10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So... it'd be safe to say this is at least 6 months out then if developed (since proposals usually need to be accepted), correct?
    I don't think it's safe to assume anything. They've stated in a couple places that the initiative has already started to influence development, but Chris specifically stated, "However there will be no promise of associated actions or schedule."
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Yes Lane, this is just something to give people hope so they stay longer.
    While I agree on some level, at the same time... anyone can feel free to just come back if the game goes the way they want, not like you lose anything in the meantime. I mean, if you left today, and came back in 6 months, your characters would still be the same and just as powerful and stuff!

As I said before, it's on them (Anet) to get folks to stay, and convince them to buy gems. You lose nothing by taking a break, really.

(Excepting of course ocd related anxiety.

Deleted
    You do lose out though.
    Courtesy of time gated materials for crafting (or making gold with what little you`re allowed to stick on the AH) your top end gear & mining crystal thingies in home instance if you managed to get that too, especially if you need gear that requires those. Forgotten its damn name lol
    I assume folk playing still aren`t fully arsended geared yet?

I`m guessing mobs/events will get tougher as time passes to make up for the newer gear. As it is, camps in WvWs can already be soloed at one pull in exotics.
    Imagine coming back & finding everyone else in higher gear in WvWs. In the words of Scooby: Ruh roh! ;p

It's not for the player directly, it's just to make sure the game doesn't feel/look empty.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I don't go back to 'old' MMOs though. Quitting GW2 would more than likely be permanent. Despite my criticisms, I did enjoy much of the game and I was hoping they'd give me a reason to stay, but they're not. In fact, them doing more LS until March, then taking a break, then doing a "features" patch, is basically saying, "Have fun playing ESO/Wildstar/whatever." :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

you've never gone back to a previous mmo?

I revisit them all of the time, especially the ones that had a rough launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    You do lose out though.
    Courtesy of time gated materials for crafting (or making gold with what little you`re allowed to stick on the AH) your top end gear & mining crystal thingies in home instance if you managed to get that too, especially if you need gear that requires those. Forgotten its damn name lol
    Sure, you lose out on resources and stuff, but if you don't need gold anyway, why collect more gold?

I assume folk playing still aren`t fully arsended geared yet?
    Mel has! Though I guess he could continue working on alts towards gearing them all out, that's an objective of his own if so chosen. You don't need ascended for anything, so it's certainly not required if/when future content appears that is appealing to you.

Not really. Like I said, I don't like playing multiple MMOs. Once I've moved on from one to another, that's it. There's a small chance I might log in and putter around for 15 minutes, but I will never actually play it again, at least it hasn't happened yet over the past 4 years.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

interesting

I almost always play multiple mmos at a time. Actually this is the first time in which I'm only playing one mmo (other than some beta tests). I think I've grown tired of mmo's in general. It used to be I got excited playing a beta of a new mmo but not these last few, I probably won't even buy those games when they come out.

I have a full set of armor/weapons but am missing one earring (FU 40 laurels).
    Everyone in my team has full ascended armor, one of'm has 4sets and another has 2.

I'm not really sure what toon I'll get armor on next though since my fractal toon only plays fractals (and arah) and my ele is only used occasionally.

I could get a set for my war but it's play isn't as enticing as ranger so meh.

I'm not really looking forward to any MMO's either and while I still have fun in GW2 it's not nearly as thrilling as GW.
    I played TESO and while the quests are OK and feel skyrimish, the rest of the world just isn't quite right. (It's optimised a lot better than GW2 though). I don't like the crafting system and nothing was "hard" my only deaths were from falling through the ground.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2014-01-14 at 11:24 PM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I'm not really looking forward to any MMO's either and while I still have fun in GW2 it's not nearly as thrilling as GW.
    I played TESO and while the quests are OK and feel skyrimish, the rest of the world just isn't quite right. (It's optimised a lot better than GW2 though). I don't like the crafting system and nothing was "hard" my only deaths were from falling through the ground.
    For me, TESO was just incredibly bland, both in color scheme and gamplay, but I didn't get far so it may change later on. Wildstar just didn't do it or me either.

GW2 may not be as "new & great" as before, but it keeps me amused without feeling like work, so I'll stick around a bit.

I quite like the desolate look and feel of TES, I'm reading up on wildstar but so far it doesn't seem that great.

Well, without going into NDA-breaking detail of non-specific betas, I keep trying to sprint in GW2. Constantly. "The key, it does nothing!" That's just one minor example.

I'm not really looking forward to any MMO's either
    No interest in Wildstar?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    For me, TESO was just incredibly bland, both in color scheme and gamplay, but I didn't get far so it may change later on.
    I thought ESO was gorgeous, easily the best looking MMO I've seen since FFXIV. Maybe you picked the wrong faction (or whatever they're called) to start?

GW2 may not be as "new & great" as before, but it keeps me amused without feeling like work, so I'll stick around a bit.
    Yeah, I don't feel that way at all. I'm not amused, quite bored actually, and every LS update feels like an achievement point grind. Add to that zero news about anything like map expansions, new classes, etc. It's looking like it's time to move on to something new.

ESO was nice looking for an mmo, nothing like Skyrim in quality but it does look like it a bit. My biggest issue with ESO was not how it looks though but can't really discuss it due to NDA.

Wildstar is just very much the same as a lot of traditional mmos and I'm certainly not looking for that. The combat and housing are pretty nice but that's probably the only things I kind of like about it. Certainly not enough for me to buy and sub to though.

I thought ESO was gorgeous, easily the best looking MMO I've seen since FFXIV. Maybe you picked the wrong faction (or whatever they're called) to start?
    Played a bit ago, not a lot of options to pick that I recall. Probably not worth going offthread though. Everyone's opinions will vary in what they like, obviously.

Yeah, I don't feel that way at all. I'm not amused, quite bored actually, and every LS update feels like an achievement point grind. Add to that zero news about anything like map expansions, new classes, etc. It's looking like it's time to move on to something new.
    I rarely feel any pressure to actually do the achievements though, sometimes I'll do things for the item, but even then it's not something that I worry about.

I don't like tech based RPGS to begin with, I also don't like the art style so without knowing anything about gameplay that's 0/2.

I've been looking at the classes now and again it's not that appealing.
    Only one class is a non "hybrid", this is important to me since my experience with being a hybrid is that you always get pushed into doing shit you don't like. Wanna DPS? Hey man can you tank this one time since crappyinternetguyXXX is dcing again! or Heal w/e (and the other way around. Wanna heal? Hey we really need the buffs from your dps form so please respec to that!

The only classes that interest me are stalker and pesper (har har). So that's just stalker if I'm honest and 1/6 is really not compelling.
    When I got GW I liked everything (aside from nec) when I got WoW I liked lock, druid, shaman, war and in GW2 it was everything but nec, mes and engineer.

The "signature weapon" stuff is also kinda meh, everyone gets 1weapontype great...

From what I hear the PvP is also more akin to BG than arena and I heavily prefer arena.

Raids are boring since the only limiter is felix no fingers who can't seem to over play right and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like their clips though, they're funny and childish exactly what a game needs

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    can't really discuss it due to NDA.
    Certainly not enough for me to buy and sub to though.
    After TOR, I really am not feeling the subscription model unless there's going to be consistent quality updates. But, more digressing.

To tie back to GW2, I'm not saying the updates are the best, by any means, but they cost only time and are overall good enough for me. If I was paying a subscription I'd expect more and I don't see any of the content as worth it so far in other stuff. (We'll see how the new entries compete of course, I'm not wishing them ill!)

wildstars promotional clips are amazing, I agree. ANet could learn a thing or two from them in that department.

So... it'd be safe to say this is at least 6 months out then if developed (since proposals usually need to be accepted), correct?
    Some of the things mentioned and discussed could easily be under work already. ANet has a lot of projects going at once. (One of their strengths and faults.) I have heard that some of the features or ideas discussed in that CDI post are already scheduled to be put out sooner than six months down the road.

Deleted
    I know a few that played TESO beta & said they`re 1-2 shotting most things. Doesn`t seem challenging, but perhaps it`s the usual trade show tricks.
    This is the only decent footage I`ve seen of it so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7TLKhGZx9Q

tbh I`ve no interest in TESO. PvP wise the three factions fighting zone sounds okayish, but I imagine that bow would be an almost complete waste of time in pvp terms.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbay1wCRyeo

As for Wild Star, the main thing that worries me is all of the telegraphs marked huuuuuge, which seems like it`ll dumb down PvP too far. Another time`ll tell, although Bogotter on youtube said (against PvE things) that it can still be a good fight.

But, for me, after what happened to gw2 over time, I`ll be waiting until quite some time after both release to see how things go re:balance, combat etc in the PvP side of things.