Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    PoF HP's will be fairly easy to get, but HoT has quite a few hard to get to/group HP's. If you can luck out and find a HoT HP train I'd join along as best you can, though not having all the WP's and mounts may make keeping up more difficult.
    I joined one once a long time ago. If you don't already know your way around and don't have the masteries and mounts it's impossible to keep up with a steadily moving HP train in HoT zones.

It was SUPER aggravating.

Fuck HoT, the story was good, but the zones were terrible because it was so incredibly frustrating and time consuming to get around them...even on a mount because there's so many platforming game type situations where the mounts just simply don't have the movement precision necessary to navigate those areas without falling a million feet to your death...not to mention pocket raptors everywhere always dismounting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    True enough and i have so much content ahead of me the gold will come eventually from just finishing those things up, the gathering tools are nice but i just bought all the expansions and some living story content so want to get some value out of that before spending another 30 something euros on an in game perk.

Do not have much use for gems other than those things so will eventually grab them, the option to buy key and packs including keys due to the Lootbox ban here.
    Yeah, you can eventually pick them up. Also, big shoutout do doing the "normal" daily mission each day since that's a free like...5g I think? (there are dailies for a ton of specific zones but also a "general" one that's fairly easy to complete the steps for). Not a ton, but it's just some extra gold to help out as you're working on other stuff.

I don't think I've ever really purchased keys/lockboxes myself, everything has been direct buys from the store (mounts, additional shared inventory space, costumes etc.) You can find the keys randomly (they're super rare) but if you're not looking for rare cosmetics you'll definitely get more bang for your buck buying directly. Also once you have plenty of gold (if ever) you can always exchange it for gems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Fuck HoT, the story was good, but the zones were terrible because it was so incredibly frustrating and time consuming to get around them...even on a mount because there's so many platforming game type situations where the mounts just simply don't have the movement precision necessary to navigate those areas without falling a million feet to your death...not to mention pocket raptors everywhere always dismounting you.
    Eh, mounts address a LOT of the issues, especially gryphon/drake. There are ways to get around the platforming (leap off your mount and glide down, or just swap mounts). But yeah, getting around without them and/or the corresponding zone masteries is rough.

And yes, fuck pocket raptors and I'm glad they've largely kept them to HoT. Bloody awful mobs, truly terrible. Not fun, challenging, or interesting, just absurdly annoying. I kinda want to replay through the story at some point since I've forgotten most of it, but my hatred for those zones remains so strong that I can't bring myself to do much more than go for the Tarir meta or something. Too many nightmares of my character getting batted around like a chump and getting horribly lost with unclear multi-level maps.

Yeah, you can eventually pick them up. Also, big shoutout do doing the "normal" daily mission each day since that's a free like...5g I think? (there are dailies for a ton of specific zones but also a "general" one that's fairly easy to complete the steps for). Not a ton, but it's just some extra gold to help out as you're working on other stuff.

I don't think I've ever really purchased keys/lockboxes myself, everything has been direct buys from the store (mounts, additional shared inventory space, costumes etc.) You can find the keys randomly (they're super rare) but if you're not looking for rare cosmetics you'll definitely get more bang for your buck buying directly. Also once you have plenty of gold (if ever) you can always exchange it for gems.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, mounts address a LOT of the issues, especially gryphon/drake. There are ways to get around the platforming (leap off your mount and glide down, or just swap mounts). But yeah, getting around without them and/or the corresponding zone masteries is rough.

And yes, fuck pocket raptors and I'm glad they've largely kept them to HoT. Bloody awful mobs, truly terrible. Not fun, challenging, or interesting, just absurdly annoying. I kinda want to replay through the story at some point since I've forgotten most of it, but my hatred for those zones remains so strong that I can't bring myself to do much more than go for the Tarir meta or something. Too many nightmares of my character getting batted around like a chump and getting horribly lost with unclear multi-level maps.
    With normal i guess you mean the non PvP ones? Might start doing them have not really bothered with them all that much. I used to buy quite a few of keys for the boxes when the base game was current.

Luckily for the raptors as i am using a warrior axe/axe great sword setup i have enough AoE to deal with them quickly, i guess they did not want to make mounting too convenient when first introduced.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I only have the first 3 mounts from HoT (Raptor, Hopper and Skimmer), and had only the raptor when I went through HoT zones. The Hopper with the jump mastery is quite helpful, but all the Raptor did was help me get around a little faster and not die instantly when I fell because the Raptor died when I hit the ground.

I honestly CBA to go and do all the stuff necessary to get the Gryphon or Drake. I don't like the game enough to spend that much time doing that kind of stuff, never been my thing to go achievement hunting. More power to those who do that and like it, I just don't. Seeing the story is enough for me, for the most part.

