Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So un pinning gw2 from my task bar caused the game to delete itself so now I have to install it again.

god damn it
    That's...not possible. Seriously. Just search for GW2.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    That's...not possible. Seriously. Just search for GW2.exe
    I did, it was gone.

13% complete now

/sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 now permanently £34.99, wise move seeing as the game is dying derp. I jest, though it is wise to drop the proce now that the initial hubbub has died down, anyone on the fence might be that little bit more tempted.

the game is dead, time to stick a fork in it

well that seems to be the general sentiment on Massively anyway

Deleted
    PvP wise I`d agree with them, think they left it too late for the spectating & tournies etc.
    WvWs, well, if you like zergs you`re fine, but other then that..
    PvE I wouldn`t know, never do any

I like WvW, well for the most part. I'm not a fan of the travel times in there.
    sPvP, never tried it but it seems to be growing in popularity since the latest changes. I think it can still grow and be popular, at least for an mmorpg (it will never approach the popular pvp games such as LoL or Starcraft).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    PvP wise I`d agree with them, think they left it too late for the spectating & tournies etc.
    WvWs, well, if you like zergs you`re fine, but other then that..
    PvE I wouldn`t know, never do any
    PvP wise i disagree. GW2 is still the ONLY MMO out and in the foreseeable future with a shot at a great competitive scene. yes it is slow to start, but there great potential is features start to get released at a faster pace and with fewer bugs and with increased support from ANet. also there are no other MMOs that have done it quickly (if at all), in fact even one-dimensional competitive games (MOBAs) take time or vast amounts of money to kick-start their competitive scenes.
    WvW is what you make it, i roll exclusively solo/duo or in a small team of no more than 5 and smash people left and right. if you want to zerg then you will roll with the zerg, if you don't want to zerg then don't. people act as though they have no recourse when they are facing a zerg but you are just limited by a combination of your experience, skill, determination, teamwork and awareness to make the most of a bad situation. you have not WvW, imo, until you have broken a zerg of 20+ with 5 people.
    PvE wise i would say that the tech is there for adding more content ala increase event scaling to make encounters not so faceroll and allow a world-event to scale up to the max number of players each map can hold but not just increase the boss HP but also trigger new phases and abilities that players have to react to. they can also add temporary content to fractals (as Colin eluded to as a possibility) and also continue to revamp encounters and dungeons to make them more engaging and challenging and then offering fair rewards for the effort put in to beat them. another change that would be great is the removal of all the glitch spots in dungeons which make them content that is not "done" but rather a passage of time to get a desired reward at the end.

NCSoft, i believe, is a reason why some things are a long time coming, they cater to an established, tried and tested Asian market for revenue without realizing that fewer NA players could outspend Koreans, but ONLY if you offer them desired items. a good example would be things like weapon skins, the mining picks and armor from the gem store, but they need to kick RNG from boxes to the curb because culturally NA/EU players detest gambling more than Asians do and even though in the short term you make more money because people buy keys and what-not, those sales rapidly fall off as players not getting anything to show for their money makes them feel used and they can resent the entire game as a result. i hoped that NCSoft learned that lesson with the depressing unrealized potential they had with Aion, but time will tell. NCSoft really needs to loosen the purse strings a little so ArenaNet can offer attractive salaries to hire more people as they are STILL understaffed.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Actually Firefall looks like it will have esport potential in the future. It's already rather robust w/ many facilitating features out of box.

And there is the quasi-MMO Bungie is making called Destiny or whatever. Bungie actually broke esports in the West with Halo. MLG exists in part because of it.

Soo i'm popping in here to ask you all a question. What race/profession should i level next? I Already have a lvl 80 Asura Ranger, lvl 80 Norn Engi, and a lvl 51 charr ele. I feel liek lvling something new but can't decide what. Toss me some ideas!
    Yep

Level a Human Guardian or Warrior. I think the Human personal stories are the better ones, the Human starting zones are the busiest and Guardian plays a lot differently than the classes you currently have.

Well, just using the process of elimination racially you're down to human and sylvari. Personally I favor Sylvari. I actually hated most of the human story except being a noble was fun. Class-wise you've got warrior, guardian, mesmer, necro, and thief (my only inexperienced class). Of those, I'd have to say warrior (no matter what you do you're OP) and mesmer were my favorites. However, I should note early mesmer is just god awful so that's something to keep in mind, but post 40-ish they become quite good.

So, my suggestion would be some combination of sylvari/human, mesmer/warrior.

Just look up the t3 armors and decide, I personally hate t3 heavy sylvari and love the light version so that's a great mesmer choice human heavy is one of the best armor designs in game as well imo.

Soo it's between human warrior and Sylvari Mesmer. I may make both since i have the slots for them. then my problem becomes which to play first lol
    Yep

Deleted
    Warning if you make a female human anything....
    Never do /laugh

It is bloody ear piercingly awful, to the point when I first did with my human mesmer at level 20ish, it got deleted lol

10+ Year Old Account
    one human thief /laugh about to be created.

also when are we going to get a god damn calendar in game, retarded we dont have one.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-22 at 09:20 AM.

Curious if anyone's seen Dontain's video about GW2's gem store? If so, what did you think about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Curious if anyone's seen Dontain's video about GW2's gem store? If so, what did you think about it?
    Thats how all publishers work, you think all the money blizzard rakes from WoW goes into WoW development? Heck I bet a nig portion of that money goes into other projects that have nothing to do with blizzard.

But I agree with him that gw2 needs some meaningful content, would like to see an expansion in the next 6 months, because right now its getting a bit stale for me (been playing since beta).

I don't really get the fuss. It's common business practice and happens everywhere else. If I contract you to build a house for me and I let it out the money I get from that is at my disposal even though you built it. So whether or not you get to build a new house depends on if I want you to.

I agree it's somewhat skewed and that's why I prefer devs to be publisher as well.

I don't understand the nature of Dontain's dismay.

Well, I do actually. It's fandom. Which is lowly.

Otherwise, it is [logically speaking] foolish. Arena.net are a subsidiary of NcSoft. Many publishers work in this manner. A publisher is out to make money. Your enjoyment of one particular title is some what ancillary.

Edit: LOL, and his World of Warcraft rant is totally disgusting. This is unworthy of respect. For shame.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-05-22 at 02:38 PM.

Is that video worth watching at all? Or is it just a whiny rant?