Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Will you move your GW1 toons into the new content/game when GW2 hits? Kind of like a wow expansion that just increases toon lvl cap?
    No. Both games will be separate. You will be able to link your GW1 account to your GW2 account to unlock the Hall of Monuments rewards that you've earned, however.
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-07-27 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will you move your GW1 toons into the new content/game when GW2 hits? Kind of like a wow expansion that just increases toon lvl cap?
    GW2 is a brand new game. While your GW1 toons may earn you perks if you've gotten certain achievements, you will not be migrating them to GW2.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

They're totally separate, but there is some link: GW2 is set 250yrs in the future of GW1, and I'm enjoying playing Prophecies and getting some of the lore. There's also the Hall of Monuments, where you can earn some gear and titles for GW2 - nothing that gives you any real advantage though. But GW1 is dead cheap, so you might as well try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Jesh, there won't be "tanking" please stop already.
    firstly wtf is your problem? maybe if you bothered to read you would understand what i was implying instead of getting your panties in a twist because you lack comprehension. i said they should increase the threshold range for aggro so DURING MY ROTATION TO TANK i can do it from range WHILE i have some group members dpsing in melee range. i mean ffs it's like you see the word "tanking/tank" and attach your stigmas to it without even comprehending it in context in which the word is framed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yeah as you said it's at around 49 mins.

Basically there is not aggro or threat AT ALL - the mob will attack the closest player, personally I'm rather disappointed with that concept.

Not that I want tanking quite the contrary - but as I see it it will effectively mean that shield warriors and shield Guardians WILL be considered tanks by the community because they will take the least damage.
    also what an assumption to think that just because guardians/warriors have shields it automatically means they are more durable. for all we know a Necro could end up being the most durable or an Earth attuned Ele. you make posts on these boards trying to belittle people as though they know nothing and you know best yet you made such a statement as that. /sigh
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

As the others said you can get a few perks unlocked through the hall of monuments but not the actual characters. However they have said that names will be somehow reserved through the HOM so you can at least go that far. They havent given us exact details how that will work to my knowledge though.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    firstly wtf is your problem? maybe if you bothered to read you would understand what i was implying instead of getting your panties in a twist because you lack comprehension. i said they should increase the threshold range for aggro so DURING MY ROTATION TO TANK i can do it from range WHILE i have some group members dpsing in melee range. i mean ffs it's like you see the word "tanking/tank" and attach your stigmas to it without even comprehending it in context in which the word is framed.

also what an assumption to think that just because guardians/warriors have shields it automatically means they are more durable. for all we know a Necro could end up being the most durable or an Earth attuned Ele. you make posts on these boards trying to belittle people as though they know nothing and you know best yet you made such a statement as that. /sigh
    I actually thought the same thing....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know if these have been linked already or not

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I actually thought the same thing....

in relation to my comment on aggro, professions durability, my impression of Maklor?
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2011-07-27 at 05:01 AM.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Oh so I made a post a few pages ago about my impressions of Guild Wars 2 at Comic-con but I would like to make one other notice. Ever since I've heard of the game I've been hooked but a strange feeling was growing inside. Particularly "I've been burned before by hype, what if this game is doing the same ?" Now I just want to say, to anyone with a similar feeling, it is much much better then what you think it is. it controls beautifully, it is a beautiful game(although the character models are not amazing but i have a feeling those are getting updated a lot since they have not allowed people to customize characters yet) and the combat is wonderful and dynamic, also it gets hard when fighting multiple mobs.

Lastly....have faith, the wait will be over soon.

Now I'm going to cry because I wish I played the Demo even more.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Now I'm going to cry because I wish I played the Demo even more.
    Lucky, I wish I was able to play the Demo at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's good to hear man. glad to hear that the game is shaping up pretty well. i wonder if/when they will announce that they are in closed alpha/beta though. oh and i wish i could be experiencing withdrawal atm too

Deleted
    Okey ... I don't know if it has been said but I see some aggro discussion. So... at the moment in guildwars2 aggro has a person that stay the closest to mob.

Has anyone documented any of the underwater thief abilities yet? :X

Does GW have Achivment system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Does GW have Achivment system?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement

God i can't wait for this game =) Luckily Dice/EA just dropped me an invite for BF3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrima View Post
    Has anyone documented any of the underwater thief abilities yet? :X
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_thief_skills

Pretty nice interview about mostly Necromancers but there is some good information on the game in general in there.

Interview

If you’re a necromancer you might have to eat the hearts of creatures and do things that feel like they fit that vibe of what you would expect out of a necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Pretty nice interview about mostly Necromancers but there is some good information on the game in general in there.

Interview
    yummie info in that one, nice find. /sigh again the choice of which class to play first has gotten harder.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrima View Post
    Awesome, thanks!
    np man

for those who want some more in-depth Q7A with Colin, this is from TTH with Sardu doing the interview and they discuss Dungeons and UWC. very good read.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/sdcc/2011/dungeons-and-underwater-interview