So this boss rush thing is freakin great, especially with the world boss teleport thingy. Holy crap I'm making quite a bit of money doing this and it's kinda fun to go back and fight all the old bosses again.

That and it's a nice excuse to catch up on a lot of podcasts/videos while mindlessly doing these bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

New season announcement on August 30.

We are probably going to Far Shiverpeaks.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2019-07-26 at 07:37 PM.
    Looking for Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    FSP? Somewhere I didn't think that we'd go.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Winter expansion! Yessss.

I like the 'fire and ice' idea that's been thrown around, since the icon is red and blue. The red seems a little bit more bloodstone red than Primordus red, so I don't know if there's anything to that, but I'm really excited.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Winter expansion! Yessss.

I like the 'fire and ice' idea that's been thrown around, since the icon is red and blue. The red seems a little bit more bloodstone red than Primordus red, so I don't know if there's anything to that, but I'm really excited.
    Not expansion, new LS season. IIRC they confirmed S5 will come before the next expansion a while back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not expansion, new LS season. IIRC they confirmed S5 will come before the next expansion a while back.
    It sounds like they're going back to 'feature patches'. Before HoT they had 'feature patches' that would rework entire game systems. With HoT and PoF, the 'feature patches' were bundled with the expacs. They said they want to release 'expansion like features' with LS5. Can't remember when they said it but it was with one of their 'what we're working on' blog posts.

LS5 might be what Eye of the North was to GW1, an expansion to the entire game, and not just the expansion that was before it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It sounds like they're going back to 'feature patches'. Before HoT they had 'feature patches' that would rework entire game systems. With HoT and PoF, the 'feature patches' were bundled with the expacs. They said they want to release 'expansion like features' with LS5. Can't remember when they said it but it was with one of their 'what we're working on' blog posts.

LS5 might be what Eye of the North was to GW1, an expansion to the entire game, and not just the expansion that was before it.
    I'd be totally down for that...but my concerns would be for them financially. Those big changes take a lot of time and investment, and they'll need to recoup those costs. LS is a good way to keep folks around between expansions and to make a bit of extra selling them to new players, but I can't see them carrying the game for more than a year with how they're currently set up.

Don't get me wrong, I like this quarterly-ish delivery schedule and the amount of content that comes with them (few hours of story, a whole new zone with all the trimmings, usually new mastery stuff, a bunch of gear etc.), but I can't see how they'll keep player and revenue numbers steady with benefiting from an expansion bump.

I just want me some juicy dx12 support after seeing how well the mod that was created to force it is working out for folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anet announced they're doing a double XP for two weeks after their reveal (the end of the two weeks would fall on their normal content release date). Heres to their announcement on the 30th being something exciting. Maybe even something ready to play? I honestly only expected holidays/festivals + a balance tweak until early 2020.

It's probably just the Living Story with a nice trailer. It's possible that they're doing a major revision to some systems as part of it, or changing the format of the episodes, but I wouldn't expect too much.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I just came back to the game and I'm a little lost about what is the best use of items that you can salvage or create a piece of gear from ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The bags of Unidentified gear? Statistically its better to open them. All of them have a chance to give you rare/exotic gear, which are worth more when you salvage them. Its not that bad if you salvage them without opening them but you are cutting your gains. ALWAYS open the yellow bags.

14 minutes into their special super event, which is the announcement that Icebrood is the next Living Story, vs Jormag. Not a bad thing, I do like wintery forests, but not sure why this had to be a live event thing.

Also, so if you buy Path of Fire, you get Heart of Thorns, and something about special Heart of Thorns stuff if you already had it, but having both, I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I was expecting more from the event. Trailer seemed cool but we really didn't get that much more info. (Unless they still have sth more up their sleeve.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    14 minutes into their special super event, which is the announcement that Icebrood is the next Living Story, vs Jormag. Not a bad thing, I do like wintery forests, but not sure why this had to be a live event thing.

Also, so if you buy Path of Fire, you get Heart of Thorns, and something about special Heart of Thorns stuff if you already had it, but having both, I don't really care.
    What they announced was fine. They over sold what they were announcing though.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-08-31 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why they announced was fine. They over sold what they were announcing though.
    Right, it was a nice trailer, the "Saga" seems fine, a livestream from the studio would be cool. A theater full of people, watching people that are not good at speaking in public? I dunno. What a waste of time & money.

Though, they do mention now there are 4 teams.

This seemed purely a marketing move, especially for new players. I liked the trailer. I'm excited for build templates. However, I do wish they could come up with a map of what their future content plans are. If it is just living world "sagas", not sure if that is the best way to keep a healthy player base.

Looking for Raid.

Their marketing has been questionable for a while now. I still need to catch up fully on the event, but that sure looks like they showed off a bunch more cool looking stuff in that trailer than they talked about on stage.

I've now maxed out the daily/monthly achievement limit (I'm sure others did some time ago since I missed here and there). I really like playing the game, running around is quite fun, and I don't need to have an expansion to find things to do.

That said, I also don't like forcing myself to do stupid stuff I don't want to do in order to get achievement points. I'm at 26,501, and would love to fill out my Hellfire set, but redoing old instances to try to avoid getting hit during a scene? Bleh!