1. #37521
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I can't add anything to this other than I am not surprised from the clowns that work at ANet, bunch of sjw feminist nuts and hipster bois.

    I can't tell if this is real or troll

    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...or-revolution/
    May not reflect well professionally... but she's not wrong?

  2. #37522
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    21,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I can't add anything to this other than I am not surprised from the clowns that work at ANet, bunch of sjw feminist nuts and hipster bois.

    I can't tell if this is real or troll

    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...or-revolution/
    I don't know if you're a citizen in a non US country or a right-wing nut, but honestly political conversation has no place in the GW2 thread. However, since you specifically chose to criticize their employee, she has every right to express her views on what is needed to vastly change our fucked beyond belief country just like the countless hundreds of thousands out there protesting right now.

    Let me be clear: your opinions are those of repressive minorities trying to claim some sacred incel space in gaming. Get over it. The real world has people beyond white cis males that like to hang nazi or rebel flags in their bedroom in their parent's house.

    I welcome writing for a variety of ideas and stories in GW2 and think it's worked out just fine. Back to your regularly scheduled GW2, game-related content thanks.
    BAD WOLF

  3. #37523
    After the previous episodes all entailing us fighting big bads this whole civil war arc seems rather insignificant...
    But then again the last 4 episodes seem to follow a: "low - high - low - high - ..." pattern

    Also: Was my download faulty or did they just replace all voice acting with grunts?

  4. #37524
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Also: Was my download faulty or did they just replace all voice acting with grunts?
    They couldn't record voice actors for this episode due to Covid, you even get a mail about it when you start the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  5. #37525
    The Lightbringer Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't know if you're a citizen in a non US country or a right-wing nut, but honestly political conversation has no place in the GW2 thread. However, since you specifically chose to criticize their employee, she has every right to express her views on what is needed to vastly change our fucked beyond belief country just like the countless hundreds of thousands out there protesting right now.

    Let me be clear: your opinions are those of repressive minorities trying to claim some sacred incel space in gaming. Get over it. The real world has people beyond white cis males that like to hang nazi or rebel flags in their bedroom in their parent's house.

    I welcome writing for a variety of ideas and stories in GW2 and think it's worked out just fine. Back to your regularly scheduled GW2, game-related content thanks.
    I'm not getting political, I was just posting it because this is "round 2" of ANet employee going crazy on twitter and could have rather bad results, the other chick and her white knight got fired over it. Its GW2 devs that need to shut their mouths and stop being political, its really cringe to see how retarded their employees are.

    If you think her in the right by calling for a literal violent revolution (LOL) then idk what 2 say bruh?
    LOL

    ♫Toss a coin to your witcher♫

    I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think we may be waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe even forever.

  6. #37526
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

    Is there a reason to pledge to a legion? I'm still not sure what all that stuff is all about.
    I don't know if you're familiar with PVP/WVW reward tracks but its the same deal. They just don't have a proper UI for it (hopefully working on one).

    You pledge to a legion and your commendations go towards that legion's reward track. If you don't pick one your comms are divided amongst all the legions. It doesn't really matter from a casual perspective unless you want the achieves/skins associated a legion.

  7. #37527
    Let's keep the political/social discussion out of this thread, eh? There's enough drama everywhere.

    On topic: Finished the story and...it was kinda good, but much shorter than expected. I kinda feel like they oversold the "we looked at civil wars and the tactics used!" angle, and really didn't like the grenade moment (I actually restarted the whole chapter since I thought I picked the wrong option accidentally and...I didn't, it's the right option just without clearly indicating what the consequences are).

    But my disappointment with the story seems to be quelled by how much I enjoy the zone. There's just so much to do all the time, and even behind the front-lines stuff feels useful. I'll probably end up parking a character here in the longterm, just likely not my guardian.

    Feels like you need to earn a ton of mastery points via achieves to unlock everything, which is kinda annoying, but at least I've got some projects to keep me busy for a while.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't know if you're familiar with PVP/WVW reward tracks but its the same deal. They just don't have a proper UI for it (hopefully working on one).

    You pledge to a legion and your commendations go towards that legion's reward track. If you don't pick one your comms are divided amongst all the legions. It doesn't really matter from a casual perspective unless you want the achieves/skins associated a legion.
    I can still eventually unlock "all of them" by going the neutral route, right? It'll just take 4x the time as focusing a single one? Because if so I'm fine with that, just as long as I'm not missing out on anything specific/important.

  8. #37528
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm not getting political
    You were the one who started this political discussion. You have absolutely no self-awareness. Grow up.

    OT: I've not tried the new episode but I'm not in any rush since the content is always bite-sized. I binge-played GW2 for the last 2 weeks and made 2 legendaries in that time, now I'm enjoying WoW again so GW2 is taking a backseat. The game gets really boring again when I realise that it's just an achievement simulator/skin collector game.

