10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    God I had forgotten just how great the character birthday rewards are. Got a full set of cosmetic armor, 2 cosmetic weapons, a guaranteed wardrobe unlock, and got to pick an account bound dye. The dye would have been over 150 gold had I purchased it from the trader.
    Funny because some people through fits over the year 9 presents.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Funny because some people through fits over the year 9 presents.
    Sure its not as good as 6-8 since by then you got all three sets of the armor. But you still get wardrobe unlocks and stuff.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-01 at 05:41 PM.

OH SHIT BOYS Sylvanas Windrunner spotter playing Guild Wars 2, she quit WoW smh.

https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...StluEM8KG22KzW

Tis funny
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account

I was neutral towards the game getting fishing and boats now I'm interested. They've clearly put a lot thought into the systems. Now I'm excited for the finished products.

10+ Year Old Account

The dodge mention...wondering if that means no dodge mechanic for the spec? I don't know squat about the lore, but it seems like the current heavy armor specializations are both quite squishy based off the Willbender beta and this video.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically Gunbreaker from Final Fantasy lol, looks really cool though. Honestly makes me want to play Warrior.

I feel like Square Enix might file a CnD, but that's dope and very unexpected. Dig that it changes between the gunblade and sword/oh pistol.

The magical ammo feels a bit odd for a Warrior - I haven't played mine in ages and don't know the HoT/PoF specializations well, but do they regularly use magic?

Either way, dope. I'm jealous now, Willbender and the mobility was cool and all, but fuckin gunblades yo. Warrior population gonna be booming with wannabe Squall's runnin around.

I was hoping for basic samurai. I don't really care for gun based classes, so it's a bit of a letdown for me. guess I'm in the minority there.

As a Gunlancer in MH series, the Gunblade looks really damn cool. It looks more like Switch-axe gameplay, but I love the mix swordplay and explosives, with some subtle ranged attacks thrown in.

As someone who had no interest in the Warrior class, this actually appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dig that it changes between the gunblade and sword/oh pistol.

The magical ammo feels a bit odd for a Warrior - I haven't played mine in ages and don't know the HoT/PoF specializations well, but do they regularly use magic
    It was funny when I'm watching the video and trying to figure out what the new weapon was, since they have rifles/ sword/ greatsword already. Then at the end there they mention offhand pistol and I'm like "oh, gotcha". Should be neat enough, I assume some kind of necromancer/holo type "build up energy", but maybe an Adrenaline tweak.

For magic, hard to judge really, since a berserker is all on fire and stuff, but they have a torch, so that's not magic I guess. Maybe it depends on how "magic" it feels. I didn't really like the feel of Berserker, so hopefully this is fun and I can just swap that guy to this, assuming Asura get some nice animations with it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    holo type
    From what I'm reading this seems to be the general consensus. But we've got the next beta event kicking off next week (Sept. 21-25) and I imagine they'll do another pre-beta specialization stream, so we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Virtuoso looks cool.
    Harbinger looks incredibly meh.
    Willbender looks like a less cool version of dual sword Revenant.
    Vindicator looks decent.
    Bladesworn looks a little cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Basically Gunbreaker from Final Fantasy lol, looks really cool though. Honestly makes me want to play Warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I feel like Square Enix might file a CnD, but that's dope and very unexpected. Dig that it changes between the gunblade and sword/oh pistol.

The magical ammo feels a bit odd for a Warrior - I haven't played mine in ages and don't know the HoT/PoF specializations well, but do they regularly use magic?

Either way, dope. I'm jealous now, Willbender and the mobility was cool and all, but fuckin gunblades yo. Warrior population gonna be booming with wannabe Squall's runnin around.
    I don't get the FF gunblade comparisons. It looks and is wielded nothing like Squall's gunblade or Gunbreakers in FF14. The draw pose is indeed stereotypical anime samurai draw cuts, but that's it. No FF gunblade wielders ever used that pose. The Bladesworn's Gunsaber reminds me more of the swords the Cygnar use in Warmachine.

Except with fire themed elemental attacks rather than lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't get the FF gunblade comparisons. I
    Cuz it's a gun. with a blade. A gunblade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's literally a sword with a gun mounted on the base (or vice versa, if you prefer) and the video shows them swinging it with little explosions going off when it hits.

It's preeeeeeetty familiar.

That said, FF doesn't own the concept of gunblades, and it's not like every other fantasy trope isn't copied from everywhere else, so I'm not gonna bash ANet for using it.
    It also has inspiration from Samurai as well, but they say that it's a blade with magic imbued bullets loaded into the gun. Replace magic with Aether and that is quite literally the same description of the gunblade. I don't think anyone's mad about it, it's just kinda amusing. The elite spec looks really fun honestly.

Also elementalist Elite Spec announced

- - - Updated - - -

Do any of the elite specs announced in a new expansion share weapons? If not, then I guess the theory that Ranger is getting a hammer is out of the window. Which I'm happy with because I don't really like hammers as a weapon.

Like a Gunbreaker/Samurai mix from FFXIV. Seems interesting.

Really does make me want to give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also has inspiration from Samurai as well, but they say that it's a blade with magic imbued bullets loaded into the gun. Replace magic with Aether and that is quite literally the same description of the gunblade. I don't think anyone's mad about it, it's just kinda amusing. The elite spec looks really fun honestly.

[video=youtube;Nu1lYnbQmZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu1lYnbQmZM[/vido]

- - - Updated - - -

Do any of the elite specs announced in a new expansion share weapons? If not, then I guess the theory that Ranger is getting a hammer is out of the window. Which I'm happy with because I don't really like hammers as a weapon.
    Both xpacs had classes that received the same weapon.

These elementalists are a steady presence in melee combat
    Sure...on the floor...horizontal...like melee ele's already are : 3

I dig it though, any time they can break free of fantasy stereotypes like this I'm on board.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do, Harbinger and Bladesworn for example are both pistol. The leak for the remaining elite spec weapons also came from an in-game box of equipment for each class which has been accurate for all the reveals thus far, pretty much confirming it

On the elementalist front I'm eager to actually play it during the beta. For my first legendary I'm making either The Shining Blade (because for all its flaws and weaknesses, weaver is still by far my favorite spec in this game) or Sharur (if Catalyst really wows me)
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2021-09-16 at 05:24 PM.