Aions character creation would be great since thats the only thing people say is great about that game

you know, the concern about the aion editor has been raised and answered before:

Wartower: Another point of criticism is the character editor. We still don’t know it since it has not yet been intergrated into the game and so we do not know which possibilities it will offer in the end. But as we have seen so far, most characters play along the lines of the western beauty-ideal. Will there be the possibility to add more variety to this, for example creating a small, bald and chubby character, or a more burly female norn warrior? We are not talking about extremes, such as in AION where you could create a tiny gnome with an oversized head and scrawny arms. I am simply talking about a bit more variety so the players can indenfity more with their characters.
    Martin: Something comparable to AION will definitely not be possible in our game. That said, it will be possible to make one’s character a bit birulier, a little more chubby, or more slender. You will definitely be able to create your bald character, I take care of that! Our character creator will be quite extensive. One of the reasons is our art team saying that this is the visual style they want and to that belongs a certain kind of aesthetics. Because of that, you will not be able to create a toothless, one-eyed ragged warrior, because that would not fit into the general aesthetics which our artists aim for. But there will definitely be enough adjustments possible, so you do not have to run around looking like a supermodel.
    Source - i dont have enough post to link but you can copy the url to get there:

post on wow guru with transcript: guildwars2guru.com/forum/martin-kerstein-about-guild-wars-t16531.html
    link to video: youtube.com/watch?v=eSZpEhlb2W0&feature=&hl=en
    Last edited by HellfireWarlocks; 2011-05-15 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AMAZING! I can honestly say, the WoW killer now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Hey guys, i'm planning on buying all the guild wars games to earn some rewards from the Hall of Monuments. But i have no idea where to start or what to do.

would anyone be able to give me some hints/tips on what to do?
    Last edited by Earthshockaz; 2011-05-15 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    Hey guys, i'm planning on buying all the guild wars games to earn some rewards from the Hall of Monuments. But i have no idea where to start or what to do.

would anyone be able to give me some hints/tips on what to do?
    I've bought all 3 campaigns (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) and Eye of the North expansion. You need to have EotN to get access to the Hall of Monuments. This guide on GW1 guru recommends Nightfall as the campaign with the highest overall contribution, so that might be a good place to start. It also gives a load of detail about how to get the different points.

It's really cheap now though - I managed to get all 4 pieces for £22, so figured I may as well get the lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    I've bought all 3 campaigns (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) and Eye of the North expansion. You need to have EotN to get access to the Hall of Monuments. This guide on GW1 guru recommends Nightfall as the campaign with the highest overall contribution, so that might be a good place to start. It also gives a load of detail about how to get the different points.

It's really cheap now though - I managed to get all 4 pieces for £22, so figured I may as well get the lot.
    Awesome thank you, as for me i can get everything for $60 australian which is pretty cheap.

New preview up on the PC Gamer website. It's the article from the last issue of PC Gamer UK, and it's a pretty good read with some nice screenshots!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/15/gu...s-2-preview-2/

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HellfireWarlocks View Post
    you know, the concern about the aion editor has been raised and answered before:
    Nice! Have you got a link to that article?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    New interview here:

[can't quote link]IncGamers' interview[/can't quote link]
    I like this part of the interview:
    Will there be built in statistical means of tracking character progress apart from character level, like overall gear level or damage meters or publicly viewable achievements that show dungeon experience?

I’m not sure we want to include damage meters or things like that. I think they maybe tend to focus on the wrong things with everybody concerned about min/maxing things. There are lots of things you just can’t measure, like the DPS somebody is doing, are they helping towns players get back up and that sort of thing. We want to avoid DPS meters.

Nice! Have you got a link to that article?
    yep i got some, i dont have enough posts on mmo-champion to link it directly but you can copy the url to get there:

post on wow guru with transcript: guildwars2guru.com/forum/martin-kerstein-about-guild-wars-t16531.html
    link to video: youtube.com/watch?v=eSZpEhlb2W0&feature=&hl=en

Another question about the rewards, lets say i get 20/50 points, do i get all the items up to 20 points, or just the 20 point ones?

Deleted
    ^ you get every item from 1 to 20.

“We sold around seven million copies of Guild Wars 1,” Mike says, “and have been really successful. You see a lot of people launch as a subscription MMO and discover that it’s really hard to compete with WoW as a second subscription. We’ve seen it time and time again – you get to the end of your 30-day trial period and ‘PSHOOOM’… your playerbase drops through the floor.”
    And there we have it.

Just found these, they focus WvWvW and PvP. Some other Stuff as well at the end of part 2

guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/comments/guild-wars-2-interview-part-1
    guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/comments/guild-wars-2-interview-part-2

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    ^ you get every item from 1 to 20.
    awesome, it seems like i have a lot of work to do when i buy the game xD

New interview here:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/...terview-part-1

There's some great info on the character customisation in that article.

Say what you like about Aion, but it's character customisation was superb.
    Second Part of the interview is up!

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/...terview-part-2

We are definitely on target for a Closed Beta this year.
    Nice!

Thanks to John and Eric for taking the time to answer the questions and watch out for more big Guild Wars 2 news on Thursday 19th May.
    I'm guessing this might be the new proffesion reveal since they said it was coming this month. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    I was really stoked, but man, this announcement is like a coffin nail for me. Just mentioning anything Aion like brings back terrible memories. That was a really, really poor PR move IMO.

I mean, I get it, it's a business decision. Too much shit to do and not enough time, so gank some coding from your Publisher to bolster things along. That's fine and all, just don't say it.
    They are not reusing any code from Aion.

Aion uses the CryEngine for character customization while Guild Wars uses ArenaNet's own handcrafted engine.

Even if NCSoft gave them Aion's code they would not be able to do much with it as all the comments and names are in Korean, and it's just generally a mess.

I would trust ArenaNet on the coding side of things, they know how to do that really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    was glad to see this in the recent pc gamer interview

The final risk ArenaNet are taking is financial. There’s no doubt that they could charge a monthly subscription for Guild Wars 2 – this is as fully featured an MMO as World of Warcraft, Rift or The Old Republic. But they have chosen not to. Instead, ArenaNet are placing all their faith on players enjoying the game so much that they’ll be willing to buy in-game items. And, I speculate, on them buying sidegrade expansion packs such as Guild Wars: Factions or Guild Wars: Prophecies released at a rapid pace.
    hope that shuts up some of the trolls saying it's not an mmo.
    Which of coursem it wont, that's what trolling is about

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    They are not reusing any code from Aion.
    You might want to read the interview. They have confirmed they are using some code from Aion as the basis for their character customisation, but are tweaking it to work the way they want it to. The actual game engine is completely different as you said.

New preview up on the PC Gamer website. It's the article from the last issue of PC Gamer UK, and it's a pretty good read with some nice screenshots!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/15/gu...s-2-preview-2/
    "At the back, I, as a ranger, swapped between bow and gun, firing and then retreating, weaving in and out of range."
    Seems some misinformation is in that PC Gamer article.

Deleted
    I think you can use rifles as a ranger.

Nope. Rangers can only use Bows.

Only thing I can think of is that he actually played a warrior instead of a ranger.