The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    But I do really need them to stop putting things in their gemstore that I want
    Umm...yeah. I used to think they had the saddest cash shop, but now I'm like...hrm...I could get this, I could improve this, I want this costume and special Viking lady hair. Here's $20.00 Anet. You jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    On a related note... the color swatches... BEST THING EVER. It's really awesome to scroll through and see all the reds and see what you already have/what the new things look like.
    Wha? I need this explained because it sounds like something I'm in dire need of. I must have all the colors. How do you access these colors and can you preview them on your gear?
    BAD WOLF

The only thing I've bought from the gem store in the past year has been the Celestial outfit. I quite like that outfit. None of the armors looked good to me.

Only thing I bought was a witch's outfit which I got a refund for. I have the gems just sitting there watching the price for them for gold rise every day
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The only thing I've bought from the gem store in the past year has been the Celestial outfit. I quite like that outfit. None of the armors looked good to me.
    I just got the Strider's Medium Armor and have it dyed with the rare black/blue color dye...it's pretty rad. I got very tired of not looking rangery enough and always having trench coats. That's not mobile. I needed some actual pants. On the plus side, the fishnetting decreases my wind resistance and I've noticed my run speed has increased >.> Ok...maybe it just looks really cool like I'm a Norse Princess rock star.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Wha? I need this explained because it sounds like something I'm in dire need of. I must have all the colors. How do you access these colors and can you preview them on your gear?
    Right now there is a Red Color Swatch on the gemstore. After you buy it and click on it it'll show you all the reds in the game (except the special ones like the Fire/Frost ones). If you scroll over it'll say if you have a color already, and if you right click you get the option to preview. In the preview window you can change where the dye is by dragging it to a different box (so like the primary color on armor, secondary, etc). Once you find which one you like you just select it and you get the dye (you only actually attain one dye from each swatch but you get to pick which one it is).

Incidentally you can also preview dyes from the trading post in the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh...I thought it was a feature I was missing out on to preview all colors. I think my wallet is safe from that endeavor. I can't speak for the frost wasp lumber tool though since I already foolishly missed out on the previous permanent tools. I'm not sure why wasps want to chop down frozen trees for me, but I'm not going to argue.
    BAD WOLF

my favorite permanent gathering tool is the jack in the box scythe, I love that one

Indeed. Season 1 was problematic for me because when I did try and experience content I felt rushed and pressured to not stop playing GW2 ever otherwise I was abandoning content. It made the world feel dynamic at the expense of making me alienated from it. I think their solution for S2 is elegant and helps me enjoy it that much more. It's actually had the inverse effect...I logged on to unlock the content, then wound up playing it. Now I can't stop playing the game. I've even been neglecting my Steam games to play GW2 for all of my limited free hours. Those clever devs.
    yeah I've been playing more recently too. noticed I haven't touched my steam games recently, but probably will today.
    The game works out well for me which is nice.

I think I spent some gems on bag and bank tab expansions last year.
    Think I may get that 3rd crafting boost later for my ranger.
    A lot of stuff like the skins finishers and temp. boosters I don't need or wants, but upgrades are nice.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    yeah I've been playing more recently too. noticed I haven't touched my steam games recently, but probably will today.
    The game works out well for me which is nice.
    Yeah it's easy for me to jump on after work, feel like I've accomplished something (a large part of which is simply having fun) and then the weekends I can play my Steam Games and spend more time working on things like map completion. Other MMOs during the week I'll log on, go do dailies I don't want to do, grind levels on an alt that I've already done a million times, and generally log off feeling like I did nothing. Glad this S2 change happened to get me playing again...it's been very enjoyable and relaxing. (except jump puzzles which turn me into a drunken pirate with rage issues)
    BAD WOLF

Hi, returning player here, haven't logged in since early October - and I have a few questions:

I noticed some changes regarding Transmutation: I seem to "unlock" certain pieces by equiping them and sometimes by salvaging them, but the latter not always ?

I noticed that the trainers now offer Traits ? Are those traits that I can only obtain there or can I still get them the "oldfashioned" way ?

I also ran into some "toxic" guys while leveling, are those part of the Living Story ? They seem to hang out in groups, around a big toxic plant that basically works like a catapult and there are a bunch of veterans and elites haning aroung. There also was an event where you needed to blow one of them up with bombs.

I also noticed that there seem to be much less elites running around, have those been "toned down" to just be veterans ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I noticed some changes regarding Transmutation: I seem to "unlock" certain pieces by equiping them and sometimes by salvaging them, but the latter not always
    I believe many items share the same appearance, but are only listed as one item in your wardrobe space. Once you've unlocked that specific appearance you cannot unlock it again regardless of your method. Everything I've ever broken down that I didn't have was appropriately unlocked. I just started playing about 5 days ago after a few months break, so I may be totally wrong.
    BAD WOLF

I noticed some changes regarding Transmutation: I seem to "unlock" certain pieces by equiping them and sometimes by salvaging them, but the latter not always ?
    You now unlock skins account wide so you can continue to reuse the skin how many times you like (as long as you have transmutation charges)

I noticed that the trainers now offer Traits ? Are those traits that I can only obtain there or can I still get them the "oldfashioned" way ?
    You now unlock traits via objectives in the world (like killing a certain boss) or by buying them. This is for newly created characters though not old ones.

I also ran into some "toxic" guys while leveling, are those part of the Living Story ? They seem to hang out in groups, around a big toxic plant that basically works like a catapult and there are a bunch of veterans and elites haning aroung. There also was an event where you needed to blow one of them up with bombs.
    Yes a new foe has appeared during S1 the toxic alliance, if you go into kessix hills you will see the changes to the world.

I also noticed that there seem to be much less elites running around, have those been "toned down" to just be veterans ?
    It goes veterans - elites - champions. Elites being the "boss" of an event with only a handful of players being around or champion for a large group.

Curious, how is the elementalist now? haven't played them since last year sometime. They were a pain to level and I always died.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Curious, how is the elementalist now? haven't played them since last year sometime. They were a pain to level and I always died.
    I think it is in a good place. Don't quote me though I haven't played one in awhile. From last I understood Staff countered conditions, d/d was very mobile and scepter has high burst.

My best geared character is an staff elementalist, she wrecks stuff.

So I'd say that they are in a good place.

I believe many items share the same appearance, but are only listed as one item in your wardrobe space. Once you've unlocked that specific appearance you cannot unlock it again regardless of your method. Everything I've ever broken down that I didn't have was appropriately unlocked. I just started playing about 5 days ago after a few months break, so I may be totally wrong.
    Soulbinding and salvaging unlock the transmutes. I know there was a bug with one skin not unlocking at one time that was fixed, not sure about any others. All items now say what skin they are, and if the skin name is greyed out, you haven't unlocked it.

Also, you can unlock all the profession-specific skins(like the Necromancer and Elementalist headpieces)by rolling a new alt that chooses those skins for their origin story then tossing them. They don't count for the Fashion Collector title, but they're nice to have(I enjoy having my Charr Ranger sport the Thief Intimidation Headband, for instance, and my Sylvari Mesmer with the Air Element headpiece).

And if you haven't gone to Heart of the Mists since they added the Wardrobe, be sure and do so, in case you had some skins in your old PvP Locker to enable still.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    They nerfed a few of the Champs to Vets in the lower level zones.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They nerfed a few of the Champs to Vets in the lower level zones.
    Ah yes, meant Champions, of course, it's been a while.

So was getting pretty sick of SPvP and decided to do one more just to hit rank 39 and got a milestone PvP chest.

I open it up and it gives me The legend.

IT GAVE ME A MOTHER FUCKING PRECURSOR

I am happy

damned, grats man!!!