Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    How easy is it to get the tracks for PvP done? I suck at pvp but i'd gladly do it if they were fast enough to farm to insta 80 my Revenant.
    They are not really "fast" to farm. I say if you want to farm it would be the best way. You get a tome every time you rank up and 1 tome per sub section of a track.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are not really "fast" to farm. I say if you want to farm it would be the best way. You get a tome every time you rank up and 1 tome per sub section of a track.
    Bah. Wish there was a PvE way of getting it. Or at least WvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is mesmer leveling a pain in the ass? It's fun gameplaywise but the damage is so low, i can't remember one other class i played that had this issue.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Is it just me or is mesmer leveling a pain in the ass? It's fun gameplaywise but the damage is so low, i can't remember one other class i played that had this issue.
    Depends on what you've tried first. I tried an elementalist and it was more glass than cannon. Made a mesmer and it was the first one I got to 80. Like my warlock in WoW, the important thing to figure out is which spells you can use while running away.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I love the idea of the class, like how they look poofing around, get so angry when they pull shenanigans in PvP, but even still I agree that leveling them is terrible. I just deleted my level 30ish one b/c I couldn't do it. Decided to make a necro instead. I've deleted my last character slot more times than I can count and keep switching btw necro, thief, and mes. I just can't get any of those to click for me.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    My mesmer underwent the EoTM treatment after hitting lvl 30 in 1-15 and 15-25 zones I just couldnt bear killing things 1 by one cause if I pulled 2+ I was automatically killed, after hitting 80 and getting all my traits I'm perfectly happy with my mesmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    My mesmer underwent the EoTM treatment after hitting lvl 30 in 1-15 and 15-25 zones I just couldnt bear killing things 1 by one cause if I pulled 2+ I was automatically killed
    Did you try dodging?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I found Mesmer somewhat easy to level once I got a few traits going. I mostly played S/S and Scepter/iforgotwhatweapon. It was pretty chill. The Scepter was an easy way of getting a lot of illusion out quickly; which I used defensively/AOE-ish. Whereas I used S/S to wreck mobs 1v1 pretty safely.

Thief is the slowest/hardest class I have leveled so far. Though this might be due to my dislike of the Thief weapon skill sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I found Mesmer somewhat easy to level once I got a few traits going. I mostly played S/S and Scepter/iforgotwhatweapon. It was pretty chill. The Scepter was an easy way of getting a lot of illusion out quickly; which I used defensively/AOE-ish. Whereas I used S/S to wreck mobs 1v1 pretty safely.

Thief is the slowest/hardest class I have leveled so far. Though this might be due to my dislike of the Thief weapon skill sets.
    Might be biased but after leveling a Necro and a Guardian aswell i find that my Thief main was hella slow/weak to level. Not only that i find the class as a whole completely dull and devoid of anything going for it. I wanted to level a Mesmer but after Heart of Thorns reveal, i'm putting all my hopes on Revenant.

I'll probably still just play Warrior, tbh. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, my thief was a walk in the park compared to mesmers. Maybe mesmers are late bloomers but the first 10 levels were a pain for me. 10 - 15 seconds for standard mobs are ridiculous compared to any other class i played. :s
    It's high noon.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I'll admit that using the sword instead of the staff wouldve saved me a lot of pain on the mesmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I've leveled every class to 80 and I have to agree that mesmer was by far the worst to level.

Interestingly, I started off GW2 on a mesmer and I had a great time! I took the better part of 2 weeks just creating characters of various classes/races and playing up until around level 13-14 to figure out what would stick with me. Mesmer did the trick.

Leveling wise I can't say I felt gimped or hindered, the illusions once you learn how to use them can be quite powerful help while leveling and you have a lot of skills that "block/negate" incoming attacks if timed well. I found the combo of Greatsword/staff to be very solid for leveling. Greatsword for damage/offensive play and swap to staff to gain some distance and shields that absorb damage while running around with autoattack damage that jumps to several targets. Pick the right 6-10 skills and you even get some evasion and invisibility to run away if things start to get hairy.

New Mystical Dragon Mini for the Chinese...

15+ Year Old Account
    O.O It's so CUTE

Oh I love that, want one!

re: Mesmer, yeah I agree with what was said above. It was my first prof/main...my engie ended up beating him to 80, but he got there shortly thereafter. I actually would recommend it to others, because with Mesmer you have to actually play the game while leveling--dodging, interrupting, timing stuff...it made all my other classes a breeze, comparatively. So yeah, it is slow at first. Once you get that trait that creates an illusion whenever you dodge it gets way easier. And the healing signet that gives you a passive heal for each illusion you have out, then it gets even better. Once you're fully traited and have all your tools at your disposal though, you're Loki incarnate. Also, greatsword is your friend. And sword/focus for getting around, it still peeves me that mesmers don't have any passive runspeed skill.

I also agree with Fencers, my thief has been a pain to level, which is weird because I usually like rogues best for leveling. He's 44 now, getting better, but man the last 40 levels were a grind. I'm starting to regret making him a Charr, my god they feel so slow when they run. :P
    Last edited by Tidezen; 2015-02-16 at 01:50 AM. Reason: derp thief

10+ Year Old Account
    As i said, the first levels feel so underpowered. Every weapon has so low damage and even the illusions doing not enough. I think, i will collect some tomes of knowlegde to push her some levels up before i give it another shot.
    It's high noon.

I've levelled every profession excluding thief & ranger, and honestly mesmer was by far the worst. Everything took foreverrrrrrrrr. Not to mention the weapon options are so meh, I should've just deleted her

Elementalist wasn't that fun either... I love being a glass cannon at 80, but while you're levelling you're just glass without the cannon.

I leveled a mesmer to 80 pretty easily, I don't really understand what is so difficult about it. I realized instantly illusions were not going to be persistent damage so I just went shatter, picked up mirror images and was just fine.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.