1. #421
    well before you cancel your wow sub yet just be aware that GW2 probably won't be out for at least 6 months, possibly not even this year.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well before you cancel your wow sub yet just be aware that GW2 probably won't be out for at least 6 months, possibly not even this year.
    Good money (i.e. 99.9%) says it will not be out this year.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Good money (i.e. 99.9%) says it will not be out this year.
    I believe Anet said they will hopefully have either closed beta or open beta by the end of this year.

  4. #424
    I also cancelled wow after I found out about GW2. And I don't care if it's still a year until it's out. I bought GW1 to get some points in Hall Of Monuments, and even though there's a few things I really don't like about GW1, I love that I get cooler looking gear for GW2. :P

  5. #425
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    I believe Anet said they will hopefully have either closed beta or open beta by the end of this year.
    And they feel that Beta's are basically just game demos and for last minute changes, so we can expect the game at least a month after the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    I believe Anet said they will hopefully have either closed beta or open beta by the end of this year.
    Well, alpha is going on now from what I've heard. And beta will 99% be this year (closed). I doubt they will have an open beta as another poster already said.

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, alpha is going on now from what I've heard. And beta will 99% be this year (closed). I doubt they will have an open beta as another poster already said.
    Ahhhh ok cool, yeah i knew there was going to be a beta just wasn't sure if it was opened or closed. Better keep an eye on the site so i can sign up for closed beta

  8. #428
    The Lightbringer Kouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,622
    Some of that stat and skill and Action bar stuff seems a bit complicated.
    The action bars feel restricted, ill have to play it to tell.

    But the rest of it is really something eh, no quests fuck ya!

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The amount of actual gameplay is laughable comparing to prerendered CGI scenes. Makes one think why company is so reluctant to actually present their product. Possibly it's related to lack of monthly fee?

    P.S. Also, the frame which shew characters wearing $$-store outfits (without comment) was great.
    Ummm excuse me? What pre-rendered cgi? The only things that aren't actual in game graphics are the artistic mostly 2d cinematics. What you see is what you get.

  10. #430
    <videos>
    See? All 'epicness' is gone, as only you move to actual gameplay.

    Also:
    Save the hamlet from pirates
    Pirates remaining: 8
    Fires still burning: 17

    I remember someone was ripping apart his shirt stating that there are no quests (at all)? Funny how they have this 'Kill X quest' up into their face.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    See? All 'epicness' is gone, as only you move to actual gameplay.

    Also:
    Save the hamlet from pirates
    Pirates remaining: 8
    Fires still burning: 17

    I remember someone was ripping apart his shirt stating that there are no quests (at all)? Funny how they have this 'Kill X quest' up into their face.
    Please do a little research before talking about things you don't know about. Those aren't hard numbers. They change with the amount of people in the event. This particular event is not a quest for a couple reasons:

    1) you never have to talk to an npc to do it
    2) you don't personally have to kill ALL the pirates to get a full reward
    3) you are not required to do this event, or any event

    Also there are quest-like things in the game. It's called your personal story. But it only resembles quests in that you talk to people. It's a story. In a movie people talk to each other, and in the personal story you talk to people.

    It's perfectly fine to dislike the game if it's not your thing, but quit trolling. Why are you here if you think it's so dumb?
    Last edited by Talaaya; 2011-05-04 at 08:03 AM.

  12. #432
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    See? All 'epicness' is gone, as only you move to actual gameplay.

    Also:
    Save the hamlet from pirates
    Pirates remaining: 8
    Fires still burning: 17

    I remember someone was ripping apart his shirt stating that there are no quests (at all)? Funny how they have this 'Kill X quest' up into their face.
    "Epicness" is gone? Compare it to WoW.

    The only thing that you lose going from the Skill demos on the websites and Average Joe playing at PAX is the special cameras. It's still the same damn thing.

    As for the "quest." They didn't run up to a guy with an exclamation mark over his head to initiate it, he just fucking ran in on a pirate raid on a hamlet. Using the counter as an argument point is bullshit. Just because they have something keeping track of your progress and objectives, that doesn't mean it's a quest.

    Seriously, shut your face and get out of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  13. #433
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The amount of actual gameplay is laughable comparing to prerendered CGI scenes. Makes one think why company is so reluctant to actually present their product. Possibly it's related to lack of monthly fee?
    Is this another one of your troll-and-run posts? Because those are getting tiring.

    Right now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember a single bit of CGI pre-rendered footage. I don't think I've seen any, actually, all we've gotten so far is concept art (piles of it) and in-game footage (again, piles of it, just check Blznsmri's post. Perhaps you're mixing things up with the all-CGI Cataclysm trailer?

