10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawnxxx View Post
    Although im not happy my Guildwars 2 thread was closed for this one I thought Id atleast share some of the info I was gonna post in here cause I love the Guildwars community and I want to make sure they have access to good information that might not be easly found.

Enjoy Ill be posting more finds soon. http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en

You can also select weapon slots that change your skill Bar bar in Mind everything 1 - 5 on your skill bar is changable while in combat 6 skill is your heal / self heal or support skills 7-9 are your predetermined abilites you choose not sure if those can be changed in combat or not im pretty sure they cannot. and skill 10 is your Elite

Also youll observe your elite skill selection changes depending on race if you select Norn youll see the diffrent animal forms you can choose from and humans can summon duel fire hounds to fight with them ( Human / Necro would be awesome )

Elementalist you can switch attunments right above your 1-4 skill bar which also changes on the fly while in combat with a 30secs CD.

Please Bare in mind this tool is no where near complete its missing many abilites for class and even races and some classes have not been included yet.

Are you stuck with those five weapon abilities or will there be more to chose from? Like Say I don't want to run a Riposte/ Deadly Riposte build and just want to go for like a Hundred Blades build. Are there more than just those few weapon skills? Or did they not have any extra at the PAX demos you played.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but GW2 (like GW1) will allow you to play competitive PvP without the hassle of having to level a character up to max. In GW1, this was done by giving you the option of creating a PvP-only character that was max level and had access to all the skills and upgrades you'd unlocked on your account.
    That's a way better system, thanks for explaining it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Are you stuck with those five weapon abilities or will there be more to chose from? Like Say I don't want to run a Riposte/ Deadly Riposte build and just want to go for like a Hundred Blades build. Are there more than just those few weapon skills? Or did they not have any extra at the PAX demos you played.
    Your weapons determin what your 5 skills are. Your main hand is the first 3 and your off hand the final 2. All 5 if a 2hand weapon ofcourse. Unless your a Thief, in which case, your first 2 are your main hand, final 2 are your off hand, and your 3rd is a combo from both. You alter the way the skills work etc via Triats.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Keep in mind.. there are class specific mechanism and weapon swapping system which allows you have much more abilities in combat ..not just 5-10..for example Warrior can use 21 abilities in combat even when you have only 10 slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Source for what exactly?
    For them trying to make gw2 into an e-sport.

Well when Factions came out that was the pinnacle of GW e-sport. They had 100k tournaments then as well. They want to go back to that popularity with GW2 and so that is what the structured pvp is for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    GW is actually an esport and PvP-events take place from time to time, I guess that's why he assumes that GW2 will be one as well.
    Or the fact the said it on the PAX panel :P

Though I presumme the guy asking for a source thinks an esport is what they show on MLG etc, not the fact it's about alot more than that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those wondering about what skills you can switch out, as you can see in the image below, there are 10 skills on the skill bar. The first five skills, (1-5) are determined by the weapon(s) you are using and can not be changed out for other skills, but if you switch weapons they will change. You are able to have two weapon sets to switch between in combat, so you could be using a bow and quickly switch to a 2hand sword and the first 5 skills would be completely different than the previous weapon. Skills 6-10 are able to be switched out for another skill of your choice while out of combat. Skill #6 is a healing skill, skills 7-9 are utility skills and skill #10 is the elite skill.

The F1, F2, and F3 skills are virtues which are unique to the Guardian profession. Other classes will have their own unique moves placed there. For example: Elementalist - Atunements, Warrior - Stances, etc.

Also for those who don't know much about the skill bar:
    Red globe = Health Globe, which displays current health
    Blue bar = Energy Bar - Icon next to the energy displays the amount of energy potions available
    Icons above health bar = Effects Monitor – displays conditions and boon effects of the character
    Double arrow icon = Weapon Swap
    F1, F2, F3 buttons = Mechanic Bar, which displays stances, virtues, atunements, and other resources depending on profession.

Can't see it in this picture, but the XP bar is located right under the skill bar and there is an option to enable or disable it.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-05 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so iv been looking around this thread for a bit now, reading links and such. world vs world sounds amazing from what i understand the 4 maps they have are all better forms of AV (BEFORE IT WAS MADE INTO A PVE SCRUB RUSH FEST)
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    so iv been looking around this thread for a bit now, reading links and such. world vs world sounds amazing from what i understand the 4 maps they have are all better forms of AV (BEFORE IT WAS MADE INTO A PVE SCRUB RUSH FEST)
    WvW is going to be 3 worlds randomly chosen every week.
    They go to a set of 4 maps in the mists which I suppose is 1 map for each world and a middle map that has objectives ( I think the world's starting map would also have objectives for enemy worlds).
    It is basically unorganized pvp so it is very much like normal world pvp but on a giant scale with 3 sides.
    It is a lot like AV in the way that you capture points and keeps and also getting caravans of supplies iirc.

Anyone else downloading the GW1 free trial while the wow login server is down? I was in two minds about trying GW1: on the one hand, I'd love to get a sense of the lore and background, but on the other, I don't want my perception of GW2 to be tainted if I dislike GW1. But I think I now have it firmly enough fixed in my head that they are completely different games that I can risk going and experiencing some stories in this downtime.
    Anyone else gonna try it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Anyone else downloading the GW1 free trial while the wow login server is down? I was in two minds about trying GW1: on the one hand, I'd love to get a sense of the lore and background, but on the other, I don't want my perception of GW2 to be tainted if I dislike GW1. But I think I now have it firmly enough fixed in my head that they are completely different games that I can risk going and experiencing some stories in this downtime.
    I already play GW1 at the moment, but I'm looking for people to run through campains with, if you enjoy and get the other games, I'll happily do Factions/Nightfall with you. Although I presumme the free trial is Prophicies though, I have a character quite far through so don't want to start again xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it a long time myself, don't expect a wow-style MMO, but the game is great imo and worth every penny

I already play GW1 at the moment, but I'm looking for people to run through campains with, if you enjoy and get the other games, I'll happily do Factions/Nightfall with you. Although I presumme the free trial is Prophicies though, I have a character quite far through so don't want to start again xD
    Nice to know. Yeah the free trial is Prophecies, but I really love the look of Nightfall, and have some time on my hands for a few weeks, so may well end up buying - especially as I can buy Nightfall all by itself right, I don't need to pay out for all three?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Deleted
    Nice to know. Yeah the free trial is Prophecies, but I really love the look of Nightfall, and have some time on my hands for a few weeks, so may well end up buying - especially as I can buy Nightfall all by itself right, I don't need to pay out for all three?
    You can buy them all seperate yea, but ofcourse it's cheaper to buy the bundle. If you want to go for the HoM rewards to get in GW2, you need them all aswell.

Just for the record, the starting areas in the three different campaigns are completely different. While I love Prophesies, I know a lot did not. I couldn't stand the starting area of Factions.... The dialog for the starting island in Factions makes Asian movies that were English-dubbed in the USA in the 1980s look like masterpieces with amazing voice work. -_-'

So try not to judge based on just one starting area. Also, for Prophesies, try to give it until you reach Lion's Arch.

You can buy them all seperate yea, but ofcourse it's cheaper to buy the bundle. If you want to go for the HoM rewards to get in GW2, you need them all aswell.
    Has Anet said what the rewards would be?

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Has Anet said what the rewards would be?
    http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That is the Demo Mode link.

This is the basic page about the HoM: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

You get items up to a score of 30 and then afterward it is just titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    WvW is going to be 3 worlds randomly chosen every week.
    Sorry for my stupid question, but what is a "world"? A server?

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Sorry for my stupid question, but what is a "world"? A server?
    Yep it is.