10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, that was the only thing that bothered me, but that wasn't Trahearne's fault, that was the Pale Tree giving your sapling character the middle finger (branch?). ;P

Sad but true.
    I really wanted like Monk. I didn't even play Monk in GW but for some reason I feel that I want it in GW2. I don't expect any new classes or anything though.

Oh well! Downloading the patch now, going to check out the new stuffs when I get back home!

Oh and as for the Treahearne sword business, yea that tottally makes more sense than him changing classes <3

I think a monk would be really cool too! Either that or we should go to Cantha and monks will teach other professions new abilities (like kung fu!).

If my thief could use fist weapons and do martial arts I would be so happy.

Arrgh, this latest released has totally stuffed up the economy. Just look at these examples:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/27614

and this

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/66670

Rares are so easy to come by now. I got 50 odd champ bags and about 25 bags of gear. It makes the watchwork farming look like a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I think a monk would be really cool too! Either that or we should go to Cantha and monks will teach other professions new abilities (like kung fu!).

If my thief could use fist weapons and do martial arts I would be so happy.
    Do what FF14 did and bring the prof trainer to you! No need to leave! FF14 a ninja came over seeking refuge and now they're teaching people how to be ninja's for repaying the fact they're keeping them there. Totally doable!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    Do what FF14 did and bring the prof trainer to you! No need to leave! FF14 a ninja came over seeking refuge and now they're teaching people how to be ninja's for repaying the fact they're keeping them there. Totally doable!
    That's what I'm saying! I think I remember them saying something about not creating a monk because guardians were so similar.

I think they could make the monks more similar to Diablo 3 monks and it word work really well.

doubt we would ever see a Monk profession

if there is an added profession, I'd imagine it would be a heavy armor class

expect new proffession in at least 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    if there is an added profession, I'd imagine it would be a heavy armor class
    Paragon, please!

why should they add new professions when they are able to create new archetypes by adding new weaponsets. I mean think about it: you don't have to level a new character to lv.80 again, you play your loved main-character in ways you haven't experienced before.
    * Ranger + staff --> Druid
    * Thief + staff --> Martial Artist
    * Necro + greatsword --> Deathknight
    * Elementalist + dual swords --> Battlemage

This is all I want to see personally, existing weapons expanded to other professions to create totally new playstyles. Then add new utilities/elite skills that go with that archetype even more... perfect.

They need to add javelins.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want scythes >: |

Nyah, whip/chain and polearm/halberd, wide range of skins and abilities. Sure a scythe skin for a polearm would work.

Though really, they haven't even said anything else about unlocking more of the current weapons for classes, so bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Though really, they haven't even said anything else about unlocking more of the current weapons for classes, so bleh.
    of course they have, numerous times. It's just a matter of time.

here an example:
    Colin: *laughs* A lot of that is being built at the moment and in the pipeline to help us understand the answer to that question. We need to be careful not to add too many, or else the game spirals out of control where we cant maintain a strong sense of balance. We did the math and there's a reasonable rate we can do where we can keep adding skills on a regular basis for the next ten years and we wouldn't come anywhere close to the skill combinations that Guild Wars 1 had. By the end that was almost impossible for us to balance. We can't go too crazy with it or we'll get to the point where we can't keep track of all the options. If we're regularly adding a skill to each profession and a trait to each profession, as well as a weapon they can't currently use and making those available for those professions or even new weapons entirely, all of those add into the mix of creating diverse gameplay while adding a lot of options to players. As for a new skill, I'm not going to throw any out yet as the skill team would kill me! But they will share stuff when they're close to getting that content out there.
    http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...-looking-ahead

and here at 6:25, they "absolutely" want to do this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7CcwnfUdU#t=409
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-11-10 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

here an example:

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...-looking-ahead
    It started 2years ago and they're still working on it aka don't get your hopes up.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I wish that the weapons in GW2 were more meaningful as loot. Skills being tied to weapons is fine, but they are so limited and exactly the same configuration every time it hardly matters what weapon you choose for the purposes of being a weapon. You are just picking a pre-set loadout. Which I find to be my one of my biggest turn-offs to the design of GW2.

The system of weapons as loot used in Path of Exile is one my favorites. As was Vagrant Story. Both games essentially made every weapon feel, look and mean something different as loot. By loot I mean as an object that is obtained in of itself.

I don't even loot in GW2 anymore. Haven't had the loot button bound in almost a year or something. There is just no point to anything you collect or loot in this game unless you want to wear skins or make money- money that you spend on just skins and traveling. It's all functionally nonsense busy work. There is no gameplay to wielding a Sword of Icy Death vs. Sword of Radiant Light.

Something I like the idea of is if the weaponry meant something more horizontal than vertical to your build or character. For example, staves in Path of Exile can be either magical or physical damage orientated. But all staves also have block chance as an inherent bonus regardless of being magical or physical damage orientated.

That simple differential of staves from other two-handed weapons or one-handed paired weapons creates possibilities not otherwise available in a limited linear system.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-11-10 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Something I like the idea of is if the weaponry meant something more horizontal than vertical to your build or character. For example, staves in Path of Exile can be either magical or physical damage orientated. But all staves also have block chance as an inherent bonus regardless of being magical or physical damage orientated.
    Well in a kind of way we have this with the different professions. A sword on a Warrior feels entirely different than a sword on a Mesmer. Any weapon feels unique depending on the profession you use.

I get that you talk about different characteristics when playing with one profession, in a way sigils have that effect. There are weapons with fire sigils which go well with burning builds etc. I agree though that the effect these sigils have is only meaningful mathematically mostly. I'd love to see something you suggested in GW2 without making a vertical progression out of it. Would be a hell to balance, I imagine.

Well in a kind of way we have this with the different professions. A sword on a Warrior feels entirely different than a sword on a Mesmer. Any weapon feels unique depending on the profession you use.
    It doesn't really. The only difference is the skills. The fact you are a using a sword, is irrelevant.

All the sword represents is a skill set for Warriors, Rangers, Guardians, Mesmers, etc.

Having a sword equipped as a piece of gear doesn't mean anything more than the skills it represents. The stats to a degree, but this too is normalized. It is possible for almost any piece of gear to have the same statistical relevance.

There is nothing that makes swinging a Sword meaning to being an actual Sword.

This is one of the many design flaws of GW2 and their poor development language; games mechanics are a metaphor. The metaphor is not consistent in GW2.

I know they said they were going to, but that was a long time ago, hence my "anything else". Both things you posted are over a year old. Even new skills, we've gotten what, a couple heals? (1 per class and the toxic one)

It would be great if weapons had special types of damage like Piercing/slashing/blunt.

A sword with slashing damage gives bleeds, while one with piercing is "pure" damage and blunt works as a defensive/support weapon.

Is that the type of thing you'd be interested in Fencers?

Or do you mean, hammers are blunt, swords are slashing, arrows are piercing?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It would be great if weapons had special types of damage like Piercing/slashing/blunt.
    That's part of my wish too, Vagrant Story did that actually. Hence why I mentioned it as a game that excelled at making gear matter as more than a stat stick. It meant something to use a sword vs. a polearm that was a factor of the item itself, not just the abilities you may use with a sword v. polearm.

Is that the type of thing you'd be interested in Fencers?
    Yes. A system that blended the Path of Exile dynamic by which items each had an implicit bonus to X combined with Vagrant Story's damage type variances would be crazily interesting in the context of GW2.