Ooh sorry for taking this thread so far off-topic, but to others thinking of trying it, amazon.co.uk seems to have massively cut the prices - I think I can get all 4 (i.e. including Eye of the North) for £22, buying them each separately.

Given how far off GW2 seems to be, and how bored I am with wow . . . think I may have to buy my second ever game

Edit: am assuming windows vista edition is fine for me playing on windows 7? They're so cheap I'm kinda looking for the catch But the wiki seems to think it's fine.
    Last edited by Sapho; 2011-05-06 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Deleted
    Another new interview: http://www.guild-hall.cz/index.php/g...ailyho?start=3

Some info on dynamic events and we learn that the game is still pre-alpha.

Re: current GW. While Factions is my favorite campaign (I just really love the setting and everything on that continent is just so damn gorgeous), I'd recommend Nightfall to start out with for new players. Prophecies has a very slow learning curve and, um, not the greatest story, and Factions was really the "PvP campaign"; leveling there is way too fast to really learn how to play your class. Nightfall has a good middle ground between too slow and too fast, it gives you heroes and by that time, Anet had improved a lot on their storytelling as well (though it's still not Shakespeare ).

Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Ooh sorry for taking this thread so far off-topic, but to others thinking of trying it, amazon.co.uk seems to have massively cut the prices - I think I can get all 4 (i.e. including Eye of the North) for £22, buying them each separately.

Given how far off GW2 seems to be, and how bored I am with wow . . . think I may have to buy my second ever game

Edit: am assuming windows vista edition is fine for me playing on windows 7? They're so cheap I'm kinda looking for the catch But the wiki seems to think it's fine.
    I bought the whole collection a few days ago and am running it perfectly fine on Windows 7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Has Anet said what the rewards would be?
    You can see all the rewards in the Hall of Monuments on the GW2 site. Theres 50 points to collect in total, first 30 earn you armour/weapons/ranger pets/mini pets/titles, and after 30, 30-50 you only earn titles every 5 points from then on. If you want to get some heirloom kind of items for GW2 (Although they give no exp boost like WoWs), you can start up now and easily get around 20-30 points if you put some effort in. Most points are easy to get, though you need all the games for points scoring and Eye of the North to unlock HoM.

Not sure where people are getting Vista from, since most sites list it as an XP game, Amazon lists the Prophicies campain as "Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / XP".

Deleted
    Argh, how can it be so hard to decide what to play? >_<

I was kinda sure of warrior for a while, though now Ranger seems interesting also.
    And if ranger armor sets (if there are going to be armor sets) are as near as epic as in GW1, then I'm sure of playing a ranger.

Offtopic:
    BasiiK, I really like your signature. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Argh, how can it be so hard to decide what to play? >_<

I was kinda sure of warrior for a while, though now Ranger seems interesting also.
    And if ranger armor sets (if there are going to be armor sets) are as near as epic as in GW1, then I'm sure of playing a ranger.

Offtopic:
    BasiiK, I really like your signature. :P
    Your in the same boat as me, I wanted to be a warrior, but then I saw the stats on race/profession combo on GW2guru, and when 44% of warriors were going to be Charr, I was like , since obviously Charr are awesome and warriors are too seems to be most popular, so I moved to thinking Ranger if the armour is awesome. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Your in the same boat as me, I wanted to be a warrior, but then I saw the stats on race/profession combo on GW2guru, and when 44% of warriors were going to be Charr, I was like , since obviously Charr are awesome and warriors are too seems to be most popular, so I moved to thinking Ranger if the armour is awesome. :P
    I'm rather hoping that GW2 will get me into casters. So few games do it in a way that is enjoyable.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm rather hoping that GW2 will get me into casters. So few games do it in a way that is enjoyable.
    I'm thinking more and more of a charr elementalist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I was thinking of going to a caster in GW2 after years of playing Assassins and Rogues, but that idea died the second I saw the Thief video with her dual wielding flintlock pistols

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by UncleV View Post
    *Vid*
    You know thats atleast the third time that video has been linked

Deleted
    Haha, just watched this. I don't know if it has been linked before on this thread, too many pages to search from.
    Just for fun.

Rabbit got owned.

He was asking for it by being fluffy

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    He was asking for it by being fluffy
    No bunny can be fluffy and get away with it?

Deleted
    Poor bunny I think we should have an in-game funeral for it, day 1 of GW2.

Ok this is the first (and I'll try to make it the last) direct comparison I make between GW2 and WoW, but . . . you see that Charr running on all fours? You picture Worgan in your mind? Yeah . . .
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Ok this is the first (and I'll try to make it the last) direct comparison I make between GW2 and WoW, but . . . you see that Charr running on all fours? You picture Worgan in your mind? Yeah . . .
    Makes total sense, since Blizzard invented animals running on all fours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Makes total sense, since Blizzard invented animals running on all fours.
    Don't forget that gw2 definitely wasn't in development before cata was released, they also stole dragons, I mean it's obvious right? cata has a dragon as endboss, guild wars2 has dragons too OMFG!!!

[Sarcasm mode disabled]

btw I think sapho's reason for the post was to say that worgen looks crap compared to the charr running animation, not state that it's a ripoff

Erm possibly I should have been clearer: I think the Charr looks much more natural, compared to the worgen (which in my opinion is pretty bad).

Edit: I definitely didn't mean GW2 was stealing or anything. I was purely referring to the quality of the animation/design.