Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    That HP is basically summed up as "break bars, how do they work?". Even if someone runs away and isn't attacking while being targeted with the debuff, it still drains their life and heals the mob. Gotta bust the break bar to stop the channel, else you end up there forever.
    Break bars are the CC thing, no?

Also, so I heard in raids that bosses like to attack people with the highest toughness almost exclusively...anyone confirm/deny? Want to know if it's actually true before deciding what I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Also, so I heard in raids that bosses like to attack people with the highest toughness almost exclusively...anyone confirm/deny? Want to know if it's actually true before deciding what I think of it.
    Regarding break bars, yes; when it's blue, you can hit the mob with CC effects to reduce the bar. Bringing it to 0 generally stuns the mob for 4-5 seconds and grants a damage bonus against them. Very similar to interrupting mobs in Wildstar.

Regarding toughness: I have read in places that higher toughness does cause mobs to prefer to attack you, but I've done nothing to confirm that. If they attacked the highest toughness person exclusively, said person would essentially be a "tank" that never loses aggro.

Regarding break bars, yes; when it's blue, you can hit the mob with CC effects to reduce the bar. Bringing it to 0 generally stuns the mob for 4-5 seconds and grants a damage bonus against them. Very similar to interrupting mobs in Wildstar.
    Thought so. Not sure how I feel about that in terms of it being a potential "requirement", I strongly dislike CC builds and generally don't roll with many/any CC abillities : /

Regarding toughness: I have read in places that higher toughness does cause mobs to prefer to attack you, but I've done nothing to confirm that. If they attacked the highest toughness person exclusively, said person would essentially be a "tank" that never loses aggro.
    All of my ughs all over the place. I cannot find enough ughs to throw at this one.

Thought so. Not sure how I feel about that in terms of it being a potential "requirement", I strongly dislike CC builds and generally don't roll with many/any CC abillities : /

All of my ughs all over the place. I cannot find enough ughs to throw at this one.
    I have no proof that toughness does indeed work that way. I haven't tried testing it. Heck, I'm in full zerk gear and end up with aggro more often than not, so I suspect that burst damage also can get you put atop the hate list.

toughness just increases your chance to get aggro, it's not the only factor though. heck my glass cannon elementalist with hardly any toughness gets focused on all of the time

Deleted

During the beta raid I had a druid character with a healing build using a specific type of runes that I remember had a lot of healing power and toughness. Everything was after me like I had honey on my ass. I absolutely could not shake the thing off so I had to stay in the centre when lightning fields spawned to keep people from having to run everywhere after me aswell to chase the boss. I had to change gear after a while because when the phase with the 3 seperate 'bosses' began they wouldn't stay in their lane but instead come for me from across the map.

Toughness definately affects if mobs choose you or not. Granted, I was a bulking ball of toughness (and healing power)
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2015-11-10 at 08:35 PM.

Well for group content you don't personally need to have CCs the other people with you do. And there are a few professions which have skills that take a large amount off break bars which also goes a long way to helping not needing everyone to be running a CC build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allow me to introduce a new CC ability that HoT brought to folks that may have missed it - The Taunt!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well taunt isnt really all that broken in terms of effectiveness, i tend to run it on my armserker build and i mostly use it just to skip some skill triggerings by certain mobs every now and then (it's really really good vs the slime boss in the theumanova fractal at lvl 86), if you wanna try a build that doesnt require much skill variation to deal effective dps and have short CD on its CC's then try berserker:

-Headbutt on a 20 sec cd, the backfire is that it gives you a 1 sec stun but the cast time is barely existant and deals a hefty ammount of dps whilst giving you adrenaline, so you ideally wanna use it as an opener to arcing slice or after filling adrenaline bar then arcing slice (for extra 15% dmg) then headbutt and pop berserk.
    -You can use the two banners (str-disci) and also on the third skill use the berserker knockback as an extra CC just in case you need to break bars or push mobs to interrupt (specially useful against the slime adds on the theumanova reactor, also add gs 4 and you'll be pinning them easily.
    -You also have taunt which you can use to mess up with boss skill timings from what i've seen (also can be used to pin down adds from moving since they'll be focusing you mostly for just 1.5 sec, consider it a minor immobilize)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Well taunt isnt really all that broken in terms of effectiveness, i tend to run it on my armserker build and i mostly use it just to skip some skill triggerings by certain mobs every now and then (it's really really good vs the slime boss in the theumanova fractal at lvl 86), if you wanna try a build that doesnt require much skill variation to deal effective dps and have short CD on its CC's then try berserker:

