1. #37381
    Just leaving this here - was part of a top 50 w. rank guild in GW back in the days, tried GW2 the other week - man I hated everything about it ...

  2. #37382
    Quote Originally Posted by KBDK View Post
    Just leaving this here - was part of a top 50 w. rank guild in GW back in the days, tried GW2 the other week - man I hated everything about it ...
    Nice blog post.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  3. #37383
    Dreadlord sinilaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    809
    so I returned after a long time and don't know what to do really. Currently I'm trying to do the story, level masterys, find gear because I never did endgame during vanilla so I have garbage and do part on of the legendary weapon. And I honestly don't feel like making any progress, so what should I do first? Finish the story content and then look for gear? Or what order should I take?

  4. #37384
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    so I returned after a long time and don't know what to do really. Currently I'm trying to do the story, level masterys, find gear because I never did endgame during vanilla so I have garbage and do part on of the legendary weapon. And I honestly don't feel like making any progress, so what should I do first? Finish the story content and then look for gear? Or what order should I take?
    1) If you need gear, one of the easiest ways is buying exotics on TP. Berserker's is the cheapest and most versatile set.
    2) You can watch WP's build guides for your class. He makes sure to explain mechanics, so it's very useful in general if you want to understand how to play.
    3) You don't really need legendary weapons, weapons usually have 1-2 preferred stat sets and it's much cheaper to get couple of ascended weapons.
    4) Ascended in general doesn't provide amount of stats that would make difference in the content you are playing through right now, so you can take your time getting them. Other than that, you need ascended for higher level fractals (for agony resistance), but for T1 and T2 ascended trinkets are enough and you can easily get them either with laurels or by farming LWS3 and LWS4 maps. Don't forget to attune and infuse your ascended rings, these four extra slots are massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  5. #37385
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    1) If you need gear, one of the easiest ways is buying exotics on TP. Berserker's is the cheapest and most versatile set.
    2) You can watch WP's build guides for your class. He makes sure to explain mechanics, so it's very useful in general if you want to understand how to play.
    3) You don't really need legendary weapons, weapons usually have 1-2 preferred stat sets and it's much cheaper to get couple of ascended weapons.
    4) Ascended in general doesn't provide amount of stats that would make difference in the content you are playing through right now, so you can take your time getting them. Other than that, you need ascended for higher level fractals (for agony resistance), but for T1 and T2 ascended trinkets are enough and you can easily get them either with laurels or by farming LWS3 and LWS4 maps. Don't forget to attune and infuse your ascended rings, these four extra slots are massive.
    What they said. Also, Metabattle isn't a bad site to check for builds as well, usually base mine off there.

    Beyond that, (responding to sinilaid), I'd focus on clearing out story content. That will open more zones and give you quite a few mastery points and other goodies. Beyond that, it's either farming bosses/zone events/fractals (once you want to start on ascended gear) or focusing on achievements for specific rewards. I usually have a checklist of a handful I'm working on when I play, most recently the Skyscale mount collections.

  6. #37386
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,184
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    so I returned after a long time and don't know what to do really. Currently, I'm trying to do the story, level masterys, find gear because I never did endgame during vanilla so I have garbage and do part on of the legendary weapon. And I honestly don't feel like making any progress, so what should I do first? Finish the story content and then look for gear? Or what order should I take?
    Make ascended gear. Exact same stats. Can't freely statswap it (but you can still stat-swap in the mystic forge) and doesn't have the fancy legendary skin. Sounds like you're doing legendary crafting for your precursor, which is a huge resource dump even for people who have played the game for a long time, nonetheless someone just returning. Also most people don't actually need to statswap because they play a class that doesn't need it or only stick to one role.

    If you have the expacs, theres a ton of story content to do and the rewards are still relevant, except the pre level 80 stuff.

    Raids are designed for exotic gear but theres masteries that you need like updrafts (gliding) off the top of my head. T4 fractals require ascended gear but theres a progression system for those anyway. You'd start off doing T1s which don't even require you to be lvl 80 for some of them.

    https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

    https://snowcrows.com/raids/

    I'd skim through those two websites for your class and build. Gearing (exotics) isn't hard at all. I've seen people casually do in a week and some do it in a few hours. These are people with fresh level 80s and no endgame experience. The challenge comes in learning your class and game mechanics. How to survive, how to do your job, how to do it well, how to tweak stuff as needed. Also looking good while doing it, 80% of this game is visual rewards.

  7. #37387
    New patch today, comes with second half of Bjora Marches, new strike mission, world boss Drakkar and some new content called Visions of the Past.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  8. #37388
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,184
    Feels like most of the work in this patch went into design and not story content. Good or bad depending on what you like. They did use some cool tech for the story though. The addition to the map is good is you like ice maps. Lots of vertical and horizontal space, lots of open world achievements to do.

    Haven't done the strike mission though, but if its like the others its probably either really easy or harder than the average raid boss...Boneskinner...

    The new world boss is actually nice. Might have a little too much HP (or most people just press 1) but it looks good, decent enough to kill, they did well.

    Next major patch is slated to be huge balance patch, at least for PvP and WvW.

  9. #37389
    Ok, short story i just started playing the game and i'm having a blast. Upgraded to standard account for the expansions and managed to find a good deal for pass+2000 gems, so i also unlocked the whole second season - i'm planning to do story content in order and unlock it progressively even if it's slower.