This. The thought of going through the HoT zones again, with or without mounts and masteries is PTSD inducing. I praise the level design team for being able ot make the maps so layered and complex, and beautiful but the zones are exceedingly over the top and made even worse with the intentional placement of mobs to make traversing them as cumbersome and annoying as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily for the raptors as i am using a warrior axe/axe great sword setup i have enough AoE to deal with them quickly, i guess they did not want to make mounting too convenient when first introduced.
    Mounts were first introduced in PoF, well after HoT along with their devil children pocket raptors were introduced so the pocket raptors weren't specifically introduced as a mount deterrent.

With normal i guess you mean the non PvP ones? Might start doing them have not really bothered with them all that much. I used to buy quite a few of keys for the boxes when the base game was current.
    Well, those too. You can mix-and-match the PvE/sPvP/WvW ones depending on what you want to do, just need to complete three to get the daily "meta" achieve that rewards gold.

Oh...there were no mounts in HoT. These suckers were literally everywhere being a general menace to everything. And this was pre-daytime nerf (zones are less deadly during the day than they are at night) so they were even worse than you see now.

I did have a terrible build at the start of HoT, and garbage gear, but like...it worked plenty fine up to that point so it was a bit of a surprising wall to hit.

Well, those too. You can mix-and-match the PvE/sPvP/WvW ones depending on what you want to do, just need to complete three to get the daily "meta" achieve that rewards gold.

Oh...there were no mounts in HoT. These suckers were literally everywhere being a general menace to everything. And this was pre-daytime nerf (zones are less deadly during the day than they are at night) so they were even worse than you see now.

I did have a terrible build at the start of HoT, and garbage gear, but like...it worked plenty fine up to that point so it was a bit of a surprising wall to hit.
    Ah okay good to know i can mix and match them.

Was only just a guess, yeah noticed that day and night cycle the story highlights how it is more dangerous at night. Gladly my character was pretty well decked out and considering there is no real power creep i can easily do most content by just changing my build around.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

God I had forgotten just how great the character birthday rewards are. Got a full set of cosmetic armor, 2 cosmetic weapons, a guaranteed wardrobe unlock, and got to pick an account bound dye. The dye would have been over 150 gold had I purchased it from the trader.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    God I had forgotten just how great the character birthday rewards are. Got a full set of cosmetic armor, 2 cosmetic weapons, a guaranteed wardrobe unlock, and got to pick an account bound dye. The dye would have been over 150 gold had I purchased it from the trader.
    Funny because some people through fits over the year 9 presents.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Funny because some people through fits over the year 9 presents.
    Sure its not as good as 6-8 since by then you got all three sets of the armor. But you still get wardrobe unlocks and stuff.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-01 at 05:41 PM.

OH SHIT BOYS Sylvanas Windrunner spotter playing Guild Wars 2, she quit WoW smh.

https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...StluEM8KG22KzW

Tis funny
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I was neutral towards the game getting fishing and boats now I'm interested. They've clearly put a lot thought into the systems. Now I'm excited for the finished products.

The dodge mention...wondering if that means no dodge mechanic for the spec? I don't know squat about the lore, but it seems like the current heavy armor specializations are both quite squishy based off the Willbender beta and this video.

Basically Gunbreaker from Final Fantasy lol, looks really cool though. Honestly makes me want to play Warrior.

I feel like Square Enix might file a CnD, but that's dope and very unexpected. Dig that it changes between the gunblade and sword/oh pistol.

The magical ammo feels a bit odd for a Warrior - I haven't played mine in ages and don't know the HoT/PoF specializations well, but do they regularly use magic?

Either way, dope. I'm jealous now, Willbender and the mobility was cool and all, but fuckin gunblades yo. Warrior population gonna be booming with wannabe Squall's runnin around.

I was hoping for basic samurai. I don't really care for gun based classes, so it's a bit of a letdown for me. guess I'm in the minority there.

As a Gunlancer in MH series, the Gunblade looks really damn cool. It looks more like Switch-axe gameplay, but I love the mix swordplay and explosives, with some subtle ranged attacks thrown in.

As someone who had no interest in the Warrior class, this actually appeals to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Dig that it changes between the gunblade and sword/oh pistol.

The magical ammo feels a bit odd for a Warrior - I haven't played mine in ages and don't know the HoT/PoF specializations well, but do they regularly use magic
    It was funny when I'm watching the video and trying to figure out what the new weapon was, since they have rifles/ sword/ greatsword already. Then at the end there they mention offhand pistol and I'm like "oh, gotcha". Should be neat enough, I assume some kind of necromancer/holo type "build up energy", but maybe an Adrenaline tweak.

For magic, hard to judge really, since a berserker is all on fire and stuff, but they have a torch, so that's not magic I guess. Maybe it depends on how "magic" it feels. I didn't really like the feel of Berserker, so hopefully this is fun and I can just swap that guy to this, assuming Asura get some nice animations with it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    holo type
    From what I'm reading this seems to be the general consensus. But we've got the next beta event kicking off next week (Sept. 21-25) and I imagine they'll do another pre-beta specialization stream, so we'll find out for sure soon enough.