  9. #37529
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    After the previous episodes all entailing us fighting big bads this whole civil war arc seems rather insignificant...
    But then again the last 4 episodes seem to follow a: "low - high - low - high - ..." pattern

    Also: Was my download faulty or did they just replace all voice acting with grunts?
    I don't know.

    Jormag already screwed over a segment of the Norns with its nonsense now its going after the Charr.

    What we has is Bangar dreams of conducting a world domination campaign across Tyria. To do so he has radicalized the upcoming generation of Charr, represented by Ryland. Essentially countless young Charr have signed on to Bangar's crusade.

    Bangar wants to wake and control a dragon to meet his goal. Anyone who has been paying just a little attention to the story knows that's a bad idea, and that freeing Jormag could be worse than Bangar's fantasy war on Tyria.

    Jormag is playing its own game. It's allowing Bangar to believe he can tame it. Instead it's luring Bangar and his forces into a trap, the same way it trapped the Sons of Svanir. Bangar is delivering an army of brainwashed zealots to Jormag, which begins to happen at the end of the episode.

    Charr not allied with Bangar are watch as Bangar sacrifices their future to his war machine.

    Notice how they keep panning to the Flame Legion who are already played the game on a smaller scale. They aren't doing so well in the current timeline.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    [


    I can still eventually unlock "all of them" by going the neutral route, right? It'll just take 4x the time as focusing a single one? Because if so I'm fine with that, just as long as I'm not missing out on anything specific/important.
    Correct, it will just take longer.

  10. #37530
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Correct, it will just take longer.
    Caught the achieves last night, I got no real problem with that.

    Now I'm just mildly miffed because I'm probably going to have to go back to some older zones to get some more MP achieves. Been pretty fine so far, but it's getting annoying at this point. I strongly dislike needing to do a ton of acheivement specific stuff if I want to unlock everything with mastery points given that they seem like they're pretty "necessary".

    Still hate the RGB setup they have with it, reminds me too much of the Aegis system from TSW and while it doesn't have the drawbacks that Aegis did it still feels annoying as hell.

    I did manage to log in right before the zone boss last night, that was pretty cool. Learned how to parachute as well (I guess I didn't pay attention when the game told me?) and did almost all the 10 post-boss bosses, holy hell I'm gonna need bigger bags because they just absolutely vomit loot at you. Was almost considering buying the crafting storage increase and some more bag/bank slots last night while dealing with it.

    As much good as the PoF gear change to turn gear drops into stackable items did for inventory management, Inventory Wars continues to be the most challenging part of the game to me. In that it's awful and not fun and I hate doing it, but it's necessary to continue playing -_-

    Overall though, I'm really digging the zone. I'd love to see the concept expanded considerably, with both smaller scale zones designed for small groups (thinking like a 5-man dungeon or 10-man strike where you need to be far more strategic with play and resources) and far, far larger on something approaching more of the WvW scale. Seriously, this kinda shit - a nonstop war with a push and pull between NPC's and players - has been a dream of mine forever.

    One random Q: Supplies are used as currency for stuff and rebuilding but...does rebuilding have a purpose? I mean, I kinda enjoy going and dumping thousands of supplies into rebuilding bases, makes me happy, but I'm not sure if there's even a point to doing so. I assume it makes them more resilient when enemies attack, but don't really see much of an indication of specifically what or how in-game.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-06-04 at 07:57 PM.

  11. #37531
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,517
    Rebuilding has two purposes.

    One is that there's 'special missions' that ask you to upgrade/repair the structures.

    If your map isn't full upgrading structures gives people time to respond to events.

    The Ice map, Bjora or whatever gives you access to bigger bags that aren't too hard to craft.

  12. #37532
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Rebuilding has two purposes.

    One is that there's 'special missions' that ask you to upgrade/repair the structures.

    If your map isn't full upgrading structures gives people time to respond to events.

    The Ice map, Bjora or whatever gives you access to bigger bags that aren't too hard to craft.
    Man, I've never really bothered too much with crafting. I know, I know, I know...I'm forever behind and should work on that at some point.

    I did get some random achieve to repair entry doors which was nice. There doesn't seem to be too much else to spend supplies on beyond morale boosts and recipes for siege weaponry, so it doesn't appear I'm "missing out" on anything by dumping them into rebuilding the bases. I like rebuilding bases, it makes me happy to see somewhere I just torched to the ground get rebuilt all nice and pretty.

    I'll have to see if I can pick up some cheap bags for now and look into what I'd need to do for the Bjora Marches bags in case that's feasible.

    Thanks for the tips!

    Edit: Apparently I can make some 24 slotters without too much investment outside of the runes. Haven't looked at this shit in ages, glad it's way easier than I thought it would be! Should be an extra 18 slots all told, so that's basically replacing my three 18 slot bags with a free fourth one, yay!
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-06-04 at 10:25 PM.