    I play a warrior, and i'm kinda "lost" in the builds. There's a lot of options and i don't really know what are noob traps or things to avoid. I'm gonna do mostly solo/open world, maybe some dungeon runs. I like swords skills, though i don't know what to chase - Spellbreaker with dual daggers looks cool aswell. Any basic pointers?
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  10. #37390
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, short story i just started playing the game and i'm having a blast. Upgraded to standard account for the expansions and managed to find a good deal for pass+2000 gems, so i also unlocked the whole second season - i'm planning to do story content in order and unlock it progressively even if it's slower.

    I play a warrior, and i'm kinda "lost" in the builds. There's a lot of options and i don't really know what are noob traps or things to avoid. I'm gonna do mostly solo/open world, maybe some dungeon runs. I like swords skills, though i don't know what to chase - Spellbreaker with dual daggers looks cool aswell. Any basic pointers?
    https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

    Really good website for various types of builds, but as the name says, "meta" - don't let it discourage you though, if you find non-meta builds fun, go for them. Open world is trivial anyways!

  11. #37391
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, short story i just started playing the game and i'm having a blast. Upgraded to standard account for the expansions and managed to find a good deal for pass+2000 gems, so i also unlocked the whole second season - i'm planning to do story content in order and unlock it progressively even if it's slower.

    I play a warrior, and i'm kinda "lost" in the builds. There's a lot of options and i don't really know what are noob traps or things to avoid. I'm gonna do mostly solo/open world, maybe some dungeon runs. I like swords skills, though i don't know what to chase - Spellbreaker with dual daggers looks cool aswell. Any basic pointers?
    just go full berserker gear. use sigil of force and scholar runes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  12. #37392
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

    Really good website for various types of builds, but as the name says, "meta" - don't let it discourage you though, if you find non-meta builds fun, go for them. Open world is trivial anyways!
    Thanks, will do a check.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    just go full berserker gear. use sigil of force and scholar runes.
    Noted. Still lvl 61 right now.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  13. #37393
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,764
    https://gw2efficiency.com/worldbosses

    is useful for the world boss train. a decent source of items. plus that website as a whole is very useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  14. #37394
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    https://gw2efficiency.com/worldbosses

    is useful for the world boss train. a decent source of items. plus that website as a whole is very useful.
    So apparently there's a lot to do Well, gold income is what i'm focused first to unlock past seasons, because i just like it this way. Though fill season 2 is unlocked and i have like 700 gems left, it won't be much before unlocking season 3.

    Again noob question - there are no real roles, and damage separates mostly between power (which is straight damage) and condition (which is dots etc). Is one more efficient/easier than the other to pursue?
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  15. #37395
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So apparently there's a lot to do Well, gold income is what i'm focused first to unlock past seasons, because i just like it this way. Though fill season 2 is unlocked and i have like 700 gems left, it won't be much before unlocking season 3.

    Again noob question - there are no real roles, and damage separates mostly between power (which is straight damage) and condition (which is dots etc). Is one more efficient/easier than the other to pursue?
    berserker affix. thats whats going to get you the most damage because of the 3 main stats power, precision, and ferocity. use your healing signet for your survivability.

    making gold is pretty tedious in gw2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  16. #37396
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    berserker affix. thats whats going to get you the most damage because of the 3 main stats power, precision, and ferocity. use your healing signet for your survivability.

    making gold is pretty tedious in gw2.
    Not terribly since i'm taking it really slow. I'm at 16 gold right now, and world bosses drop quite a bunch, plus 2g a day with dailies. Will hunt for berserkers then, thanks for the tip. Decided to go double dagger spellbreaker when i am 71.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  17. #37397
    Oh my god, the fucking new gryphon mount...how did that ever make it past the first round of reviews, much less into the final client.



    I'm fucking dying.

  18. #37398
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh my god, the fucking new gryphon mount...how did that ever make it past the first round of reviews, much less into the final client.



    I'm fucking dying.
    Yeah this is the one time I was ok with a horrible black lion chest drop rate. Did kinda want to get the spirit whales though.

  19. #37399
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, short story i just started playing the game and i'm having a blast. Upgraded to standard account for the expansions and managed to find a good deal for pass+2000 gems, so i also unlocked the whole second season - i'm planning to do story content in order and unlock it progressively even if it's slower.

    I play a warrior, and i'm kinda "lost" in the builds. There's a lot of options and i don't really know what are noob traps or things to avoid. I'm gonna do mostly solo/open world, maybe some dungeon runs. I like swords skills, though i don't know what to chase - Spellbreaker with dual daggers looks cool aswell. Any basic pointers?
    The "builds" in this game can be complex. If you really want to "nail" your build expect to do a lot of research (and farming).

    I hear you about the game though- it's great. I wish they would charge a sub so they could get out more content (and maybe even an x pac).

    The one thing it does poorly is accesability though. There is a ton of great stuff in this game that no one does because they haven't really streamlined it (made it easy to "get to"). The game would be insane if they fixed their systems so all that stuff was relevant and easy enough to follow that you at least knew what to do without doing a ton of research. The have really hurt the game with that type of design.

    That being said it is a really good game- so good in fact that many other games steal their systems. WOW stole their fractal system (for M+) and their whole wardrobe system (transmog).

  20. #37400
    I haven't felt like doing the new story yet, so just been doing other stuff.

    New Year didn't change much, but the new adventure thing in the center plaza is fun. I like the variety without it being a huge investment.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •