Sad that the previous 3 elite specs aren't a part of this beta as well, but may tinker around with warrior. Made one and the ability animations look nice at least.

DX11 beta is fuckin tight though. Seeing plenty of mixed reports and crashes which is expected, it's the first rolllout, but my quick testing is impressive. Basically doubled my FPS in Mistlock from 40-80ish, though have to keep characters shown on "lowest" as raising that still drops the framerate quite a bit. Shadow Behemoth on "lowest" was great as well, was keeping 70+ fps, usually close to my 100fps monitor cap (currently).

Need to play more, but the game is SO much more enjoyable without super inconsistent framerates and lots of micro stuttering, and I wasn't expecting to see gains this big with the first phase of the rollout.

Made one of each, it's been a while since I played one of my revenants, so didn't spend much time on that one. The elementalist was okay I guess, but I didn't bother heading anywhere to smash things proper.

Warrior was neat enough, so headed out to Orr to give it more of a go, it's got the old "Adrenaline fades quickly" issue, but it's interesting enough and had some nice play-feel to it.

It'd probably be helpful if they like, actually gave instructions on the new spec's when you pick one. I'm not going to read through to try to optimize the talents and stuff, so just tell me ahead of time which buttons to mash!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Bladesworn or whatever the warrior spec was called was pretty fun & i normally don't like warrior.
    sword & pistol felt like a good combo. the gunblade was cool but not sure how to use that special burst skill. in any real scenario there's no way to pull it off at full power unless you're carried by others.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

hey folks it's been a while and i just wanted to say hi
    and to mod edge good to see your still here as well /salute

In case you missed it, Amazon Gaming has another bonus pack code thing. This time it's 5 dye packs, much more potential than a bag.
    https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/guildwars2
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Last edited by Chadow; 2021-10-04 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Pretty sure thays thief. Thd previews usually have the class colors. Abd that looks looks like a scepter in the hand, matchng leaks (whixh have all been true)

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Anets Winter streaming schedule

Shows a third line of masteries if I'm reading that correctly?

Expansion will have 4 maps, which is expected
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-10-12 at 08:36 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Seige Turtles and whatever Revitalization Masteries are seem interesting. Not much interest in the rest for now. Jus hoping the masteries are better than the IBS ones, really disliked those.

Ladies and gentleman...i present you the worst showcase video of a new class on planet earth.
    Even worse than my youtube videos.
    All i learned is that "it protects allies with a shadow barrier"
    /end video

my face (-_-')

Specter

Scepter

What else do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Ladies and gentleman...i present you the worst showcase video of a new class on planet earth.
    Even worse than my youtube videos.
    All i learned is that "it protects allies with a shadow barrier"
    /end video

my face (-_-')
    About as informative as all the other reveal videos. Lore talk about the class, show off a few abilities, done. They'll get into the nitty gritty on the livestream as they have with the first/second wave of reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    About as informative as all the other reveal videos. Lore talk about the class, show off a few abilities, done. They'll get into the nitty gritty on the livestream as they have with the first/second wave of reveals.
    My expectations were too high...hence the disappointment.
    Im Thief main :d
    Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The other videos gave you a better idea about the class fantasy of that spec. Willbender has you be a dual wielding paladin parrying with your swords. Bladesworn is a samurai who wields a hefty blade and uses blackpowder to bolster his attacks. Virtuoso is an acrobat who uses his mind to consure daggers and sends them hurling as his enemy. Etc. All I know about this new spec is that it wields a mace and casts purple spell effects.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    All I know about this new spec is that it wields a mace and casts purple spell effects.
    Let me literally take the same information from the video and present it to you the way you did everything else:

Specter is a shadow-attuned defender of his homeland, using magic borrowed from the depths of darkness to tether their soul to anchor your physical form in this plane. Stalking through the shadows, the Specter is able to transport themselves through the battlefield keeping their allies at the brink of life with the sheer will drawn from their very soul.

People need to stop letting their high expectations devolve into confirmation bias that they didn't just hear the same information in the same way as everything else that they are using as examples. This is some serious smol-brain, russian facebook disinformation tactics people are absorbing to shit on video games they actually like. Dear god what insanity are people using to argue against things they actually hate?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Let me literally take the same information from the video and present it to you the way you did everything else:

Specter is a shadow-attuned defender of his homeland, using magic borrowed from the depths of darkness to tether their soul to anchor your physical form in this plane. Stalking through the shadows, the Specter is able to transport themselves through the battlefield keeping their allies at the brink of life with the sheer will drawn from their very soul.

People need to stop letting their high expectations devolve into confirmation bias that they didn't just hear the same information in the same way as everything else that they are using as examples. This is some serious smol-brain, russian facebook disinformation tactics people are absorbing to shit on video games they actually like. Dear god what insanity are people using to argue against things they actually hate?
    Ok, I'm glad you didn't overreact here, at least.

But yeah, all the videos are pretty much just small nibbles of each spec. Granted, I thought the Specter one was the most "Meh. /shrug" of them all, but it's pretty much the same video duration and quick mention of a mechanic that all the others have.
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2021-10-20 at 12:35 PM.

How important is the Elite Spec weapon typically? Are they like basically required to use for the elite spec? Because maces are my least favorite weapon archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    How important is the Elite Spec weapon typically? Are they like basically required to use for the elite spec? Because maces are my least favorite weapon archetype.
    "It depends!"

There are plenty of elite spec builds that end up not using the weapon. It all depends on how good the weapon is and how it fits into the build.

Sometimes even the theme of the spec ends up being ignored. For all we know, the best weapon for Untamed might still end up being ranged, much how the top Dragonhunter builds often ended up using melee.

It depends. I'm not familiar with all the elite specs, but some really need the weapon to shine while others can work well with any weapon. My DPS firebrand build all very much need the axe for maximum damage, but my support build uses standard weapons. My dragonhunter build doesn't use bow either since it's garbage, just standard sword/focus and greatsword.

Won't know how possible it is with these new specs until folks get in and start playing with them.

Looks like a minion of Mordremoth.