  13. #37533
    Since this has been so Charr heavy and I had a couple instant 80s in the bank I decided to roll a 3rd Charr so Id have one from every legion. In that process I decided to do a prof I never tried before (cooking) and holy shit is it the most bullshit profession I can think of from any game off the top of my head. First off 99% of your recipes you gotta discover on your own which is insanely annoying when you find out you are still missing one ingredient after trying 2 million combos, then after a certain point you run out of orange recipes that give skill ups and you will only level up off of discoveries. Also half the fucking recipes require BoA ingredients from different karma/heart vendors all over the map. Oh yeah and then there is some bullshit master chef achievement/quest that requires you to run to the major towns and craft items for the cooks which just so happens to require the BoA ingredients you can't buy from the AH. Thank god for the wiki though as I dont see how anyone could figure out the recipes unless that literally had every single crafting ingredient and then used the foods name ingredient in the first slot and just kept crafting until they ran out of discoveries with it.

    Now I'm stuck at 494 until I either go spend a could hours on the wiki looking at what recipes I still need and farming the hearts/karma for ingredients or waiting for the four winds event thing where I think you can buy shit without the hassle.

    Getting my skyscale was less of a pain.

  14. #37534
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I can't add anything to this other than I am not surprised from the clowns that work at ANet, bunch of sjw feminist nuts and hipster bois.

    I can't tell if this is real or troll

    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...or-revolution/
    Well, open sedition would get you fired from most places. Put in jail in most countries.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruion894 View Post
    May not reflect well professionally... but she's not wrong?
    ????

    I think I entered the wrong forum. I'm gonna just back out of here REALLY slowly ok.


  15. #37535
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Getting my skyscale was less of a pain.
    The crafting grind has kept me away from crafting for a while. Which sucks, because crafting remains a pretty core part of the game overall.

    One day I'll power through it, but I was even trying to clear out some raw mats into refined mats for my crafting inventory and realized I didn't have any professions to process wood...weaponsmithing (sorta leveled) seemed like it was it but upon realizing that I'd probably have to spend a solid hour crafting to get high enough to process most of the raw wood I gave up : /

    And I still have yet to finish that last part of the skyscale grind. I really should since I'm playing again, but going back to all those zones to farm the shit outta their crafting materials (or buy them with the bajora marches currency) is just...ugh.

    On the bright side, still loving the shit outta the latest zone. It's tons of fun, I love that you slowly acquire tons of "passive" achievements from drops that give you all kinds of rewards for simply doing helpful stuff without you needing to specifically target them for completion unless you really want to.

    Really, really hoping that we see this kind of zone design expanded upon in the future. The possibilities of both smaller scale stuff (10-man strikes where you're battling over a few pieces of territory) or far, far larger persistent multi-zone maps a la WvW proper would be incredible. That'd be an expansion worth addition right there.

  16. #37536
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The crafting grind has kept me away from crafting for a while. Which sucks, because crafting remains a pretty core part of the game overall.

    One day I'll power through it, but I was even trying to clear out some raw mats into refined mats for my crafting inventory and realized I didn't have any professions to process wood...weaponsmithing (sorta leveled) seemed like it was it but upon realizing that I'd probably have to spend a solid hour crafting to get high enough to process most of the raw wood I gave up : /

    And I still have yet to finish that last part of the skyscale grind. I really should since I'm playing again, but going back to all those zones to farm the shit outta their crafting materials (or buy them with the bajora marches currency) is just...ugh.

    On the bright side, still loving the shit outta the latest zone. It's tons of fun, I love that you slowly acquire tons of "passive" achievements from drops that give you all kinds of rewards for simply doing helpful stuff without you needing to specifically target them for completion unless you really want to.

    Really, really hoping that we see this kind of zone design expanded upon in the future. The possibilities of both smaller scale stuff (10-man strikes where you're battling over a few pieces of territory) or far, far larger persistent multi-zone maps a la WvW proper would be incredible. That'd be an expansion worth addition right there.
    If you got gold or are willing to buy gems then trade for gold all the other professions are a cakewalk in comparison as you can just buy what ever you need from the ah. Also depending on how many chars you have you could possibly have quite a few of the boosters that increase crafting crit exp from their birthday rewards boxes and logins and stuff so make sure to use them when you want to actually max crafting. The last 25-50 or so points are typically the hardest and will cost a bit as you cant just rely on making 100 dowels or what ever so make sure you have your crafting boost up when your doing em.

    I would just leave an alt in the Bjora Marches map and do the two major event chains and grab chests every every day or two. You'll be able to trade in for the other currencies in no time and you shouldn't get burnt out like you might if you constantly try to grind the currency. Also the bounty board or what ever its called you can get for your home instance can help a bit. I kinda preferred doing that over the new zone.

