Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Yeah pvp is a really good way to get them. I pretty much only pvp and I have tons of them lol.
    Looks like I know what to do when I'm bored =) I don't want to buy them, but I only have 4 which is horror for someone like me. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Does anyone here play a lvl80 Engineer regularly?

I really like the 'style' of the profession, but it seems like it's the ugly child of GW2. Even on the official forums there's barely any stickies or discussion going on.
    Do engineers even have a meta build for dungeons? Like, what's the most common/useful build for PvE dungeons/solo?

I feel kinda spoiled since my main is an Ele, basically everything else feels underwhelming next to it :/
    I don't enjoy engi so far because any auto attack is pretty horrible, so you have to press buttons constantly. Which is ok once in a while but not for a very long tim
    It's too bad because I do think they're quite alright.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Haller View Post
    Hey if I come back to this game can I replay any of those unique events that were introduced over the years?
    Not really. If you had logged on for each episode of Season 2 then yes, you could do that. Going forward all story updates are replayable and require logging during the event to unlock them.
    BAD WOLF

Wished I had known this sooner. Will keep an eye out for the events with a quick log in then. If I'm too busy with work or just life to be continue online.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not really. If you had logged on for each episode of Season 2 then yes, you could do that. Going forward all story updates are replayable and require logging during the event to unlock them.
    To clarify: if you logged in during each episode, you unlocked them. If you didn't, you can unlock them via gems.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draculja View Post
    Wished I had known this sooner. Will keep an eye out for the events with a quick log in then. If I'm too busy with work or just life to be continue online.
    Yeah make sure to just log to get them for free. The only alternative is to pay gems to unlock them which isn't really great, but at least there's options there.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah make sure to just log to get them for free. The only alternative is to pay gems to unlock them which isn't really great, but at least there's options there.
    The options to unlock an episode if you did not login during that chapter are:

• Pay $2.50 worth of gems
    • Use 26 gold to buy the gems <---today's exchange rate
    • Join on a someone who has it unlocked to play through for free.

If you join on a friend and do not unlock it yourself you do not get the rewards for that chapter. So far this season the unique rewards are related to creating the new ascended backpiece armor and pet/plant, Mawdrey and Mawdrey II. You also miss some of the cinematics (I know for sure you would not see yourself swimming through The Eternal Alchemy if you are not the owner of the instance).

All the open world stuff however including the new zone, all the new events and event rewards, learning the new recipes, creating the new Amberite weapons, etc. is free to anyone no matter when you login. The unlocks are for the instanced content only.

NOTE: Today before the patch launches should be the last time you can login and get Chapter 4 for free.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-09-09 at 03:58 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Warning: Be careful using any auxiliary fan websites utilizing the old API after the patch, I'm fully expecting some wonkiness from gw2spidy.com, gw2tp.com and gw2crafts.net in addition to any other sites set up with the old API.

However, some fabulous person on the wiki has added a widget to the wiki that links through the new API: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Widget:TP_prices

Now it's just a matter of getting it on the over 67,000+ items on the wiki that can be listed on the Trading Post

ps. it appears the API is already in the process of updating.
    pss. ingame message just relayed, servers going down in 1 hour for a 15 minute maintenance.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-09-09 at 06:06 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Definitely the worst case of dumbing down I have ever seen in an mmo. I don't even know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Definitely the worst case of dumbing down I have ever seen in an mmo. I don't even know what to say.
    Synopsis for the workers w/out access to YT? Is this random or GW2 related?
    BAD WOLF

Synopsis for the workers w/out access to YT? Is this random or GW2 related?
    The video shows an example of how things were simplified in an early Renown Heart in Queensdale. Instead of picking up feed and taking it to a cow, you just interact with the cow to entertain it. Instead of picking up a water bucket and using a bundle skill on the crops, you just interact with the crops and they grow.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The video shows an example of how things were simplified in an early Renown Heart in Queensdale. Instead of picking up feed and taking it to a cow, you just interact with the cow to entertain it. Instead of picking up a water bucket and using a bundle skill on the crops, you just interact with the crops and they grow.
    What? That just doesn't even make sense I mean like serious,anyone ever try to entertain a cow? It's pretty pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    :-/ well...I can't say it was needed or that I understand it, but eh? As long as the entire game doesn't change into that level of simplicity I don't think it's too horrible for the starting zones to be like that. When they start putting out new content that requires us to click on cows and we're done then we have issues.
    BAD WOLF

Speaking as a relative newbie, that's not really a bad change. The early hearts can be frustrating with the vague hints and the other items scattered around that have nothing to do with the heart.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Speaking as a relative newbie, that's not really a bad change. The early hearts can be frustrating with the vague hints and the other items scattered around that have nothing to do with the heart.
    I am much more annoyed by the nonsense of it than anything else. I feel like they have moved from something logical (watering parched plants and feeding hungry cows) to something illogical (entertaining cows and interacting with plants).

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What? That just doesn't even make sense I mean like serious,anyone ever try to entertain a cow? It's pretty pointless.
    Wasn't there a heart or event in Diessa that had you telling cows jokes or something?

Either way, from patch notes, two great things:
    Selecting a salvage kit now highlights all salvageable items in the inventory.

Double-clicking a stackable item to deposit/withdraw from the bank will now attempt to merge it with existing stacks first and place any remainder in the first empty slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Wasn't there a heart or event in Diessa that had you telling cows jokes or something?
    Maybe? I remember having to rescue cows from thieves. And at the race track you had to dress-up as a cow to show the other cows how to do certain things (like how to gore something). I don't recall telling cows jokes, but it's totally possible I blocked it from my memory

Ohhh! YAY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    something illogical (entertaining cows
    Well...http://blog.petflow.com/they-pulled-...happened-next/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1552199.html
    BAD WOLF

Double-clicking a stackable item to deposit/withdraw from the bank will now attempt to merge it with existing stacks first and place any remainder in the first empty slot.
    You know, just for those 2 features they can call this a Feature Pack...and they neglected to mention either in the preview weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.