-peel style fall that had me in stitches. They flew in every direction; it was great.
    When you’re empty-handed you’ve got five different skills – Punch, for dazing your opponent, Disarm to knock the keg from his or her hands, the previously-mentioned Dive Roll, Charge to rush at your opponent and kick them, and Stomp. Stomp is similar to Pour Ale, so of course I love it. It cracks the ice and knocks your opponents back, sending them flying.

Here's the article: http://guildcast.wordpress.com/2011/...g-and-kegball/

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That just depends where you are, some places prefer YYYY/MM/DD, MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY
    In general most dates given by an American will be in MM/DD format not DD/MM. I know a good chunk of the rest of the world does it the other way around though so I'm always having to check if its not obvious (having a 28 is a dead givaway that is a day in that slot) That said I doubt thats the release date, at least I hope its not thats way to far away.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It does?

Usually there are official standards for date format.

As far as I know MM/DD/YYYY is the official one used in the US and in the UK as well I think.

DD/MM/YYYY is used in mainland Europe.

YYYY/MM/DD is the ISO-standard.
    This isn't quite true :P

Europeans write DD.MM.YYYY with a dot instead of a slash. Atleast thats the standard way of writing it in both norway, germany and england. Not sure about other countries though :P

The military use YYYYMMDD without anything to seperate it. Like for example 20110628

Deleted
    That dungeon gameplay video / intro looked sick. I need to find a decent team...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytramp View Post
    That dungeon gameplay video / intro looked sick. I need to find a decent team...
    Well...based on the feedback so far...find four friend who don't suck, roll whatever professions you want, and profit!

Deleted
    Why are we talking about dates? =.= Even though UK is DD/MM/YYYY *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Why are we talking about dates? =.= Even though UK is DD/MM/YYYY *cough*
    Well... because... err... look! It's a dragon! run!

*runs*

Deleted
    This are be stupid????

Tank dragon ummm me warrior me tankkk

*run to dragon to cuddle it* <3
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by dewote View Post
    well... Because... Err... Look! It's a dragon! Run!

*runs*
    it's
    so
    freaking
    cute

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Well... because... err... look! It's a dragon! run!
    *img*
    *runs*
    Lets be friends and fly off into the distance!

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 looks pretty impressive. Unlike Rift, which is good but just an upgraded version of WoW with nothing new.....GW2 looks like it will be very different. The weapon system, underwater combat, story and challenge modes for dungeons, and the amazing graphics. I just hope my pc will run it.

I want this game so bad...I thought the 2 day event at Arenanet would sate my need for Guild Wars 2 info, but now I just want more and more(Sylvari update and last class info plox). Also after watching the dungeon intro and how improved the animation and voice acting was for it, I can't wait to see more of the cinematics for quests and etc, and the game looks beautiful but the player characters i can see still need some polish but I'm sure that when they show info at comic-con and gamescon this august we will see a lot of improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Lets be friends and fly off into the distance!
    That's all that the shatterer really wants, just to be friends, he's kinda clumsy though, so that's why he destroyed all that stuff, he didn't asked to be fought off.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    I dont' like the idea that dungeons are doable without a specified setup. This is not because i can't think out of the box, but there will be no real straight forward strategy. More or less like i thik it will be total chaos and randomness If you go in a Instance in Wow without a Tank and a "real" healer you likely will fail @ bosses because the need tanking skills and hit harder - maybe even one hit a non tank.

So by chaning this mechanism to a random class group without nothing specific it's will be probably end i a total chaos because no one leads, no one feels do be responsible for anything. It's like a pickup group where dps is pull much too fast or the healer is making damage and others die because of casrelessness.

Teamwork is a good response to that, but in a random world "teamwork" is somehow overrated. Nowadays people wanna fast pace dungeons for loot and are more ore less often very egocentric. (like dpsing is cooler than healing or supporting)

Options ?

Quote Originally Posted by AClass View Post
    I dont' like the idea that dungeons are doable without a specified setup. This is not because i can't think out of the box, but there will be no real straight forward strategy. More or less like i thik it will be total chaos and randomness If you go in a Instance in Wow without a Tank and a "real" healer you likely will fail @ bosses because the need tanking skills and hit harder - maybe even one hit a non tank.

So by chaning this mechanism to a random class group without nothing specific it's will be probably end i a total chaos because no one leads, no one feels do be responsible for anything. It's like a pickup group where dps is pull much too fast or the healer is making damage and others die because of casrelessness.

Teamwork is a good response to that, but in a random world "teamwork" is somehow overrated. Nowadays people wanna fast pace dungeons for loot and are more ore less often very egocentric. (like dpsing is cooler than healing or supporting)

Options ?
    I've Recently tried Global Agenda and there is no /true/ healing and tanking classes, and it manages to pull of the dungeoning fairly well, with self heals ( which guild wars 2 has) and the ability to avoid many attacks ( same as guild wars 2) so in a sense you don't really need a tank ro healer because you don't "tank" and "heal" like traditional MMO's.
    Asdfgh

Quote Originally Posted by AClass View Post

Options ?
    The post above used Global Agenda as a perfect example. There's another thing though: this won't be WoW. That means it won't have the same community, and this is basically a question of community. I'm not saying the community will be better, but I do think the GW community was better than WoW's. Another thing to consider is the difficulty of the dungeons, like the explore mode. The dungeons are extremely hard in explore mode and they will FORCE you to work together.

Also, the "dpsing is cooler than healing or supporting" is just invalid. There are TONS of people who just enjoy healing and/or support, it's just a matter of playstyle preferences. So I doubt that will be a problem.