10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Entitlement is strong in those people.
    so are you saying that they have no right to want equal treatment? their money is the same, right? and Origin actually charges you $55 for the game and $5 for the early access...actually nevermind. i am tired of people defending Bioware, which is a business, and saying people should feel privileged that there is even early access etc (though it is paid for and not free), but to me that is a bunch of BS. and funnily enough if fail to pay for your sub Bioware will cut you off, but now people want us to show them sympathy. i don't know why people make decisions against their own self interest.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Didn't really pay for early access, we pre-ordered with early access as a bonus for doing so. It'll still cost the same anyway.

Also Rift had like a 7 day EGA and it went quite smooth after about day 2 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    so are you saying that they have no right to want equal treatment? their money is the same, right? and Origin actually charges you $55 for the game and $5 for the early access...actually nevermind. i am tired of people defending Bioware, which is a business, and saying people should feel privileged that there is even early access etc (though it is paid for and not free), but to me that is a bunch of BS. and funnily enough if fail to pay for your sub Bioware will cut you off, but now people want us to show them sympathy. i don't know why people make decisions against their own self interest.
    They're rewarding the people that have supported them during the development and pre-release process and allowing players in order of when they redeemed their pre-order code.

You're not paying 55 dollars for the game and 5 dollars for the early access. You're paying 60 dollars for the game so that you have it right when it releases. The split charge is the 5 dollar pre-order (baseline charge for every institution that offers pre-ordering) and 55 dollars for the full payment of the game. If you go buy TOR after it releases, guess what, it will cost 60 dollars.

The EGA is a privilege, a gift. Something BioWare and EA decided to do as an "award" of sorts for those that supported them throughout the development and testing process. You didn't pay for the EGA, you paid for, and bought, the game before it was released. This benefits BioWare (and the player base as a whole) because you wont have upwards of a million people flooding the servers and starting zones all at once on the release day, which makes for a smoother release.

Why the fuck is anyone bitching about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They're rewarding the people that have supported them during the development and pre-release process and allowing players in order of when they redeemed their pre-order code.

You're not paying 55 dollars for the game and 5 dollars for the early access. You're paying 60 dollars for the game so that you have it right when it releases. The split charge is the 5 dollar pre-order (baseline charge for every institution that offers pre-ordering) and 55 dollars for the full payment of the game. If you go buy TOR after it releases, guess what, it will cost 60 dollars.

The EGA is a privilege, a gift. Something BioWare and EA decided to do as an "award" of sorts for those that supported them throughout the development and testing process. You didn't pay for the EGA, you paid for, and bought, the game before it was released. This benefits BioWare (and the player base as a whole) because you wont have upwards of a million people flooding the servers and starting zones all at once on the release day, which makes for a smoother release.

Why the fuck is anyone bitching about this?
    you are arguing for my point. PC games have always been $50, they have only recently crept up to $60 coz devs/publishers, like EA especially, got greedy. because we do not use consoles to play PC games we do not have to be charged for licensing fees like console gamers, so there is strike 1. strike 2 is in thinking that early access is somehow a privilege, it is not. it does the players a favor AS MUCH as the developers in that players get access to the game before the release date and for the devs as it spreads out the player population before the larger influx of players at release. so please stop with that excuse shit. every major MMO since what, 2007(?) has had early access for pre-orders as a pre-order perk, so the act of pre-ordering is enough to warrant this so called "privilege" not when. not to mention that fact that they advertised early access WITH EVERY pre-order. it was an advertised selling point to get people to buy the pre-order, so people did and now Bioware are being vague as shit about it. if people knew that at the time of pre-ordering they would only get an exact number of days of early access they could weigh the pros and cons for themselves, but to leave it as ambiguous as "up to 7 days" and then have the only criteria being who redeemed their pre-order code first and not take into consideration that everyone who purchased the game before the start of early access is just as entitled as the next to enter is just amazing to me. their biggest fault is that they have shown that they do not value people's money but more importantly their time. unscrupulous conduct at it's finest!

anyway, i hope to hear some good news from today's GW2 dev chats and i hope we get a video showcasing all the classes together as well as alot of professions have had their skills changed, scrapped etc and it would be nice to see an HD video that reflects the state of the game going into closed beta.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I guess it's gone since I'm not seeing anything special

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I guess it's gone since I'm not seeing anything special
    It was a suggestion

Deleted
    people are rightly pissed dude. money was exchanged, so the attitude of "the devs are doing us a favor" goes right out of the window. firstly $60 for a PC game(????!!!!!), EA is at it again, and then first come first served like other people's money is more valuable or something is just BS.
    No money has been traded yet, except the £/$5 preorder fee. If you brought off Origin.
    Hell I'm playing without even having the game on order at the moment.

I've seen your posts on GW2guru aswell, don't bring that attitude to these forums aswell. We don't need a second nazi community like over there.
    I'm not going to agure with you, since it's impossible to change your and others mind that company X is shit but Anet are gods. GW2guru puts that out for every developer making a game that goes into direct competition with GW2 and it's really a sad thing. If you say that to a GW2 employee they'll tell you, you're been stupid aswell.

But OT of GW2: Offical Mesmer reveal today. Maybe beta also, but I've a feeling it'll come on the 20th to counter SWToR release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why so many people care about the closed beta announcement when something like ninety percent of those people won't even be included in the closed beta testing.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    I still don't understand why so many people care about the closed beta announcement when something like ninety percent of those people won't even be included in the closed beta testing.
    Well, I know for sure I would never make it to a closed beta
    I care about the announcement though, and you know why?
    Once it starts it feels like the game getting closer to being releases, and my friend, I want to buy it =)

The reason why people want to know about the Closed Beta Announcement is shortly after it the Open Beta will be announced, and they can get into the testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fan Lady Confirmed.

Oh yeah, I suppose the Mesmer was officially announced too and stuff

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

I dunno, man. $5 extra for a pre-order is so trivial. And to be fair, Bioware also stated that the EGA was dependent on when you pre-ordered. So people did have the info right on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    No money has been traded yet, except the £/$5 preorder fee. If you brought off Origin.
    yes because $5 is no money at all.

I've seen your posts on GW2guru aswell, don't bring that attitude to these forums aswell. We don't need a second nazi community like over there.
    I'm not going to agure with you, since it's impossible to change your and others mind that company X is shit but Anet are gods. GW2guru puts that out for every developer making a game that goes into direct competition with GW2 and it's really a sad thing. If you say that to a GW2 employee they'll tell you, you're been stupid aswell.
    and i have seen your posts too and the amount of hate you generate over there with your crazy bias towards SWTOR, which is fine, just don't try and act like you are above it all, because you and i both know better. and i don't even like GW2G, if the devs didn't post there i would not even bother with it, but nice try. plus i have been on these boards since before you, so...yeah. and who ever said ANet are gods and wtf do they have to do with how Bioware conducts their business? if ANet pulled the same shit, people would and should be rightly pissed. Bioware are being deliberately ambiguous as it caters to their interests and not the players.

@Fencers: it's the principle that people have an issue with and not everyone has $5 like that and poorer people will find it quite insulting that just because you think it is trivial everyone else should have no issue with it. in my mind as soon as money changes hands, normal business rules apply, which means Bioware/EA should be held accountable just as they would hold you accountable for paying your monthly sub; they don't give grace periods so why should the players?
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2011-12-14 at 03:04 PM.

Because you had fair warning that pre-ordering didn't necessarily mean you would get in on day1 headstart?

Okay, you're right about the $5 thing. It just doesn't weight on me so when a cup of coffee is like $12 w/o tax. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk about it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Because you had fair warning that pre-ordering didn't necessarily mean you would get in on day1 headstart?
    i understand the phrase "up to" perfectly well, though there are many who do not. the issue now comes in when you do not know where in that "up to" period you fall, which is why i feel that they should have been more upfront about it; pre-order by this date you can expect this many days and so on, but they didn't so people cannot plan accordingly, hence why i said that Bioware does not respect people's money, but most importantly people's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Okay, you're right about the $5 thing. It just doesn't weight on me so when a cup of coffee is like $12 w/o tax. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk about it though.
    it's cool, it can just be incendiary, especially with the precarious nature of our world economy. and dun worreh, i gives you job, i has not forgottens.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when they first announced the game years ago...

My friend and I were pumped for it! They keep teasing us by pushing the release date further and further back. I am not going to have a life for a long time once this game comes out.

Hell I'm playing without even having the game on order at the moment.

But OT of GW2: Offical Mesmer reveal today. Maybe beta also, but I've a feeling it'll come on the 20th to counter SWToR release.
    On my birthday? HELL YEAH!

Bioware does not respect people's money, but most importantly people's time.
    Anyone who was paying attention would have noticed that - among other negative things - months ago....

BUT let's talk about the Mesmer shall we? I don't give a fuck about WoW clone #137 in space and how the community will dwindle to the size of Rift's before GW2 even releases. MESMER DUDE! FINALLY! After seeing the mechanics and skills my Asura Mesmer may have shot to the main spot, at least for the moment. My Charr Necromancer won't be too pleased. Also: Asura caster using a greatsword om nom nom. The opportunities for these illusions are endless, particularly for PvP - this class is going to be the same PITA it was in GW1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    MESMER DUDE! FINALLY! After seeing the mechanics and skills my Asura Mesmer may have shot to the main spot, at least for the moment. My Charr Necromancer won't be too pleased. Also: Asura caster using a greatsword om nom nom. The opportunities for these illusions are endless, particularly for PvP - this class is going to be the same PITA it was in GW1.
    the Mesmer sounds like it will be ridiculous in pvp especially their elite that can turn people into moa even while they are using their elite skill. but the polish that the devs are putting into the game interests me more, as it means the game is closer to release, and by polish i mean if they have added things like facial expressions not only to cutscenes but also to cast abilities, then i am impressed. i still want a video showcasing all of the professions though. a video like the 10 Minutes of Guild Wars 2 Combat from PCGamer one or the Guild Wars 2 - Catacombs Dungeon Action video would be along the lines i had in mind.