10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I just want the damn mesmer announced, honestly they are almost going into closed beta and still nothing and it is making me angry...I want a class that can torture physically(necro) and also one to torture mentally (mesmer) it fulfills all my needs...with a little bit of engy to satisfy my inner need for mindless destruction and some guardian for penance and warrior to release some rage....on second thought i'll just play all the classes.

good game is good x3
    ARENANET are torturing YOUR mind mentally by not announcing the 8th profession :P

Anyone ever gotten an email from the official newsletter? I don't think I have : /

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    Anyone ever gotten an email from the official newsletter? I don't think I have : /
    2. One to confirm that I had signed up and another saying that I had signed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just spotted this in the charater creation video ArenaNet released last week

This button hasn't been seen before in any of the convention builds:

Fingers crossed that it has something to do with pre-launch character creation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Nice find there Mif! God, I'm crossing my fingers with you on that!

Wow, good eye! After spending my first hour of Skyrim in character creation, I would appreciate a pre-launch character creation!
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be awesome. I'd love to have it in the game as well.
    So you can find a really good look, and then just save it so you know you'll get it back if you keep looking for other better fitting looks and then don't find any.

Deleted

This button hasn't been seen before in any of the convention builds
    I mailed the community manager a few months ago (before Gamescom) asking if they would do a prelaunch character generator, explaining to him how it would be nice for us to be able to play with the character creator before the release (it's also a way for them to make us wait without whining )
    His answer was that they had no plan "at this time" to release such a generator ahead of the game release.
    Just hoping they changed their minds !

Anyone think my nvidia 540m would be enougth for the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Wow, good eye! After spending my first hour of Skyrim in character creation, I would appreciate a pre-launch character creation!
    That is so.. awesome! Pre-release character creation would be perfection.

Deleted
    ... I'm already missing all that constant info we got during G-star, even if it wasn't that much. It was still awesome...

So, closed beta is for sure comming before this years end? Or it isn't confirmed? Becouse I never understood on how to interpret the message they left on GW2guru.com...

40 days till the end of the year ... give a damm C.beta date allrdy !

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    QUESTION for all of you who have probably seen way more GW2 info than me. We've seen a few fights with enormous bosses (Shatterer, Tquatl (sp) etc), and while those look very epic, one thing bothers me about them. The people hitting the boss with melee attacks are all whacking away at the bosses' ankles! Do we know of any fights where this is not the case, i.e. where you actually climb around on the boss bonking it on the head and stuff? They certainly seem to be large enough for it.

Thoughts?
    That's an interesting idea that might help avoid the "if you want unique/complex boss fights, you have to put melee at a disadvantage" approach. If for those larger bosses, there was an option to do just that, to climb up on the boss avoiding the immediate effects around the "melee" range of the boss. Hmmmm.... rudimentary and probably difficult to implement.... I wonder if Anet has consitered something along these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    That's an interesting idea that might help avoid the "if you want unique/complex boss fights, you have to put melee at a disadvantage" approach. If for those larger bosses, there was an option to do just that, to climb up on the boss avoiding the immediate effects around the "melee" range of the boss. Hmmmm.... rudimentary and probably difficult to implement.... I wonder if Anet has consitered something along these lines.
    I believe all melee classes have ranged attacks, the warrior has a bow, guardian has a scepter and thief's have dual pistols so they can all attack from range, it's not like wow were say a warrior has a bow but can only shoot like one arrow before the mob is on them.

is the best i could find

music is death metal warning in advance
    Last edited by Paladuin; 2011-11-21 at 12:33 AM. Reason: added video of warrior gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Holy crap the character customization is amazing...
    ^^ Insane is the word. Almost too lifelike ;-)

Knowing myself will spend way too much time in there trying to create my char.

I'm just hoping we get some epic boss fights where the boss isn't terribly large. A boss can be imposing in other ways besides just size. And it seems these huge ones don't really move around much.
    Last edited by TonkaTaru; 2011-11-21 at 04:30 PM. Reason: gramma yo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaTaru View Post
    I'm just hoping we get some epic boss fights where the boss isn't terribly large. A boss can be imposing in other ways besides just size. And it seems these huge ones doesn't really move around much.
    here's hoping for mind blowing fight mechanics rather than opting for mind blowing visuals for every boss. there cant be many things left to do during an encounter that other mmo's havnt already done, so i'm hoping the devs have gone a little crazy and think out of the box to blow us away

10+ Year Old Account
    does GWAMM carry over to GW2?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

GWAMM is supposed to carry, yes.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Q: Do players who obtained the title God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals in Guild Wars get anything special in Guild Wars 2?
    A: Yes, the maximum rank of the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title will be paid forward into Guild Wars 2. If you have earned this title on any of your Guild Wars characters, you will be able to have any of your Guild Wars 2 characters wear the title as well.
    Source: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/