10+ Year Old Account
    Nghh that rendition of fear not this night, quite good, hope it delivers some nice content tho C:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Trailers keep getting better.

By the way, love the new mount, looks much better than two previous masteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ that mount.

Hmm, I'd wondered if they'd add more. Guess I should make sure I have some Mastery points ready. Don't forget you can bank some of the mastery-xp items too.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

any news about new LW episode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Dang, so finally bought PoF and log in and...uh...wow, my frame rate is crap now. Borderline unplayable.

I guess some stuff changed, will have to do some research on it.
    Maybe your graphic options got reset.
    Make sure the character model limit, model quality, and shadows are set to medium or lower. Those are the main FPS sinks no matter what CPU you have.

Dang, so finally bought PoF and log in and...uh...wow, my frame rate is crap now. Borderline unplayable.

I guess some stuff changed, will have to do some research on it.
    Where were you at the time? There was a glitch in the new story that dumped a lot of folks into LA, so lag got pretty iffy. Other odd stuff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my settings seemed the same, so that's good.

Oddly enough the FPS issues just...went away. Played for about an hour and suddenly everything was fine, go figure. Clearly my magic touch or something.
    Do you have Windows 10?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, was in LA. Everything seems better now though, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, Win10.
    Windows 10 causes some weird bugs in some games. GW2 is one of them. Before the last Win 10 update I couldn't play fullscreen without my FPS randomly tanking kind of like you described . Now the FPS is gone but my game flashes to the desktop when I switch maps.

Fuck...new beetle mount seems rad as hell. Guess I'm powering through living story stuff to get that before working on the other projects I was prioritizing in the game. I need to do all the sick jumps and drifting with that sucker.

The Beetle does not follow the core pattern. You need to get into the zone via the story, which unlocks the first collection, run around and get stuff, which unlocks the second which takes you all over the place (gotta kill the Anomaly guy from 2 stories ago, need to kill Golem from Maelstrom, et cetera) then get the third collection, running around again.

I don't mind that, so much, but that means I didn't get to use the XP from these things on the Mastery for it.

So yeah, I have the mount, but none of the masteries for it yet, that'll be a couple days. I'll still stick with Jackal & Griffon for most stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Windows 10 causes some weird bugs in some games. GW2 is one of them. Before the last Win 10 update I couldn't play fullscreen without my FPS randomly tanking kind of like you described . Now the FPS is gone but my game flashes to the desktop when I switch maps.
    Do you also have shadowplay running as well? There's a bug in Shadowplay that can cause that to happen. It's fixed by disabling desktop capture in the privacy settings. If you don't have Shadowplay turned on nevermind! Just figured I'd mention it in case you do

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The Beetle does not follow the core pattern. You need to get into the zone via the story, which unlocks the first collection, run around and get stuff, which unlocks the second which takes you all over the place (gotta kill the Anomaly guy from 2 stories ago, need to kill Golem from Maelstrom, et cetera) then get the third collection, running around again.

I don't mind that, so much, but that means I didn't get to use the XP from these things on the Mastery for it.

So yeah, I have the mount, but none of the masteries for it yet, that'll be a couple days. I'll still stick with Jackal & Griffon for most stuff.
    So beetle requires more work to unlock than the other base mounts? Is it more like griffon-style unlock? Just finally caught up to the current LS episode this weekend and about to start it because I WANT THAT BEETLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So beetle requires more work to unlock than the other base mounts? Is it more like griffon-style unlock? Just finally caught up to the current LS episode this weekend and about to start it because I WANT THAT BEETLE.
    Imo it's easier to unlock than the Griffon and there's no gold sink either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Imo it's easier to unlock than the Griffon and there's no gold sink either.
    Nice. Do want to unlock both (beetle first though for that sweet drifting) and it looks like Dulfy has guides up, so I've got a few projects to work on this week : D

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's easier than Griffon, for sure, only took me a couple hours I think. But it's not like you enter the zone and the guy says "here, take a mount" or "finish this heart and get a mount". Since you're so far behind anyway, you may have other things to earn XP/ Mastery on, but since I don't it was sort of irritating. Basically, since I wanted the beetle, I stopped advancing the story except as it worked alongside stuff I was doing until I got the mount. So I got to the new zone, did an achievement, then left to go fight Golem in Mt Maelstrom until the next Anomaly spawn and whatnot.

Than I got the mount, but of course needed to get the mastery xp to get the "knock open walls" ability since there's a PoI sealed behind it and I wanted zone completion. I'm about 60% on the last mastery now, not sure aerial stuff will matter to me anyway.

You know what I did miss in the zone though? No new race! Unless I haven't found it yet, they introduce what seems like the mount most geared towards racing and don't put in a race.

So, yeah, it's not a major ordeal to get the beetle, but I'd have been happy even if they just let me gain XP while I was working towards the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I forgot how obnoxious managing gear and shit was if you wanna play anything other than one character and a Berserker build. Now I remember why I lost motivation so quickly last time I played, just trying out different builds or classes or even content types becomes this obnoxious amount of investment. Especially if you want to play WvW and need different classes/builds to be flexible in groups. And that's not even getting into runes and shit.

I know, I know, a lot of it is probably meant to just get you to throw money at it, just like legendaries. :/
    The problem with trying gear between PVE and WvW is that they both use PVE gear, so you'll probably be carrying to sets. Most WvW guides only show you BiS gear, which most people don't have. If a player does then that player probably has months of experience over you anyway. For PVE, you know need ascended for the last tier of fractals. People asking for ascended are looking for experienced speed clears. Most groups/guilds dont care as long as youre in full exotics. The only exotic set thats expensive (IMO) is whatever set chrono wears. Druid is costly but obtainable. Viper gear is best to use the add of a site like gw2efficiency to be efficient, people will accept alt stats as step ladder into Viper. Berserker is dirt cheap.

You can gain basic knowledge off specs in the pvp lobby.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Use...quipment_guide

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Use...ar_a_Character

Ugh, I forgot how obnoxious managing gear and shit was if you wanna play anything other than one character and a Berserker build. Now I remember why I lost motivation so quickly last time I played, just trying out different builds or classes or even content types becomes this obnoxious amount of investment. Especially if you want to play WvW and need different classes/builds to be flexible in groups. And that's not even getting into runes and shit.

I know, I know, a lot of it is probably meant to just get you to throw money at it, just like legendaries. :/
    Devs ignore any questions about additional build templates and gear set saves every time it comes up in a q and a. Meaning don't hold your breathe for such a system
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    The Jessica Price Drama is so crazy. Thats a first.

I dunno if it deserves its own thread so i just post this here.

Tldr : Some fan give feedback politely (very) and Anet dev went full meltdown bringing the debate to a gender war from nowhere, insulting etc..

It wont ends well

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...with_this_dev/
    Ugh, there really is no group of people I loathe more than the "eternal victim" feminists.