1. #37381
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Wanted to get back to the game for a bit of trying out new builds that require Celestial gear...Charged Quartz Crystal, worst timegate in history of gaming
    What requires celestial? I use celestial for a character but that's because I had a set from years ago. I could do without it.

    If you don't mind sticking to a schedule you can just farm stat select exotics (or even ascended if you really want to put in the play time).

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  2. #37382
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Wanted to get back to the game for a bit of trying out new builds that require Celestial gear...Charged Quartz Crystal, worst timegate in history of gaming
    Wait, what? That set is actually useful for builds? >.>

  3. #37383
    The Lightbringer Shakadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, what? That set is actually useful for builds? >.>
    Plenty of builds can make great use of celestial, especially in WvW. Renegade and Scourge to name a couple.

  4. #37384
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, what? That set is actually useful for builds? >.>
    I can't say today, but it was quite the set back when they first made it craftable. That's why they made it such a royal pain in the ass to make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Wanted to get back to the game for a bit of trying out new builds that require Celestial gear...Charged Quartz Crystal, worst timegate in history of gaming
    Exactly why I always had a hard time sticking to the game. Every time you want to try something out it's this big production of needing a specific set of gear and runes and sigils and shit that's gonna cost you all your gold and blah blah blah.

  5. #37385
    The Lightbringer Shakadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Wanted to get back to the game for a bit of trying out new builds that require Celestial gear...Charged Quartz Crystal, worst timegate in history of gaming
    You get a stat-selectable exotic armor box from each tier of the pvp league track, by far the quickest way to get celestial gear if you don't have charge crystals stacked up.

  6. #37386
    i got a full set of ascended celestials and i love it. sure it was pretty overkill to get but for my tempest it was totally worth it.

    for anyone else trailblazer or marauder gear will be easy enough and just as worth it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

  7. #37387
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    497
    I admit that after getting a taste for ascended quality items, I can't fathom equipping exotic ones. But seems like one could craft a full set box of exotic Celestial armor these days? Other than that, its 2 weeks of daily charged quartz to get enough for insignias to stat-swap a spare useless set I have. And yes, I want to try out Celestial on a Renegade.

    EDIT: Yep, box of celestial gear requires...Charged Quartz Crystal as well! So either way, I'm going to keep making em for 2 weeks before I get an armor set via stat-swapping an ascended set
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-01-11 at 12:17 AM.

  8. #37388
    One of the best things about having a bunch of legendaries is precisely being able to test different builds since you can swap stats freely. They are not cheap at all and it's usually a lot of work, but at least for me, the freedom was totally worth it. I mean, in terms of gold it's certainly not worth it, but i often found myself being reluctant to try certain builds that seemed interesting because of gear limitations, that changed when i got my legendary armor and changed even further as i kept increasing my legendary collection (almost all weapon slots, back, amulet, accesories and one ring).
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  9. #37389
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Plenty of builds can make great use of celestial, especially in WvW. Renegade and Scourge to name a couple.
    WvW makes a bit of sense, and would explain why it's a complete mystery to me. Even when I was playing my hybrid FB I'd never imagine using that set, way too many "wasted" stats on it IMO, even if you can benefit from them all.

  10. #37390
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, what? That set is actually useful for builds? >.>
    Yes. It actually makes ele (weaver) one of the tankiest things in the game. It's great for some classes in open world and has always been okay yet not BiS in some WvW builds. They buffed it not to long ago and made it even better - it had been missing some attributes for years. You wouldn't use it in instances unless you're memeing for reasons you've stated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I admit that after getting a taste for ascended quality items, I can't fathom equipping exotic ones. But seems like one could craft a full set box of exotic Celestial armor these days? Other than that, its 2 weeks of daily charged quartz to get enough for insignias to stat-swap a spare useless set I have. And yes, I want to try out Celestial on a Renegade.

    EDIT: Yep, box of celestial gear requires...Charged Quartz Crystal as well! So either way, I'm going to keep making em for 2 weeks before I get an armor set via stat-swapping an ascended set
    So if you can stomach exotic you can farm Verdant Brink's night meta and purchase stat-select great from the map's vendor. Buy gear, select Celestial, you're set.

    For ascended what you can do is farm strikes. Lots and lots and lots of strikes then buy ascended armor boxes with strike currency. Also run T4 fractals if you have the equipment for it. Boxes of ascended gear aren't uncommon. I literally have 2 tabs of unopened ascended chests in bank from doing fractals. Average is like 2-3 boxes a week. The armor from the boxes are stat-delectable and celestial is an option in every box.