    P.S. Also, the frame which shew characters wearing $$-store outfits (without comment) was great.
    It is, because costumes don't affect gameplay in any way. I'm sorry you don't have disposable income to waste on silly things like pretty pixel clothes. I've bought almost all of them and thought they were well worth the money, and at the same time I was supporting a company I think is doing pretty great work.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

    Also:
    Save the hamlet from pirates
    Pirates remaining: 8
    Fires still burning: 17
    Can you please show me where did you see a mob counter, because i know for sure that you lie. ArenaNet said that there won't be counters for mobs because content scales and it would be ridiculous to have 4/16 and then 4/20. Instead of that they have a morale bar that you fill by killing mobs.


    Btw, there are ingame videos with much better quality. Here's a 54 minute one. Awesome quality.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoICk5E9X7g
    Last edited by Verterdegete; 2011-05-04 at 10:30 AM.

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
    Can you please show me where did you see a mob counter, because i know for sure that you lie.
    Last video.
    Quote Originally Posted by midwintersong View Post
    Perhaps you're mixing things up with the all-CGI Cataclysm trailer?
    It was clearly scripted, not real-time and created with higher detail/postprocessing level that is in real game engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They didn't run up to a guy with an exclamation mark over his head to initiate it, he just fucking ran in on a pirate raid on a hamlet... Just because they have something keeping track of your progress and objectives, that doesn't mean it's a quest.
    It is the quest. How the presence or absence ?-mark makes any difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Talaaya View Post
    This particular event is not a quest for a couple reasons:
    1) you never have to talk to an npc to do it
    2) you don't personally have to kill ALL the pirates to get a full reward
    3) you are not required to do this event, or any event.
    As you're not required to do any other quest. And in most frequent situation, it's you who have personally kill X pirates, and not one less. Or will I get half of reward if I kill only 4 and go away?

    I cannot stand when people posting excited sheets of text, claiming that the black is white, misleading other people.

  16. #436
    Tackhisis please leave, your ungrounded claims have been proven wrong multiple times, no matter how dense you act your arguments are still invalid.

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Guys don't dignify him with responses.
    This. Let him wallow in his ignorance.

    I tell you, how some people can't see what's right in front of their eyes...

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    ...your ungrounded claims have been proven wrong multiple times
    Like by this one-post wonder who claims I lie about feature clearly visible in video?

    If only you post facts instead of hype, and do not state things like (quest - "exclamation mark") != quest...

  19. #439
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Like by this one-post wonder who claims I lie about feature clearly visible in video?

    If only you post facts instead of hype, and do not state things like (quest - "exclamation mark") != quest...
    The game (outside of personal story, which we don't really know all that much about) won't have the stereotypical
    "Run to NPC X - kill/Loot/collect - run to npc x again - claim reward quests.
    Naming the guild wars dynamic events quests is like naming rifts in rift quests, they are basically the same thing, except guild wars DE's have more variety to them. If you want to call them quests, sure, why not. I'ld still rather kill mobs that are actively trying to overtake a city than "very dangerous mobs" standing still in a field, making no effort at all to kill you, unless you attack them.

    Also, the videos you were referring to are not pre-rendered CGI as stated before. Of course they show the most beautiful parts of the game/animations, but they all use the in-game engine.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Last video.
    It was clearly scripted, not real-time and created with higher detail/postprocessing level that is in real game engine.
    It is the quest. How the presence or absence ?-mark makes any difference?
    As you're not required to do any other quest. And in most frequent situation, it's you who have personally kill X pirates, and not one less. Or will I get half of reward if I kill only 4 and go away?

    I cannot stand when people posting excited sheets of text, claiming that the black is white, misleading other people.
    Let's go by arguments, What's wrong with the counters? They're an interface element.
    Does this guy actually play an MMORPG?
    What's wrong with quests, dude? I mean cataclysm had a bunch of rehashed quest zones and that was effing great. (And by effing great I mean Stonetalon was awesome ) What makes the game is not just the content. There's also the community, the mechanics and so fourth.
    It's your personal preference, but if you aint gonna make a constructive post of what's wrong with it, just dont post at all.

    Ontopic : What I like about this game is mostly the art/interface work.(from the vids). They should reveal some content to show us how storylines are gonna fit in with the game. I also think that not having quests is sortof dull. ON that quest thing : How far does the 'personal storyline' expand? Does it cover every event or does it only cover the road that gets you to 80 and from then on says 'screw you' and leaves you to do whatever you please or does it cover every major unfortunate event that gets involved in the story?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •