10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    I am hoping this game is out by December 2011 at the latest, I can't find any games to keep me busy because I just compare them to GW2.
    i recently resubscribed, but now my account is rotting again

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    i recently resubscribed, but now my account is rotting again
    I highly recommend selling your soul to League of Legends. Nothing makes you appreciate a good game like a daily sodomizing by a MOBA game.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    I heard that when you talk in General Chat that there's no spacing between the brackets and the words.

This game's amazing.
    Noob, everyone knows Guild Wars uses different colors for the player names in each chat rather than wasting space with brackets and channel names.

If you want to troll a game, please do some research first. And now go back to your SW:TOR thread.

Edit: I was going to report your post for unconstructive/trolling, but it turns out you are already banned.
    Last edited by ZyngaFail; 2011-05-15 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm 99% sure it won't be, the only thing they have said is that they will launch a CLOSED beta in 2011, so don't get your hopes up.
    They said there's chances for an open beta in 2011 as well, and ArenaNet does releases within a very short period (1 month or so) of public beta events; they view them more as publicity due to them having extensive internal testing available.

Deleted
    We’re not going to release this until it’s done.
    I just love those words more and more each day, I don't know why.
    So I kinda hope for 2012 release. I don't want to see rushed and incomplete stuff,
    just because of money (most companies seem to do this).

WvW looks interesting, kind of like Alterac Valley when it first came out, with field objectives that people actually work on.

I wonder how Arenanet plans to keep the WvW battlegrounds from becoming zergfests like AV became.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I just love those words more and more each day, I don't know why.
    So I kinda hope for 2012 release. I don't want to see rushed and incomplete stuff,
    just because of money (most companies seem to do this).
    Which is completely fine, until they start transcending Valve and taking "Soon" to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Which is completely fine, until they start transcending Valve and taking "Soon" to a whole new level.
    Oh I think they are very much alike with Valve already. They are both headquartered in Bellevue, Seattle and when someone asked Gabe Newell about ArenaNet this is what he replied:

Q: Are you in contact with ArenaNet, developer of Guild Wars?
    A: Yes. They are really really smart.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Oh I think they are very much alike with Valve already. They are both headquartered in Bellevue, Seattle and when someone asked Gabe Newell about ArenaNet this is what he replied:
    Rofl. It's started. Noooooo ANet, don't succumb to the Newell!

Don't get me wrong, I haven't found a Valve title I haven't liked, but the way they keep everything locked down so nothing leaks and games only come out sparsely, is infuriating!

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AMAZING! I can honestly say, the WoW killer now.
    Been reading over these threads for the past couple days and I am not sure I would call it a wow killer, but I plan on cancelling my sub to play this when it finally does release.
    After watching the numerous panels and a ton of the vids about it so far, it's what I'm looking for in an MMO.

Playing WoW since 2005 has been fun, but lately I am ready to move on. I don't feel the urgency to log on anymore. I like the direction Anet is going with their stand of changing the way MMOs are. We need this. MMOs need to evolve into something more.

Honestly even if Anet decided to charge a monthly fee, I personally, would be willing to pay it if the outcome of all this work being done put out a great game I believe it's gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Rofl. It's started. Noooooo ANet, don't succumb to the Newell!

Before we know it they will add potatoes to gw2

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    NCSoft conference call this Tueday, maybe we will hear some news. They did say that the Beta and end of development would be in 2010 during one of them, so may not be very reliable.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-16 at 04:02 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop using the term WoW killer, WoW will never die until Blizzard wants it to. Blizz will just use ideas from other games to make WoW better, like most developers do, which isn't a bad thing. ArenaNet even said how much they play and look at other games to see what they can implement into their own games, but they put their own spin on it. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw stuff like dynamic events in WoW's next expansion.

Blizzard does need to do something new soon though, or the subscriber count will most likely continue to decline. Yes they are adding a bunch of new content and all that, but it is all the same: you get new bosses, kill them for months, get new gear, and the cycle restarts. They need to do something other than having people grind for new gear every few months. I think a lot of players are starting to get bored with it and that combined with new MMOs coming (TERA, SWTOR, GW2, etc) could hit WoW pretty hard, but still isn't going to completely ruin it. Hopefully it will get Blizzard to start thinking about some new concepts though.

I believe GW2's dynamic events, combat system, personal storyline, and much more will be a great refresher for the MMO genre.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-16 at 04:46 AM.

i played GW1 but didn't like it too much..mainly because of the instanced world, but also the character detail..sure its not as cartoonish as some other mmo's..but at the same time...looks like an afterthought..maybe GW2 will be better at release..but im certainly giving it a grace period before i buy it...to get real honest feedback..lets just say im skeptical...i do like most of the ideas about leveling and so forth...lets just see how well its implemented..just my humble opinion...im not dogging GW2 so don't even go there..just saying at this point i can't see this as a wowkiller or even close to it..but if done well enough it certainly has the chance

p.s
    when i say the characters look like an afterthought..not really sure how to put what i mean..yea they look more realistic but at the same time it looks clunky...we will see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdeath View Post
    p.s
    when i say the characters look like an afterthought..not really sure how to put what i mean..yea they look more realistic but at the same time it looks clunky...we will see
    You should have seen the character models at the early stages, like alpha stuff for GW1. Not quite an afterthought but I will give you that the running animation is weird... Like they're boxes...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Really have no idea by what you mean with the character afterthought thing. About waiting a bit before trying GW2? Certainly a valid viewpoint, not sure why anyone would criticize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You should have seen the character models at the early stages, like alpha stuff for GW1. Not quite an afterthought but I will give you that the running animation is weird... Like they're boxes...
    well im glad you got what i was saying..im not trying to tear the game down..it all sounds promising but like i said i'll take the wait and see stance...if done correctly i will be buying thats for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdeath View Post
    well im glad you got what i was saying..im not trying to tear the game down..it all sounds promising but like i said i'll take the wait and see stance...if done correctly i will be buying thats for sure
    Totally. My only two issues with the first one is the inability to jump (same reason I dislike most zelda games) and the running mechanic. I honestly can't stand not having a character in that game without some sort of long coat.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Having played GW for far too long, talked with the developers (or not talked to them, as the case sometimes was), and done more than a little observation on ANet's habits and patterns, I'm giving GW2 the same respect I'm giving Aion. That is to say, I want to like it, and it has some cool features, but I really don't think it's going to end well.

Why do you say that?