    Also unfortunately you just mixed missed the Christmas event which gave you fully Charged Quartz at a solid rate...anything is better than 1 a day.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  11. #37391
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yes. It actually makes ele (weaver) one of the tankiest things in the game. It's great for some classes in open world and has always been okay yet not BiS in some WvW builds. They buffed it not to long ago and made it even better - it had been missing some attributes for years. You wouldn't use it in instances unless you're memeing for reasons you've stated.
    Well, today I fuckin learned. I always thought it was more of a silly/meme set.

    Interesting though, will have to keep in mind if I ever dust off my ele and decide to play her. I'll just need to unlock weaver and shit though, and last I recall playing her (like, at least a year ago) man am I hot garbage at vanilla ele.

  12. #37392
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yes. It actually makes ele (weaver) one of the tankiest things in the game. It's great for some classes in open world and has always been okay yet not BiS in some WvW builds. They buffed it not to long ago and made it even better - it had been missing some attributes for years. You wouldn't use it in instances unless you're memeing for reasons you've stated.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So if you can stomach exotic you can farm Verdant Brink's night meta and purchase stat-select great from the map's vendor. Buy gear, select Celestial, you're set.

    For ascended what you can do is farm strikes. Lots and lots and lots of strikes then buy ascended armor boxes with strike currency. Also run T4 fractals if you have the equipment for it. Boxes of ascended gear aren't uncommon. I literally have 2 tabs of unopened ascended chests in bank from doing fractals. Average is like 2-3 boxes a week. The armor from the boxes are stat-delectable and celestial is an option in every box.

    Also unfortunately you just mixed missed the Christmas event which gave you fully Charged Quartz at a solid rate...anything is better than 1 a day.
    Alrighty, thanks for the tips! I do have tons of ascended gear but sadly Celestial is not what I would've normally picked. Hence, either I farm temporary exotic Celestial gear or wait for 14 days to stat-swap ascended one. My guild seems to have died long ago, which is not a surprise at this point, every guild I try out ends up dead and that's the only reason I cannot have lasting interest in the game even I find many curiously fun aspects

  13. #37393
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Alrighty, thanks for the tips! I do have tons of ascended gear but sadly Celestial is not what I would've normally picked. Hence, either I farm temporary exotic Celestial gear or wait for 14 days to stat-swap ascended one. My guild seems to have died long ago, which is not a surprise at this point, every guild I try out ends up dead and that's the only reason I cannot have lasting interest in the game even I find many curiously fun aspects
    Do you play NA?

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  14. #37394
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Do you play NA?
    Nay, EU. I've played this game on and off since release but hardly have done any serious content other than some dabbles in hardmode fractals when friend asked me to. For a game with "guild" in its name, sure seems really hard to find a lasting one!

  15. #37395
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Nay, EU. I've played this game on and off since release but hardly have done any serious content other than some dabbles in hardmode fractals when friend asked me to. For a game with "guild" in its name, sure seems really hard to find a lasting one!
    Gothca.

    Here's a awesome gearing guide.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Use...ar_a_Character

    Not mine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, today I fuckin learned. I always thought it was more of a silly/meme set.

    Interesting though, will have to keep in mind if I ever dust off my ele and decide to play her. I'll just need to unlock weaver and shit though, and last I recall playing her (like, at least a year ago) man am I hot garbage at vanilla ele.
    Don't get me wrong, celestial weaver is very tanky but still feels like you are playing a piano.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  16. #37396
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Gothca.

    Here's a awesome gearing guide.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Use...ar_a_Character

    Not mine.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Don't get me wrong, celestial weaver is very tanky but still feels like you are playing a piano.
    I mean I do have countless ascended gear sets and all the sources to get new pieces, its not like I didnt do anything useful during all these years. But one would agree that all the gear with best runes/sigils and flexibility & capability of filling a lot of roles is wasted when you don't find a bigger group of players to play with

  17. #37397
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I mean I do have countless ascended gear sets and all the sources to get new pieces, its not like I didnt do anything useful during all these years. But one would agree that all the gear with best runes/sigils and flexibility & capability of filling a lot of roles is wasted when you don't find a bigger group of players to play with
    For sure. I was going to say if you played NA that I know a handful of active guilds that have been around sense the beta. I don't anything about the EU scene.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  18. #37398
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,857
    Finished all the Return achieves. Seasons 4 and 5 really are the easiest to just grind out IMO.

    Basically all maps have an "do x amount of events". The Season 4 maps all have bounties which count as events so you just grind those out. There metas also tend to be on short timers.

    Season 5 maps are doubled up except Grothmar and Visions of the Past. You just play through Visions once or twice, done. Season 5 episode 5, just play through it. Bjora and Drizzlewood have 2 tabs assigned to them each. The two tabs share progression. The requirements for Drizzlewood are basically just doing the two metas on the map.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  19. #37399
    Gw2 elementalist remains one of my favorite concepts in any MMO that seems so unplayable once you actually start doing anything with it. Then there's double staff mesmer with 3 buttons...
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •