10+ Year Old Account
    The most complete round of specs. Maybe because they came later.

Having a blast on Specter so far. Going to try to make a frontline build for Untamed.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Specter..
    I was excited at first because i thought it could play like a disc priest sort of but
    as a solo player that doesn`t do any group content it just feels way out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Specter..
    I was excited at first because i thought it could play like a disc priest sort of but
    as a solo player that doesn`t do any group content it just feels way out of place.
    Struggling with a build or just using condis in general? The spec shouldn't die running around doing solo stuff.

i liked specter i think it's going to be a popular solo build.. only tried it out a little bit on some mobs i usually find hard and it was pretty damn face tank friendly. slap on some torment runes and you'll be straight up as busted as the other torment builds just with a lot more mobility and stealth to boot.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Struggling with a build or just using condis in general? The spec shouldn't die running around doing solo stuff.
    Well it`s more my own misinterpretation of what the Espec could be that is at fault rather than the Espec itself.

For instance it doesn`t seem like the 1 skill itself heals me when i used it on mobs, was kinda hoping
    it would do reduced self healing and do damage to enemies at the same time.
    Some skills from Mesmer bounce back and forth between yourself and enemies, giving you boons and enemies debuffs, so on.

I think i`m just too used to staff Mesmer and Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Well it`s more my own misinterpretation of what the Espec could be that is at fault rather than the Espec itself.

For instance it doesn`t seem like the 1 skill itself heals me when i used it on mobs, was kinda hoping
    it would do reduced self healing and do damage to enemies at the same time.
    Some skills from Mesmer bounce back and forth between yourself and enemies, giving you boons and enemies debuffs, so on.

I think i`m just too used to staff Mesmer and Druid.
    Yeah they went for something new with the scepter skills in that they have dual functionality. Some people like it, some don't because it's the first time the game has skills where you can directly target allies and are split the way the skills are. It's logical to assume the skills had self healing because that's how 99.9% of all the other skills have worked in the past. They haven't integrated a lot of stuff into core thief yet either, the new steal skills didn't work with a lot of old thief traits.

I'm not the biggest fan of having to target allies and no self targeting either but haven't played the spec enough to decide if it isn't something I could get used to.

All that aside, it's the spec's wells and shadow spec were insane. The wells could be made into spammable, blinks, heals, and, steal all in one. I don't know how good the shadow form abilities were because just popping in and out of the form gave me half a heath orb of barrier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i liked specter i think it's going to be a popular solo build.. only tried it out a little bit on some mobs i usually find hard and it was pretty damn face tank friendly. slap on some torment runes and you'll be straight up as busted as the other torment builds just with a lot more mobility and stealth to boot.
    I hope they nerf torment and not individually go through and nerf the classes that can throw up torment. The core issue is that torment hits too hard in PVE as enemies do not move enough to negate the bonus damage. If torment is normalized you would have the insane numbers people are putting up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Art for this game continues to own, it's really too bad there's no content
    All right, well, after finally getting myself able to play more than an hour after like 7 years, I am really enjoying it again and trying no to get overwhelmed.

Is there any reason not to play through the whole story? I did the first PoF mission to get the easy mount, but after that I was basically just going to play the game through again. I had a level 60 xp thing from before and I figure at 80 I'll just buy decent gear or something
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Is there any reason not to play through the whole story?
    I'd recommend skipping the vanilla and season 2 storylines as they are pretty meh and don't have any good setpieces. Except maybe create a Charr character and do their 1-30 personal story as that was surprisingly decent. Otherwise just skip to HoT and go in order.

If you care about map completion, wait until you get the Griffon mount as otherwise you're just going to have a really bad time as everyone else is going to be using their map to get around vertical maps like HoT or Bloodstone Fen or Draconis Mons real quick and finish the events before you even get there.

Have you done POF all the way through yet? If not then yes by all means do the story and then LW4 and Icebrood. Tons of story and meta maps between the three. That and there is currently a meta achievement from playing through all the lw stories again that will award a precursor for EOD and a legendary neck at the end.

I quit 6 months after release and haven't played since (about Living World Season 1), so I haven't done anything really.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing the all the living story episodes along with their 'return' achieves will get you a legendary and 1/4 of a legendary weapon. No reason to not play through the story. the personal story and living 2 are mechanically dated though

So with Elite Specs and stuff, is there any major reason to have multiple characters of the same profession?

So with Elite Specs and stuff, is there any major reason to have multiple characters of the same profession?
    Maybe if you prefer to grind maps or do PvP with the look of one race but you prefer to play through the story as another race because of the voice actor. The Charr are visually my favorite but his voice just isn't the same since he was recasted, also he sounds a little too gruff and we already have a gruff party member in Rytlock, whereas playing as an Asura feels more natural, like you're playing as a lighthearted hero who can crack jokes and be sincere at times.

You get 2 free build/equip templates so if you wanna do full f2p (aside from game/expansions) and have an empty character slot and you want more than 2 builds it could be useful. Might as well use all the character slots you have since you get free dyes from the birthday boxes. Maybe save a slot for a future profession but I think they gave one out for free when revenant came out.

You would mostly make another thief or what ever for looks though. My main thief is a Sylvari but I made a Charr thief that I keep in Drizzlewood coast for the daily rep stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You get 2 free build/equip templates so if you wanna do full f2p (aside from game/expansions) and have an empty character slot and you want more than 2 builds it could be useful. Might as well use all the character slots you have since you get free dyes from the birthday boxes. Maybe save a slot for a future profession but I think they gave one out for free when revenant came out.

You would mostly make another thief or what ever for looks though. My main thief is a Sylvari but I made a Charr thief that I keep in Drizzlewood coast for the daily rep stuff.
    Yeah I had all 8 slots filled from forever ago so I have a ton of gifts. Not really sure if there is a "smart" dye choice but many of them seem pretty rare.

Yeah I had all 8 slots filled from forever ago so I have a ton of gifts. Not really sure if there is a "smart" dye choice but many of them seem pretty rare.
    I just go for what ever colors I want starting with the ones that would be the most expensive on the trading post if I were to buy them with gold. Some of the dyes you can get would cost you like several hundred gold up to 1k I think. Since you can't sell any of the dyes from the birthday boxes there isn't really any point in picking an expensive dye you won't use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Character slots are the most efficient use of gems when it comes more bag space/builds/etc.

But you only need multiple of the same class like that if you want to fill the multiple roles that class can have. Example, I have two necros, one with dps builds, one with support, because it was cheaper and easier manage to make a new toon.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-11-07 at 09:33 PM.

For me personally I comes down to flavor when I’m running professions I like. I have several duplicates and have each on set up for a particular elite spec and role. Going to be purely preference on your part. I don’t mind spending gems on equipment and build templates setting stuff up though, I am still miles behind what a sub to WoW has cost me for the last 12 years

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post

OH yeah jeez I didn't realize these were account bound lol. The price for not having a sub, I guess

Q3 2021 highest reported earnings for gw2 since q3 2018. And AFAIK that does not yet include expansion pre orders.

Looks like reinvesting into gw2 was a good call Anet, game is doing great right now.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.