Talking about dungeons. Is is possible to play dungeons on a non-longsword ranger? Talking about other players mentality mostly. Because reading official forums I got impression that it's either longsword or GTFO, but I prefer greatsword and longbow.

I recently bought the game, tried all classes a little, and choosing a main to level and play now.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

You might be tolerated with gs, but bows most definatly not. That is ofc assuming that you even get it which I doubt.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I recommend you get a good friendly guild that realizes you can complete the content with about any group and that the dungeon taking a minute or two longer isn't the end of the world.

If you only run dungeons casually sure, w/e. If you run ac, se, cof, coe, ta that's half an hour extra if you're only 2m slower than a semi optimized group that is.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    You could do what I & others used to do.
    Stick a bank alt at the top of the JP near the asura gate in southsun (or any other JP, but that one`s easiest), then just log it each day for easy JP completion.
    Yeah that JP is extremely fast, I usually just WP there and get it done for an easy chest. But yea... not sure you got where I was coming from because nothing is resetting so that's pointless xD

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Some of those dungeon videos from launch are freakin' hilarious! The way they would keep dying and running back from spawn until they were naked from broken gear all the while going What in the F ???!!!

Hahaha, I'll have to dig one up - so funny now that people actually know what to do and dungeons go so smoothly.
    I used to run people through the TA bee path to see if they had what it took to be in my guild. Needless to say a lot of people rage quit because they couldn't see the clear pattern of the fountains. I don't know why the removed it I honestly didn't think it was that hard. But yea when we first got into dungeons other then Arah I know shocker( but you could jump over walls to the last boss), CoF P2 you could do in 4 minutes before it was fixed, it was just a nightmare of broken armor and raging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteResistance View Post
    Talking about dungeons. Is is possible to play dungeons on a non-longsword ranger? Talking about other players mentality mostly. Because reading official forums I got impression that it's either longsword or GTFO, but I prefer greatsword and longbow.

I recently bought the game, tried all classes a little, and choosing a main to level and play now.

GS is acceptable and the autoattack evade is useful but longbow is not really acceptable in dungeons. This game is all about stacking. Melee weapons are of course going to do the most damage and if you are not in range of all the buffs and combo fields for might stacking and such you are pretty much considered useless and will get kicked. I guess you could point blank longbow lol but then what's the point of it, right? Not only that, but you'd be doing less damage.

This game is just not designed for it. Range is for when you gotta gtfo or vs gimmick bosses where melee is impossibru, melee is where you should be 90% of the time.

Having said that, I would enter dungeons using whatever the fuck you want. Eventually you'll find a party that just doesn't give a shit.

I dungeon all the time on my full clerics support thief

just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    CoF P2 you could do in 4 minutes before it was fixed, it was just a nightmare of broken armor and raging.
    Not at all, it was very easy to just kill the mobs my brother and I regularly 2manned that (ranger/guard) most ppl just are hell bent on doing it the "easy" way.
    Lots of people said "wow didn't know that was possible, it was easy".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Again, this is just what my friend was saying, but it's just kicker+1 voter to boot you, so you'd need nearly a full party to avoid a kick. She did say if you open the instance, then form a group, if they kick you the instance will close so they'll at least gain nothing from it, but not sure. I'd think folks wouldn't join you in that case since they'd figure you're looking to boot them to sell the run later!

I guess if you grabbed a couple friends, formed the instance and just invited a couple others rather than forming a group around your solo self, it would work, but that sort of hinders the concept of a LFG system.

(And of course, it just shows that people will abuse every system in some way!)
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the LFG system itself is fine, it's just the people abusing it. Which pisses me off, because I have to make sure I've got control over the party just to avoid any trouble.

And yeah, if you kick the person that has started the dungeon, everyone will be kicked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Some of those dungeon videos from launch are freakin' hilarious! The way they would keep dying and running back from spawn until they were naked from broken gear all the while going What in the F ???!!!

Hahaha, I'll have to dig one up - so funny now that people actually know what to do and dungeons go so smoothly.
    I enjoyed that period tho. It was actually fun because it was a frikkin' challenge to pass the first bits.
    And it felt GOOD when you finally killed that boss =D We would cheer and be like 'fuck yeah we did it!'

Did they ever say anything else about the Blade Shard vendor?

They are still waiting for you to buy extra bag and bank slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Did they ever say anything else about the Blade Shard vendor?
    I've heard some speculation that it will come with the next visit from the Zephyrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They are still waiting for you to buy extra bag and bank slots.
    Good idea! I picked up another character slot today. 68g - it was a steal with the way gold to gem price has dropped since the patch and since I've made at least 150g since the patch dropped, why not?
    Valar morghulis

I need to buy a new slot to collect all of the class starter skins. Fresh outta gems and gold though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I need to buy a new slot to collect all of the class starter skins. Fresh outta gems and gold though.
    How many special starter skins are there by the way? Got 1 of 3 Necro's masks, the Engineer's backpack and Guardian's shoulders.
    Can't think of so many more atm.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    How many special starter skins are there by the way? Got 1 of 3 Necro's masks, the Engineer's backpack and Guardian's shoulders.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Starting_equipment

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Around 17 or so I believe?

They really need to redo the tasks and pacing of the new trait system before they put the game on sale again. The new player experience is not so nice with the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    guess i know what ill be doing the next hour orso

Looks like more servers have been megaservered after today's patch. At least Sparkfly, Frostgorge and Bloodtide have been. Not in the patch notes though. I'm guessing that everything pretty much is megaservered now.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-04-22 at 03:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Looks like more servers have been megaservered after today's patch. At least Sparkfly, Frostgorge and Bloodtide have been. Not in the patch notes though. I'm guessing that everything pretty much is megaservered now.
    Good. I'm curious how Tequatl will be with the megaserver now though.