-Headbutt on a 20 sec cd, the backfire is that it gives you a 1 sec stun but the cast time is barely existant and deals a hefty ammount of dps whilst giving you adrenaline, so you ideally wanna use it as an opener to arcing slice or after filling adrenaline bar then arcing slice (for extra 15% dmg) then headbutt and pop berserk.
    -You can use the two banners (str-disci) and also on the third skill use the berserker knockback as an extra CC just in case you need to break bars or push mobs to interrupt (specially useful against the slime adds on the theumanova reactor, also add gs 4 and you'll be pinning them easily.
    -You also have taunt which you can use to mess up with boss skill timings from what i've seen (also can be used to pin down adds from moving since they'll be focusing you mostly for just 1.5 sec, consider it a minor immobilize)
    There's something thoroughly entertaining about headbutting something, then getting all mad (berserk rage) and cleaving them in half (arc divider). Kinda like me IRL, only by headbutting things, I'm walking/turning head first into the corner of a counter door I opened above my stove or something, then I get mad and slam the door shut. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed something regarding the taunt trait, it increases your dmg output by 10%, it works like a charm for teq, 80k hundred blades to one of the teq feet (and if doing the double damage you get like 66k-80k)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Pact Medic Ceera is at the entrance to Auric Basin, she was the wife of the bomb expert you may have allowed to die. So if you've done that part where Tonn died, she wont' speak to you. If you took the mesmer path or the krait orb path, she will talk to you.

Just found it amusing, since one of my alts is on that path, but still early on. I've met Tonn but he hasn't died yet, but the wife still won't speak to me since I'm a bringer of death.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Anyone else been experiencing lag spikes after Raid was released? NA player here and ill get some lag spikes during HoT meta events. Usually the mouth of mordremoth fight but sometimes world bosses in central tyria. Weird thing is my GF who is sitting right next to me doesnt experience any lag spikes or any lag at all while im lagging.

Any idea what is happening?

Deleted
    I'm not sure, I have this too while I haven't had such lag in a whole year. It doesn't disconnect me, but it does scare the shit out of me I may disconnect.

Haven't noticed any lag

My lag was worse since HoT release, and after the raid release I was getting disconnects. Following subjects in mapchat and official forums I tried the 64bit client, but it still had some issues with lag (though no more disconnects), I guess there's a known issue with memory leaks or something which the 64bit client handles better.

It was getting unplayable, but in a separate instance, AVG Free was also pissing me off, so I uninstalled it. Now GW2 has been working great since I removed AVG, but the loading screen with news doesn't load the news anymore...

Deleting your cache folder will bring back the news feed on your launcher. I had that issue and it worked

I'll give it a go, thanks.

Well, did some more investigating and it seems i'm getting packet losses ect. Ran WTFast and all the lag went away. My ISP sometimes i swear..

Deleted
    I like the new ad for GW2 pvp, pushing on it being based on skill. Did something change with expansion or whatnot that I missed?
    When me and my friends left the game a couple of months after launch it was just spamming cooldowns pretty much, thief being easiest with first you only needed to spam hearthseeker and then some patch came and you managed with backstab. It was true, we all made thieves and only spammed those abilites and enemies died, we also named the characters "hearthseeker skill", "backstab pro" and so on. And only one build was available per char, I remember my mesmer just having one solid build and when I returned like a year later it was still the pvp build.
    I know that the plan behind the game was having weapons matter and weapon swapping being important, but it was just simply using cooldowns in the end.

So, did something change? Are there several builds/ profession? Did something happen to weapons so it's not just cooldown spamming? Did they give some kind of skill to thieves? I remember when leaving, backstab was going down and pistol whip being on the uprise... but it was long ago... what is the thief "to go" - ability now, or they actually got their damage nerfed so they need to use more abilities?
    I'm wondering, and unless things changed... that ad is not really valid.