10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    by the way... why is it called GUILD-WARS if they have scrapped GvG? :P
    Because the shit that started it all was The Guild Wars...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I doubt it is truly scrapped, I feel it will just be released later on in either a large patch or next expansion. At least that is what I got from the last interviews I read or saw.
    you'd think with a name like GUILDWARS the primary thing about it would be guilds.... at war.. :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Because the shit that started it all was The Guild Wars...
    hmm? (i've only played some of factions and nightfall dont know the lore)
    i suppose it would explain why they call the classes "professions"

I don't remember exactly when I heard it, but 1 of the characters in Guild Wars 1 said something like "My father fought in the "Guild Wars" So I'm assuming the game was named based on the lore before the Prophecies storyline. Feel free to correct me, I'm going off an old memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Alpha Strike + Hunter's Call + Warband Support = Win

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    any new info about Sylvari racials?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List..._racial_skills

I wounder if warfans will be added to the game, I see quite the amount of Mesmers holding warfans in Mesmer concept art. Though I doubt it since they'd likely be the only class to use them.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-09-06 at 05:59 AM.

The Guild Wars

Granted, not much information there but that's why it's called Guild Wars and not necessarily because of the pvp (although the concept is derived from that).

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The Guild Wars

Granted, not much information there but that's why it's called Guild Wars and not necessarily because of the pvp (although the concept is derived from that).
    thanks for that

because server wars is not very good : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamheart View Post
    Is there any other info on how guilds will work? The only information I've found is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgjD46NbGVE&f
    What does he mean by your account belongs to a guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    What does he mean by your account belongs to a guild?
    I think it's like the first game, if you join a guild with any toon, ALL your toons will be in that guild.(So account-wide)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korao View Post
    I think it's like the first game, if you join a guild with any toon, ALL your toons will be in that guild.(So account-wide)
    Im not too sure about this system, what holds a persons loyalty to a guild if they can just join all of them? what sets this guild apart from that guild if ppl can just work with all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not too sure about this system, what holds a persons loyalty to a guild if they can just join all of them? what sets this guild apart from that guild if ppl can just work with all of them.
    Well, with this new system, I think we kinda "lose" the sense of loyalty to a guild, since we should think of guilds like "social network" they said. Still, they didn't show enough content on guilds for the moments to be 100% sure of what we say, it's mostly speculations. Maybe your main guild will be far more important then the others in some way... Also, maybe your main guild will be the one shown in your name (ie Korao[Main-Guild]) and to represent the others, you change only your cape(If we still have guild cap in GW2).

Well again, we can only make speculations for now...

Deleted
    They don't want you to feel like you're bound to a single guild, they know people have friends in multiple guilds, and choosing which to join for some people is a hard desicion, this system makes it so you can be in all your friends guild.

You don't have to join multiple guilds, so the guild loyalty is still there, you could make it a rule for your guild that you're not allowed to represent any other guild as a member.

Guild "loyalty" will still be there, since alot of people will stick with one main guild anyway. Just have alts for other guilds.

I don't see a problem with it, on WoW or whatever game you play are all your characters in the same guild? For 90% of people, they aren't since alot of people have alts in other guilds to get away for abit.

They want a server community, not a 10-30 person community multiple times on one server.

But anyway, more PAX footage here:

His channel will have more videos for other professions coming up.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-09-06 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    From what I've seen already, it looks like they are trying to push server-wide progression instead of splitting it into small guilds. Which looks awesome to me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    From what I've seen already, it looks like they are trying to push server-wide progression instead of splitting it into small guilds. Which looks awesome to me anyway
    I see the servers in GW2 as more of the equivalent of standard guilds. You can only be in one at a time, and switching between them is easy and free. Guilds are still there, and you CAN still be loyal to multiple guilds at once, but they're more of a stepping stone between single player and your server as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Pyre, that's by far the best gameplay video I've seen of GW2
    Yea, he's the only person I've seen who knows how to play and edit his videos. No random running doing nothing.

I look forward to his Thief and Guardian videos, don't know if he has any other professions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Pyre, that's by far the best gameplay video I've seen of GW2
    me too!! warrior seems very fun to play, i cant even less decide which prof. will be my main between thief and warrior now

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Yea, he's the only person I've seen who knows how to play and edit his videos. No random running doing nothing.

I look forward to his Thief and Guardian videos, don't know if he has any other professions though.
    The fact that it took him several demo attempts to stop constantly dieing is pretty astonishing. It says a lot about the level of difficulty offered by GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    me too!! warrior seems very fun to play, i cant even less decide which prof. will be my main between thief and warrior now
    Im constantly going like "okay.. warrior it is!". Then I see a new gameplay video and its "nonono.. necromancer!" etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    But anyway, more PAX footage here:

His channel will have more videos for other professions coming up.
    Very nice find! I'm looking forward to his other videos. It's rare to find a video with good commentary to go along with it. Not to mention using all different kinds of weapons. Certainly makes it more interesting to watch.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2011-09-06 at 01:14 PM.

That warrior combat video Pyre posted is amazing. No camera shaking, great quality, editing etc. best one I've seen so far.

Now I'm almost 100% sure I'll roll a warrior, no other proffesion appeals to me as much as them. Greatswords look fantastic, but I kinda hoped that Hundred Blades (second skill) will have your character thrust the sword quickly multiple times, rather than few quick swings from left to right.