Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But can you outsmart a smart missile?
    Well heavy from tf2 was never asked that so im out of quotes

10+ Year Old Account
    This popped up on GWGuru earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar68
    Hi @all,

I just listened to the 2nd part of the interview with Martin on Wartower.de and this is what he had to say:

- underwater combat will be different from land-based, different weapons, different weapon-slots, different skills, different pets, different experience all in all

- right now, he does not think that there are specific tools to assist the community in building machinima videos or similar stuff

- collector's edition will be done, no further info about content

- mob AI is not final, mobs will certainly not just stand around or use one skill every few seconds, he has seen mobs break off combat and go for reinforcements etc.

- players won't be able to duel each other

- players will be expected to move around quite a bit in combat, bosses will have different tactics (in response to a question about classic tank&spank combat)

- 'heart'-NPCs are not the only way to find events, you can walk around the map and stumble on events that are not indicating by those NPCs, meaning explorers actually have stuff to find

- day-night-cycle will not be realtime, they are playing around with the best time ratio, there are nighttime only events (one of which is right at the beginning in the human starter area (I think he said starter, but quite early in the human progression anyway))

- they are investigating the option to save builds, i.e. whole configurations of weapons, traits, skills...

- there might be DEs happening in WvWvW, but not in 5v5 PvP

That's all.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlpZ9Iby1uQ

Mod Edit: Please ensure that you ALWAYS link to the article when you make a post on this board!

Nice, I hope the collector's edition will have awesome content but I will most likely get it anyway!

The DE's in WvWvW were explained by Regina:

To clarify what Martin mentioned about dynamic events in WvW: yes, the dynamic event system is used in WvW. Almost all of the objectives in WvW are dynamic events. Examples: defend a keep, capture a keep, take out caravans resupplying an enemy keep, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... i wont be able to duel whoever i want to? that may kill the game for me : (
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Really? You won't play a game because it won't have dueling? Seems an odd choice to base your playing decision on.

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing as its suppose to be a more pvp based game then others i just find it really odd i wont be able to practice pvp skills except in very large scale pvp
    The Force shall free me.

Well you can do the 5v5 arena pvp to practice if you wanted. It will be hot join-able like in an FPS.

This game seems more like an MMOaction-adventure game, than an RPG. though with no Subscription cost, I may give it a run through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well you can do the 5v5 arena pvp to practice if you wanted. It will be hot join-able like in an FPS.
    not really the point tho, i mean when your sitting around waiting for a que timer to pop what do u normally do. i duel and wait it out
    The Force shall free me.

What do you mean by that? Other than the combat it seems like it has lots of rpg elements, more-so than most MMOs I have seen.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    not really the point tho, i mean when your sitting around waiting for a que timer to pop what do u normally do. i duel and wait it out
    I suppose so. Well they aren't opposed to adding it in, just not at launch.

Is there even going to be a que timer? It's my understanding that atleast some of the pvp zones will be persistent with the different servers fighting against each other for dominance. You should be able to just zone in when you feel like partaking in the slaughter.

Oh look! We've got a heart instead of question mark! It's so not like quests!

Also, I wonder why they don't cover actual topics in their 'interviews', instead of staged hype sprouting.
    Also, no open beta in sight, that means they are scare of actual publicity and just need players to buy expensive game, with actual players excitement not a concern.

Are you saying that an MMO shouldn't have quests? -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-05-11 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Hey, Tackhisis is back! This thread was getting boring with all the civil conversations and discussing of possible game mechanics without an angry nay-sayer jabbing us all with sticks!

10+ Year Old Account
    The hearts are part of a scouting system, they show the possible location of some dynamic events which is , according to Anet, for people who are used to traditional questing systems and need a guideline as to where to go, instead of just exploring.I personally can't see myself using it often.
    Anet encourages players to just go out and explore the world though, while discovering dynamic events. If you boil it down to the core, it will be like quests, yes, you still need to kill mobs and stuff like that, but it's done in a completely different way. You won't need to kill a fixed number of mobs since it scales to the amount of people. You can also lose, which doesn't mean the quest failed and you need to redo it, it means the town you just bought your armor in is now owned by talking polar bears clawing at your face('just a random situation don't take it seriously ').

Also, I wonder why they don't cover actual topics in their 'interviews', instead of staged hype sprouting.
    I have no clue what you even mean by this, a lot of stuff is known about the game, and usually the questions asked in interviews are always the same, or are about a subject that isn't ready to be released yet, so they can't talk about it yet.Would you rather have them talk about how awesome some unfinished feature is, only to have it scrapped later in development?

Also, no open beta in sight, that means they are scare of actual publicity and just need players to buy expensive game, with actual players excitement not a concern.
    Please do some research, There is an open beta in sight, it will just be very short compared to other mmo's.
    Why would the game be expensive compared to other pc games? GW1 had roughly the same price of other pc games, and with no monthly fee I was able to play it hardcore for 3-4 years for about the price of 1 year in Wow.

Why am I even replying to trolls?

The WvWvW is persistent and continual battle - you can go instantly at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

I believe the last blogpost at ArenaNet was last wednesday, so I hope they put up some new info again today. Or tomorrow at the latest. Can't believe i'm reduced to counting days for anything GW2 related. I need to start enjoying the summer soon. :P

Deleted
    seeing as its suppose to be a more pvp based game then others i just find it really odd i wont be able to practice pvp skills except in very large scale pvp
    I think you need to take a good look at Guild Wars as a whole, and show us exactly where it says "Guild Wars is a PvP game more so than PvE".
    GW1 wasn't a PvP game and neither is GW2.

Dueling isn't in the game, because retards that are waiting on BG's spam anyone and everyone for duels, and it's annoying as hell. Also considering the hot joinable PvP comes up like FPS servers, you won't be waiting for games as much.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 10:33 AM ----------

I think your a moron, closed beta is announced for this year already. They aren't scared of publicity, their just not stupid enough to rush a game out. They don't believe beta should be for testing and bug finding, since that is their job not the customers. They will give open beta before release just in case it needs some fine tuning for servers handling the amount of players.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-05-11 at 09:34 AM.

What does it matter if dynamic events are like quests? You're kind of supposed to have quests in a game like this... Otherwise it would just be a grindfest. Yeah, they choose a different term than quest, and they start whether players are there or not, but the idea is still the same. I don't understand why you keep bringing that up. I thought it was pretty obvious that they were like quests.

I've noticed quite a few reviews claiming that GW2, unlike WAR, AION or AoC, actually lives up to modern standards of how the controls work, you know, as smoothly as WoW.

However, I've seen that, in ingame footage (as far as it exists up to this point), when your character strafes (sidesteps), it glitches in a weird way, for instance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs#t=2m55s (especially when the character moves around in and leaves the building). In other games, this was a good indicator for bad design when it comes to how the character moves about in the world...