10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    More on topic: I hope they have some spooky places in GW2. Kinda like Duskwood or the Forsaken starting zones where the place feels kinda like Halloween year around, I would like that.
    Moar Rotwing and Catacombs!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Blame the WoW mods, they are the ones who let it go on for as long as it did and shuffled it off here to the GW2 forum. I don't believe any of the current mods like Trolls and Edge are in charge of any of the WoW forums.

More on topic: I hope they have some spooky places in GW2. Kinda like Duskwood or the Forsaken starting zones where the place feels kinda like Halloween year around, I would like that.
    I like Edge and Trolls too. Sure, Trollsbane's favorite game is obviously Swtor, but that doesn't mean he can't like and moderate both. He seems excited for both, and I take him to be genuinely interested, if not ecstatic, about the game. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have accept moderation of this forum.

On another note, one thing I always liked about Arenanet is that they always updated their holidays each year, unlike many MMOs like WoW. Events like Canthan New Year (Chinese New Year), Halloween, and Wintersvale were always a blast.
    Last edited by Alatian; 2011-10-23 at 07:12 AM.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    On another note, one thing I always liked about Arenanet is that they always updated their holidays each year, unlike many MMOs like WoW. Events like Canthan New Year (Chinese New Year), Haloween, and Wintersvale were always a blast.
    I like holiday events in WoW. I've never played Guild Wars, but when I heard about their holidays especially Halloween I took a trip to youtube to watch some videos, I gotta say I was immensely impressed with what I saw it just looked so awesome, it really did make WoW's Halloween seem lesser.

That's what I really like about GW2, I gotta admit that I'm more into Sci-Fi than I'm into medieval fantasy type stuff and therefor really looking forward to SWToR, but fantasy is not too far behind. I've played and enjoyed my fair share of fantasy games and GW2 looks like one of the best fantasy games I've seen, it's like a medieval fantasy game on steroids everything especially the immense scale just screams epic , I look forward to getting immersed in the world Arenanet is making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't blame anyone. Things happen. A lot of mods were at Blizzcon or flying home at that time. Cut a little slack on what could be considered a holiday weekend. Now please stop bringing it up.

Also, just to be sure everyone sees it, I'm posting the closing message for MoP related material here as well.

Now that Blizzcon is over, it's time to move on and let life return to normal. The topic has thoroughly been discussed for 2 days now, and further going into it will prove non-constructive.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Don't blame anyone. Things happen. A lot of mods were at Blizzcon or flying home at that time. Cut a little slack on what could be considered a holiday weekend. Now please stop bringing it up.

Also, just to be sure everyone sees it, I'm posting the closing message for MoP related material here as well.

Now that Blizzcon is over, it's time to move on and let life return to normal. The topic has thoroughly been discussed for 2 days now, and further going into it will prove non-constructive.
    Just because Blizzcon is over doesn't mean we can't talk about it. Hey man, they are copying stuff from our game!

Speaking of holidays, I wonder what they'll do with them in GW2 versus GW1. I'm hoping they won't just have the same type of events like they did in GW1, but I'd be totally cool with it if they do :P

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of our posters like participating here because it isn't over moderated like GW2G is.
    So it would be appreciated if mods don't start dictating what we can and can't talk about...

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the subforum you are in, this is a WoW fansite. Debate the name all you want, but it's right there in the general posting rules. Additionally, the subforum has rules against bashing other games.

If a controversial thread remains open too long, especially when talking about game vs game, it goes to hell. We've all seen it time and time again. A WoW player will come in and call you all fanboys that are dumb. You will retaliate as well as report them. We'll come in and mod and be the bad guys. And it will go on and on.

Don't pretend that I'm full of it. You know I'm not. You can't rip WoW and get mad when the WoW player sees it and rips you. And that's what will continue to happen.

So instead, let's get back to what this subforum was created for. The topic of GW2. WoW doesn't have anything to do with it.

If you think I'm wrong, take it to PMs.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    I like Edge and Trolls too. Sure, Trollsbane's favorite game is obviously Swtor, but that doesn't mean he can't like and moderate both. He seems excited for both, and I take him to be genuinely interested, if not ecstatic, about the game. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have accept moderation of this forum.

On another note, one thing I always liked about Arenanet is that they always updated their holidays each year, unlike many MMOs like WoW. Events like Canthan New Year (Chinese New Year), Halloween, and Wintersvale were always a blast.
    I hope they bring back their holiday events! Even though I don't think Cantha's New year will. Maybe Tyria will start up their own version?

Deleted
    Nice compilation, good job. alot of info here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I hope they bring back their holiday events! Even though I don't think Cantha's New year will. Maybe Tyria will start up their own version?
    There's still wintersday and the halloween festivals.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Halloween in Guild Wars is pretty good. The arrival of Mad King Thorn and his reaping of AFKers is always amusing.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    This will be my first Halloween for Guild Wars so i'm hearing there event is pretty good. I'm sure it's going to be pretty awsome in Gw2.
    I remember my first Halloween. I pretty much ran around going "OMG OMG!" as I got chased by things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think how good it will be in GW2 with dynamic event mechanics

Stole this from Reddit:

Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    AHahahahaa, the sylvari's expression is meme worthy.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

If they developed DEs specifically for holidays/national events, that'd make me so happy. I mean, they could just THEME a few certain DE and I'd be grateful!

They could do so much with holidays. I'm really excited to see what they are going to do!

I never played Guild Wars I, what holidays did they do in it, and how long did they last. Are they like WoW for like two weeks, or are they 1 day?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls191 View Post
    They could do so much with holidays. I'm really excited to see what they are going to do!

I never played Guild Wars I, what holidays did they do in it, and how long did they last. Are they like WoW for like two weeks, or are they 1 day?
    Christmas, New Year's, Halloween and Dragon's Festival are the major events. I don't remember how long they last, been awhile since I participated in one. But I know it isn't very long.

I wonder what kind of vegetable Sylvari would compare to? I'm thinking broccoli, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce sounds good.