I despise the downed state, it's so utterly pointless and annoying. Unless you are in a group that communicates effectively you're basically dead meat as soon as you get downed. I'd much rather ANet made us more durable and gave us better/more tools to manage our health and removed the downed state.
    Also who came up with the idea of the Warrior #3 downed ability? Like, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always hate #3 on my warrior. Pops you back up for about 15 seconds, then you die. Sometimes I've had it go away when I kill the mob I died to, other times it doesn't go away and I sit there for 10 seconds like "well, gonna die, fuck my life"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I always hate #3 on my warrior. Pops you back up for about 15 seconds, then you die. Sometimes I've had it go away when I kill the mob I died to, other times it doesn't go away and I sit there for 10 seconds like "well, gonna die, fuck my life"
    Like elementalist mist form, I like it as a good "well, I'm gonna die and not coming back to this area, let me loot stuff real quick" ability.

I don't mind it in PvE, though they do need a suicide option when you know it's not getting better, but in PvP it lasts too long IMO. I'd rather they had more escape options and less damage options all around though. (If you're down and can escape the immediate area and have the time to heal, it sort of makes sense to me, during group content or whatnot.)

Does anyone know where the 10 day story comes from with the ascended weapons? I have been doing the daily processing of the 3 glob items but when I look at the recipe for the longbow, I just don't see where the 10 days comes in, only 5 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Also who came up with the idea of the Warrior #3 downed ability? Like, seriously.
    It's definately a cool ability. Whoever downs me gets my axe smashed in his face one more time before I'm gone.
    Sometimes you loose, sometimes you win, I try to take down as many enemies as I can finish off in that short time.

On the other side I hate hitting 3 accidentaly, when throwing that dirt / hammer would have eliminated the final 2% mob health.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

I don't mind the downed state but I do think they should add in a suicide button for those times in which you have no chance of getting back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't mind the downed state but I do think they should add in a suicide button for those times in which you have no chance of getting back up.
    Agreed. Option 0: fall over and die.

Always fun when you have 2 mobs, you kill one, and like .01 seconds later the other one that's at like 90% HP knocks you down. then you slowly bleed out after like 45 seconds

As a warrior, I pop my #3 option and butcher it... only to have the debuff not go away, so I sit there for like 5 seconds like "well, fuck me"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Downed state bleurgh, no thanks, I really don't like it, mainly because I'm in it too often because of a) no skill b) cant see for the zerg.

I feel much better at my class now than I did at level 30. There's certain elements you won't understand early on. You can translate PvP play over into PvE to make yourself better. Granted, a small percentage of PvE will challenge you, but it's worth knowing imo. Also, the general mobs are more a challenge than the bosses. They're working towards fixing this, but I think people are used to lawmowing mobs and thinking on bosses. It's mostly the inverse in GW2.

Also, I say this in regards to being a Mesmer. My Guardian is ez mode in comparison.

Has anyone else received multiple birthday gifts on their characters, or is it just me?Seriously, I've got 10-15 Jennahs, and enough boosts to last me until the end of the month.

Curious, does anyone use those specialized bags like oiled, craftsman's, etc.? Obviously at least one invisible bag is good to have, but what about the others? I can't say I've found much use for them really. Wondering if I'm missing something and there's a super secret way they're better than regular bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Curious, does anyone use those specialized bags like oiled, craftsman's, etc.? Obviously at least one invisible bag is good to have, but what about the others? I can't say I've found much use for them really. Wondering if I'm missing something and there's a super secret way they're better than regular bags?
    I've used the gear bag in an attempt to sort stuff for salvaging, and I tried a craftsman bag before, none of them were really helpful at all.

Counter question though: How many people show their bags vs the master/merged view? It just looked wrong to me unless they're individual bags.

I have mine displayed as one giant inventory. I didn't see the need to have separators. It used to cause minor problems with invisible bags until I upgraded to 20-slots, now I just know the last 2 rows are invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I've used the gear bag in an attempt to sort stuff for salvaging, and I tried a craftsman bag before, none of them were really helpful at all.

Counter question though: How many people show their bags vs the master/merged view? It just looked wrong to me unless they're individual bags.
    I use the merged mode too, don't see a point in separating them, plus the uneven bag sizes early on made it look annoying. Especially if you're trying to separate items based on use etc. Merged view helps a ton there, just ignore that they're spread across a couple bags
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I use the normal mode bags so I can "hide"m when there's stuff in there I don't want to salvage but also don't want to be invisible.

The first thing I did when opening my inventory was enable merged mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The first thing I did when opening my inventory was enable merged mode.
    what I don't like about merged mode: all slots have the same color. Even slots from invisible bags or crafting bags...

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    what I don't like about merged mode: all slots have the same color. Even slots from invisible bags or crafting bags...
    True, but if you have the same bags in the same spots, and the UI sized the same, for an extended period of time, you get used to the positions of all slots for the special bags Plus, if you need to know what a slot is (maybe to put something into an invisible bag or something), if you haven't learned the bounds of that bag, you can always just turn on bag mode momentarily.

That said, having some distinguishing feature for the bag slots (or, allowing us to select a bag and highlight the slots associated with it) would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Have to say, the addition of ascended weapons and the grind associated with it all has really diminished my desire to play the game.

I hope the next few updates add something to the game invigorate me again otherwise I might just take an extended break.

Deleted
    I`m with you on the whole arsended mess.
    Doing only WvWs it`ll be at least another two months until I can make ym second dagger & even my first is a few days away.
    Yet on the forums, pvers are complaining about the stack size of the new mats, saying they`re taking up too much bag space.

Sheesh, be nice if idiotnet had given us WvWers the loot we were promised.