    Also if you do go to the ah you can buy the new zones achievement things for like 5 silver if you wanna try an knock out a bunch in one or two goes on the map. I'm not sure if theres a set amount of them though so it might not be a good idea to go and buy a hundred ash legion reports or whatever they are called then end up needing to sell them on the ah for even cheaper than you bought em for.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-06-08 at 07:26 PM.

  17. #37537
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I can't add anything to this other than I am not surprised from the clowns that work at ANet, bunch of sjw feminist nuts and hipster bois.

    I can't tell if this is real or troll

    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...or-revolution/
    Don't cut yourself on that edge, kiddo.

  18. #37538
    It also helps if you have enough alts to just leave in the old zones and complete hearts to get the currency. Can do multiple easy hearts each day vs wandering around.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  19. #37539
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If you got gold or are willing to buy gems then trade for gold all the other professions are a cakewalk in comparison as you can just buy what ever you need from the ah. Also depending on how many chars you have you could possibly have quite a few of the boosters that increase crafting crit exp from their birthday rewards boxes and logins and stuff so make sure to use them when you want to actually max crafting. The last 25-50 or so points are typically the hardest and will cost a bit as you cant just rely on making 100 dowels or what ever so make sure you have your crafting boost up when your doing em.
    I've got enough gold to max out at least a few, just...no desire to spend the time doing it. Between needing to look at guides, a lot of buying/selling and standing around crafting etc. it's just not something that holds much appeal to me : /

    It's firmly a "me" issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I would just leave an alt in the Bjora Marches map and do the two major event chains and grab chests every every day or two. You'll be able to trade in for the other currencies in no time and you shouldn't get burnt out like you might if you constantly try to grind the currency. Also the bounty board or what ever its called you can get for your home instance can help a bit. I kinda preferred doing that over the new zone.
    Should probably do that with on of my alts. I've always been loathe to camp them out in a zone like that, but to your point it's likely far faster and less grindy/annoying than doing it in each individual map.

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Also if you do go to the ah you can buy the new zones achievement things for like 5 silver if you wanna try an knock out a bunch in one or two goes on the map. I'm not sure if theres a set amount of them though so it might not be a good idea to go and buy a hundred ash legion reports or whatever they are called then end up needing to sell them on the ah for even cheaper than you bought em for.
    Thankfully I managed to get them all via drops, all the achieves are fully unlocked so I'm just in the "slowly complete them as I'm getting badges" phase of things. It's quite enjoyable for me, I like getting lots of rewards for being helpful in non-combat things. Really, really glad that they have quite a few options to be of assistance behind the front lines, even if many still revolve around combat in some fashion.

    Edit: Only thing I don't like about the zone is the use of the vigilance/valor/resilience masteries. Really feel like it adds absolutely nothing to the narrative or gameplay and is a pointlessly tacked on addition for the sake of doing something with masteries. I wasn't a big fan of them to begin with but they sorta kinda had a point. I get that they sorta correspond to some of the legions you're fighting and that's not bad, but it just feels...boring AF.

    Really, really hoping they move away from this nonsense sooner rather than later and don't turn this into a persistent thing beyond Icebrood Saga.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-06-09 at 12:29 AM.

  20. #37540
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've got enough gold to max out at least a few, just...no desire to spend the time doing it. Between needing to look at guides, a lot of buying/selling and standing around crafting etc. it's just not something that holds much appeal to me : /

    It's firmly a "me" issue..
    I can understand. Yeah it does get boring runing from the broker to the crafting stations. If you ever decide to and don't have any instant 80 tickets you might want to do it on a lower level alt as you can get crazy levels from it with the boosters and stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Should probably do that with on of my alts. I've always been loathe to camp them out in a zone like that, but to your point it's likely far faster and less grindy/annoying than doing it in each individual map.
    It's crazy easy to get the ice with chest skills. Today I did the raven quiz, 1 raven puzzle and just a few nodes and like 5 chests I found on the map and got enough to make almost 3 32 slot bags. I woulda got a fuckton more but the meta events weren't up when I logged in and I didn't wanna play much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Edit: Only thing I don't like about the zone is the use of the vigilance/valor/resilience masteries. Really feel like it adds absolutely nothing to the narrative or gameplay and is a pointlessly tacked on addition for the sake of doing something with masteries. I wasn't a big fan of them to begin with but they sorta kinda had a point. I get that they sorta correspond to some of the legions you're fighting and that's not bad, but it just feels...boring AF.

    Really, really hoping they move away from this nonsense sooner rather than later and don't turn this into a persistent thing beyond Icebrood Saga.
    Unfortunately I'm guessing its going to stay as they carried mushrooms and stuff from HoT. Hopefully it's just minimal but since its actual dmg I'm not sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •