1. #37341
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Weaver yes, tempest is a tad more forgiving but you still have a sub 16k healthpool. I chose ele for my first and got stubborn about it, played all through base, hot, and pof and died a lot.
    Both specs can become practically unkillable in open world with celestial stats. Weaver actually more so. But tgat would mean you have to be comfortable with dancing between elements, which a lot of people aren't.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  2. #37342
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Both specs can become practically unkillable in open world with celestial stats. Weaver actually more so. But tgat would mean you have to be comfortable with dancing between elements, which a lot of people aren't.
    not exactly gear a newcomer can afford.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

  3. #37343
    Well, I hopped on my warrior and I love the berserker thing. I don't even like warrior archetypes generally, but doing the sword/torch + bow thing with fire spraying everywhere is great. Also only having 1 special button to manage instead of 4-5 is so dang nice.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

  4. #37344
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,171
    I think people praise FF14 for it's devs being so transparent, but shoutout to CMC from the dev team going over all the Elite Spec changes with MightyTeapot. You really don't see developers actually talking with content creators and going over their decisions like that. Also the changes to Untamed seem really good. Also really impressed with them taking feedback into account and so quickly as well. If this was WoW or most other MMOs they would've just shipped it and fixed it later.

  5. #37345
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think people praise FF14 for it's devs being so transparent, but shoutout to CMC from the dev team going over all the Elite Spec changes with MightyTeapot. You really don't see developers actually talking with content creators and going over their decisions like that. Also the changes to Untamed seem really good. Also really impressed with them taking feedback into account and so quickly as well. If this was WoW or most other MMOs they would've just shipped it and fixed it later.
    The fact that CMC spent hours in stream talking about changes while one of the game directors hung out in chat was awesome to see. I understand people that lost faith in Anet and Gw2 after things like the IBS reveal and 2019 in general but it is clear they steered that ship hard and are going in the right direction.
    And they are being rewarded well with 2021 being Gw2s best year since 2018 so far.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

  6. #37346
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,715
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    The fact that CMC spent hours in stream talking about changes while one of the game directors hung out in chat was awesome to see. I understand people that lost faith in Anet and Gw2 after things like the IBS reveal and 2019 in general but it is clear they steered that ship hard and are going in the right direction.
    And they are being rewarded well with 2021 being Gw2s best year since 2018 so far.
    I feel like I have posted this before but they sit in twitch streams, discords, and play tge game pretty regularly. For whatever reason thry arw bad at official, miney generating forms of marketing.

  7. #37347
    Did some quick testing, no idea what damage is like compared to others but...

    Turtle - It's kinda fun. Dig the momentum mechanic, it's got jump jets, it stomps.

    Willbender - Haven't messed around with traits too much (or figured out how to get alacrity to proc) but I like what I played so far. Feels a lot more mobile and damage oriented. Not a big fan of dw swords, feels kinda squishy playing that way, but I'm liking pairing 1h mace with the 1h sword in offhand. I don't think you really need the mobility from mh sword nor the ranged attack, and the mace offers some decent defense/healing to offset what's missing from the rest of the toolkit. Though I imagine won't synergize as well with traits.

    Will likely tinker around more. I'm digging this more than I initially dug firebrand, though firebrand ended up being my favorite spec by far. May look up some trait builds to see how it plays with different setups than what the game defaults you to.

  8. #37348
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,715
    Tried thief, ele, rev, and necro so far because those had things I know I was looking for. Specs feel smoother. Damage, a bit normalized. They are getting there.

    I don't know what the turtle is fo, butt I like its design. Maybe tighten up its drifting (keep it but it can be tweaked to feel better) and we have a winner. Spent about 5 min just slamming stuff in the starter zones. Wouldrecommendd.

    Bunch of cool new faces on the in the makeover kits and they are all "free" in that they aravailablebe arinitialal character creation.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  9. #37349
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Bunch of cool new faces on the in the makeover kits and they are all "free" in that they aravailablebe arinitialal character creation.
    Was pleasantly surprised to see that they're baseline. IMO Anet should give out a recustomization kit to everyone in case they want to take advantage of them on their mains, but I think most longtime players have more than a handful of kits stashed away unless they've been using them. I'm an ultra-casual player and I've even got like 3-4 kits of various sorts in my bank that have been sitting there for ages.

    Didn't see anything I'd want to change on my guardian, who is part of the human female meta, but I'll give it another look. Been wanting to give her more of a tan and tweak a few minor things for a while anyways, so if there's a good new hairstyle to swap to I'm here for it.

  10. #37350
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Was pleasantly surprised to see that they're baseline. IMO Anet should give out a recustomization kit to everyone in case they want to take advantage of them on their mains, but I think most longtime players have more than a handful of kits stashed away unless they've been using them. I'm an ultra-casual player and I've even got like 3-4 kits of various sorts in my bank that have been sitting there for ages.
    Yeah, it's kind of an odd dichotomy that long time players will most likely have plenty, but newer folks will probably get mad that they have to spend money on them. Seems a bit unfriendly to efforts to get new people in and spending. I guess newest folks will just get them at chargen though.

    Didn't see anything I'd want to change on my guardian, who is part of the human female meta, but I'll give it another look. Been wanting to give her more of a tan and tweak a few minor things for a while anyways, so if there's a good new hairstyle to swap to I'm here for it.
    I'm so used to my current looks, I'd probably just make a new alt if there was something there I liked, even though I've got 5+ kits as you say.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Like the new Skyscale is a wonderful looking thing, but just feels "wrong" to me. Plus I don't want to spend that many gems...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  11. #37351
    Bloodsail Admiral Scyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did some quick testing, no idea what damage is like compared to others but...

    Turtle - It's kinda fun. Dig the momentum mechanic, it's got jump jets, it stomps.

    Willbender - Haven't messed around with traits too much (or figured out how to get alacrity to proc) but I like what I played so far. Feels a lot more mobile and damage oriented. Not a big fan of dw swords, feels kinda squishy playing that way, but I'm liking pairing 1h mace with the 1h sword in offhand. I don't think you really need the mobility from mh sword nor the ranged attack, and the mace offers some decent defense/healing to offset what's missing from the rest of the toolkit. Though I imagine won't synergize as well with traits.

    Will likely tinker around more. I'm digging this more than I initially dug firebrand, though firebrand ended up being my favorite spec by far. May look up some trait builds to see how it plays with different setups than what the game defaults you to.
    Very similar for me. FB has quickly became my favourite and find it hard to see myself play WB more but I have enjoyed it a lot thus far in the beta. Doesn't feel like Guardian at all and am really liking all the mobility. Haven't done any serious content on it but for open world I quite enjoy WB.

    I've also really been enjoying Virtuoso, just feels really fun.

  12. #37352
    The new customization options are pretty lackluster. I think Sylvari are the only options I'd consider using and maybe one female Norn hairstyle. And Jesus why cant there be more than 1 char face that doesn't look like a deformed pug beaten with a bat until it shattered and left shards in its face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

    Like the new Skyscale is a wonderful looking thing, but just feels "wrong" to me. Plus I don't want to spend that many gems...
    Play an Asura then it would feel wrong to fly a normal Skyscale :P.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •