10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The only thing instanced for the individual player is your home instance (similar to the hall of monuments in GW but on a bigger scale). All of the cities are persistent open areas though.
    Ah ok, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing instanced for the individual player is your home instance (similar to the hall of monuments in GW but on a bigger scale). All of the cities are persistent open areas though.
    Open world sections can be instanced for your personal story too.
    Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stfx0Lk0qQ4&t=20m20s

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I recall a while back someone linking a video that showed how GW2s graphics engine works. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the video. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could give me a link?

Are you talking about the Havok physics?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about the Havok physics?
    Maybe? I just saw a video about the engine for GW2, it might be the havok physics.

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    THAT'S IT! I guess it wasn't the engine. Pardon my ignorance, I'm not too familiar with this sort of stuff.

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 04:14 AM ----------

Another question! So I read somewhere that they will be doing something similar to transmoging within the micro transaction store. You have to buy a stone or whatever and you can change it to match a set of armor you're currently wearing. My question is, will I have to buy these stones for every piece of gear? Or is it a buy once and done thing? Or maybe each stone has a certain amount of charges before it perishes and you have buy another?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Another question! So I read somewhere that they will be doing something similar to transmoging
    Other way round :P
    Blizzard stole the idea.

You have to buy a stone or whatever and you can change it to match a set of armor you're currently wearing. My question is, will I have to buy these stones for every piece of gear? Or is it a buy once and done thing? Or maybe each stone has a certain amount of charges before it perishes and you have buy another?
    Initially they were going to be available by microtransaction only, but after the community got upset ArenaNet made them also purchasable for karma points in game (points you get for doing DE's etc). And yes, one stone = one use.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Stone

Yeah, Trans Stones are going to be insanely expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truthfully since the transmutation is a vanity thing I don't think ArenaNet should have had to bend over for the people who cried about it being in the store.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Truthfully since the transmutation is a vanity thing I don't think ArenaNet should have had to bend over for the people who cried about it being in the store.
    Honestly, they said that they wanted players to keep the look they wanted, regardless of stats on gear. Then only providing that through the store is a bit contra-productive. I'd rather see it disappear from the store, so it would be an effective gold sink without a way to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Honestly, they said that they wanted players to keep the look they wanted, regardless of stats on gear. Then only providing that through the store is a bit contra-productive. I'd rather see it disappear from the store, so it would be an effective gold sink without a way to avoid it.
    Exactly, although I'm not too bothered with Anet's armor design, I'd like to have some more choices in armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter
    Yeah, Trans Stones are going to be insanely expensive.
    actually not at all, from what we have seen so far:

price for a Copper Transmutation Stone (< lv.10) = 49 karma
    price for a Tin Transmutation Stone (< lv.20) = 300 karma
    price for a Iron Transmutation Stone (< lv.30) = 600 karma
    estimated price for the next tier T. Stone (< lv.40) = 1500 karma (?!)

standard event lv.45 (challenges by Ref Sparkeeper - GC 2010 charr area): 1481 karma
    for an elite-event lv.45 (Shatterer) you got about 1735 karma (silver medal) / 1531 karma (bronze medal)[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Maarius; 2011-11-26 at 02:19 PM.

so, any word on the server locations ? GW2 is not goin to be as fun as it should be with a 2 second delay :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    so, any word on the server locations ? GW2 is not goin to be as fun as it should be with a 2 second delay :P
    Highly doubt they'd give information like that so early, I'd wait till around beta time for reliable info on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I was digging around in the wiki for a good wallpaper when I came across this:

They're called Fleshreaver Lords and I'm not sure what their deal is. They look like flying versions of the monsters from Amnesia. How horrifying.

EDIT: Description from the wiki:

Badass flying zombie families confirmed for GW2
    ...oh thank you SO much for making my jaw drop hard onto my desktop...I wasn't planning on eating firm foods this months anyways...*growl*.

Seriously...I'm almost crying in awe, those look AMAZING and we all know they'll look that amazing in-game as well considering how true they keep the game to the concept art...I can't take much more of this waiting...and now I'll also be HUNGRY...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I was digging around in the wiki for a good wallpaper when I came across this:

They're called Fleshreaver Lords and I'm not sure what their deal is. They look like flying versions of the monsters from Amnesia. How horrifying.

EDIT: Description from the wiki:

Badass flying zombie families confirmed for GW2
    Those are impressive, guild wars art designers really do have a pretty unique style. This is the first fantasy mmo I've seen in a while that I didn't feel like it was a generic tolkien-esque fantasy, it just feels unique to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Other way round :P
    Blizzard stole the idea.

Initially they were going to be available by microtransaction only, but after the community got upset ArenaNet made them also purchasable for karma points in game (points you get for doing DE's etc). And yes, one stone = one use.

They're not executing the idea and concept in the same way though, and there's been games allowing changes to armor while keeping the stats before GW.

Tbf I like the WoW mogging idea better than the stones in GW2, unless they'll make the stones obtainable with some effort and not insanely huge amounts of effort...vanity = I don't want to spend too much time on it really. Just enough of time to keep the pursuit fun and rewarding. I also have a hard time keeping track on certain things (I have a condition) and as such I cannot level professions in WoW without it taking 2x the time of other players, and I am worried trans stones will become something you have to keep major track of as well...I'd be delighted if someone could ease my worries on this matter since I don't want to have to show off a lemon helmet....

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lore question. Is it known how many elder dragons there are?

I have a lore question. Is it known how many elder dragons there are?
    Primordus, Jormag, Zhaitan, "Bubbles"/Deep Sea Dragon, and Kralkatorrik

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_Dragon
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-11-27 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    Primordus, Jormag, Zhaitan, "Bubbles"/Deep Sea Dragon, and Kralkatorrik

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_Dragon
    Ah, well I'm just glad they didn't put a cap on the dragons, because down the line they'd eventually run out of dragons and have the same issue with WoWs lore.