Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The advice I read (and followed), is to start on Nightfall first because you unlock heroes quickly.
    In my experience, you'll have 3 heroes (including MOX) by level 10.
    Thanks, I'll try that first then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Well if personal story "events" have no relation to each other and can be done (or not done) in any order, that's great. If not, that is terrible.
    It would be pretty silly if you could do them in any order, since they tell your "personal story". You don't have to do the personal story stuff, but I would assume (read: hope) that you can't skip any, or do them in a messed up order. It would make no sense since it's one big story arc. You read books chapter per chapter, not chapter 5 first then 3, then 8, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Also, if some guy tells me to go to the crypt to kill sceletons, I can ignore him and kill whomever I want (or do anything else) to get to next quest giver and never come back. That is only way the good game are made. If I have to do whichever tutorial (or any else) quests to be able to progress in game, that's terrible.
    everything in gw2 is optional. If you want to level by only killing a single pirate, wait till it respawns, kill it again, and so on, until you hit 80, noone will stop you.
    if you don't like a certain event, you can just move on and let farmer bob get molested by centaurs.

There is a reason why games have tutorials. The ones in gw2 are pretty short, and you only have to do them once per character, like any other game.

If you actually want to look up something about the game, which I doubt you want to, but whatever, check the ascalon catacombs intro video. It's a newer version of their conversation cutscenes, and a huge improvement.

btw, for the people talking about concept art vs ingame, here's a nice gif i found on gw2 guru

Last edited by jvbastel; 2011-08-02 at 04:36 PM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    For what it's worth the community in the original GW was pretty horrid, the advantage was that you only had to deal with people in outposts.
    The only real problem I had was with some of the pvp crowd. But for the most part the community was as good or as bad as almost any other mmo (gaming community) out there.

Probably the worst I've encountered was League of Legends....well maybe the Xbox Live community trumps theres.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The only real problem I had was with some of the pvp crowd. But for the most part the community was as good or as bad as almost any other mmo (gaming community) out there.

Probably the worst I've encountered was League of Legends....well maybe the Xbox Live community trumps theres.
    I don't have that big problems with the LoL community, can be annoying, be hell, forums are way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I don't have that big problems with the LoL community, can be annoying, be hell, forums are way worse.
    I'm mostly thinking of the forums. The actual games are hit and miss. Mostly they are cool but those times in which you get an asshat really overshadow any of the good community.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm mostly thinking of the forums. The actual games are hit and miss. Mostly they are cool but those times in which you get an asshat really overshadow any of the good community.
    Forums are made for mostly complains, and so players think they get heard on their long rant why X sucks, and should be removed.

I am in immense physical pain waiting for this game to come out. Every day i log onto WoW and i just think to myself......man i wish this was guild wars 2. I fly around stormwind for a little....and then log off to go watch more guild wars 2 videos. Is this healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Manler View Post
    I am in immense physical pain waiting for this game to come out. Every day i log onto WoW and i just think to myself......man i wish this was guild wars 2. I fly around stormwind for a little....and then log off to go watch more guild wars 2 videos. Is this healthy?
    It's normal. That's all I have to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone should find a remedy for that. It's also quite contagious
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYe1JKdrdI
    At about 25:30, has a little more background to some of the reasoning, but, loosely paraphrased, she mentions a goal between High Elf-like and "A walking, talking tree" while mentioning they think they got it.

Also, Sylvari Week, which is basically a bunch of information regarding the race, will be next week, August 8th, as seen here:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...087#post824087
    "- Sylvari week will be next week." Posted Yesterday

HOPE I HELPED.
    Fuck. Yes.

And I can finally decide if my first character will be Sylvari or Charr. (Sylvari will have to reeeally impress me at this point, Charr are just too zomgamazing)

GW1 community didn't start getting shitty until Nightfall-ish era. PvE, that is. During Prophecies in particular the community was remarkably helpful. I'm going to agree on the progression and boredom theory. Then add in the elitists and trolls. Remember to cherish those first few months/years of any game, because it's only a matter of time before a community begins to degrade and it's a steep and slippery slope...

P.S. Stop answering Tackhisis, he likes to trolololol this thread.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-08-02 at 06:13 PM.

Well, I think I found one of your problems. You seem to be playing Alliance. if you fix that, it will take care of the physical pain. j/k

If you do deal with physical pain brought on by boredom, then do see a doctor. Secondly, you can also try other, safe, activities that you haven't tried before.

Sadly I'm afraid that this is a pandemic that is rapidly spreading throughout forums of all kinds. There is no cure as far as I know. Just have to wait it out. =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

And I can finally decide if my first character will be Sylvari or Charr. (Sylvari will have to really impress me at this point, Charr are just too zomgamazing)
    I'm also in this predicament, I was going to choose between one of these two as my first race for my main but upon seeing the Sylvari locked it down to Charr. As far as I'm aware they are redesigning the Sylvari to be more feral/savage looking rather than cutesy elf types which has caught my attention again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    GW1 community didn't start getting shitty until Nightfall-ish era. PvE, that is. During Prophecies in particular the community was remarkably helpful.
    I agree with this and its the heroes to blame because people became anti social elitists that only used the highest synergy and high output groups. I hope this trend doesn't contine into GW2, although its seems unlikely due to the main story being sealed off to a mainly solo experience from what im aware to and that other types of game play other than PvP has no need for groups.

Im having a real hard time deciding between norn or charr i suppose. I just feel like the charr are going to be incredibly overpopulated but i guess that shouldn't stop me seeing as how im not a hipster.

Deleted
    Im having a real hard time deciding between norn or charr i suppose. I just feel like the charr are going to be incredibly overpopulated but i guess that shouldn't stop me seeing as how im not a hipster.
    I wouldnt count on a furry to be overpopulated.

Still have to see sylvari, but i'd say humans and sylvari will be most populated

Quote Originally Posted by Fir3line View Post
    I wouldnt count on a furry to be overpopulated.Still have to see sylvari, but i'd say humans and sylvari will be most populated
    Idk, worgen and tauren are pretty popular in WoW or maybe my idea of popular is scewed because they are just more noticable in a crowd. Either way you will have your forever alone cat lovers who will go charr and also all the warriors who have to be the biggest available character simply because they are a warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    charr and human are usually the most popular in polls.
    I myself will play a norn probably.

Why? Norn don't need reasoning, they're Norn!
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they release it during 2011 I seriously can't wait!!!
    So many good games being released in short time!
    "Guild Wars II", "Diablo III", "Skyrim", "Modern Warfare III" and "TERA"!!!

Deleted
    Idk, worgen and tauren are pretty popular in WoW or maybe my idea of popular is scewed because they are just more noticable in a crowd. Either way you will have your forever alone cat lovers who will go charr and also all the warriors who have to be the biggest available character simply because they are a warrior

You have to see this the other way around.

Racials, cant really determine a good estimate i wow, since druids could only be taurens for so long, tauren tanks were better and so on, and pretty good racial.
    Undead and human are the most popular races in wow

Worgen are not that popular neither, just new, and got a decent racial

/sigh i want this game to come out already, i thought playing it at comic con would sate me...but now i hunger for so much more. Also, they better make the Kodan a playable race eventually in that game, it only make sense from all the lore, architecture, and design put into them.