10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthedbear View Post
    Is that how GW2 server locations are going to be too?
    Too early to say.

Didn't want to make a whole thread for one question so I figured I'd ask it here. Any idea on how attributes will work? I've seen people add points to attributes like "Power" and "Vitality" and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how significant they would be on character builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power — increases attack
    Precision — increases critical hit chance
    Toughness — increases defense
    Vitality — increases maximum health

So putting your points into Vitality and Toughness as opposed to Power and Precision will obviously play very differently.
    Much much that scales we won't know until we can play the game, but we do know that "each attribute point put into vitality increases the maximum health of the character by ten hitpoints".

Wish they had gone with a less simplistic attribute system. Been sore about that for a while now. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wish they had gone with a less simplistic attribute system. Been sore about that for a while now. :/
    It is much simpler than wow when you think about it.

Wow : The Core stats, then Hit Crit Haste Crit damage, Dodge parry block Spell pen Resiliance, Mastery, Expertise.

Guild wars 2: Regardless of Class pve or pvp, Power Precision toughness Vitality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Yeah, a little too simply TBH. Even in comparison to GW1.
    im willing to use a simplistic stat system in exchange for a dynamic combat system
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    im willing to use a simplistic stat system in exchange for a dynamic combat system
    I guess maybe its bad math or that im lazy, but i love the 4 stats stats that matter and work for everyone, gear for all no more its got spirit so i cant haz it.
    And the combat yes indeed epic i think the final nail in the cofin of all the existing mmo's and the rest coming out this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    It is much simpler than wow when you think about it.

Wow : The Core stats, then Hit Crit Haste Crit damage, Dodge parry block Spell pen Resiliance, Mastery, Expertise.

Guild wars 2: Regardless of Class pve or pvp, Power Precision toughness Vitality.
    Yea, I generally don't like simplistic attribute systems. I greatly enjoy tweaking and tuning a variety of attributes to suit varying needs.

Not that I am gonna pass judgement this early. Though I wish they had something far more complex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I generally don't like simplistic attribute systems. I greatly enjoy tweaking and tuning a variety of attributes to suit varying needs.

Not that I am gonna pass judgement this early. Though I wish they had something far more complex.
    Hopefully the trait system will allow that kind of tweaking and tuning. But yeah, too early to say, just because one area of character customization is simple, it doesn't mean the whole system doesn't have complexity.

I do like the fact that every stat is useful everyone though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really like the attribute system.
    You can tune your stats to how you want to play, and to compliment your skill build.

Wow, despite having a more complex system, was always just reach hit cap etc, then stack your best stat.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    I do like the fact that every stat is useful everyone though.
    Good point.
    That means no more stupid Wow gear drops that only work for one spec of one class.

It's very important that there are only specific attributes in GW2 because it's designed to be flexible and change roles during your fights. It would be pretty usefull if there was strength and agility (for melee-damage and ranged-damage) for example, because you would be reasonably weaker if you switch weapons.

e.g.:
    you are a warrior with Hammer and Bow. Spec everything in strength and you'll get a strong melee fighter, but you would be useless with your bow. Thats bad, it would restrict you to only one weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    i...... Love it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Wow, despite having a more complex system, was always just reach hit cap etc, then stack your best stat.
    I feel it wasn't always like that in Warcraft. The derived stats had a lot of complexity in figuring out optimal ratios & coefficients. Natch, acquiring those ratios was the main gimmick. The way Warcraft has regressed (IMO) in class design after TBC is far too simplistic for my tastes. One of the reasons why I left- got too simple.

My favorite MMO had a attribute system that allowed for each stat to be meaningful to any class/role. Been hoping for a modern MMO to run with the idea but think the inherent broadness MMOs are designed for will always limit complexity of this kind. For a while Rift had a really complex system and I thought that was gonna be THE game for meta-game. Of course, Trion dumbed it all down & created lots of terrible balancing problems in the wake.

/idle thoughts.

Deleted
    Hello again every Guild Wars lover out there!

Sorry to ask this here, but though since this thread is so big... Which one of the GW1 should I buy to farm HoM the easiest? I know I've got to get Eye of the North but then, which one of the first 3 (independant) games should I choose? Also, any tip on class/2nd class and builds? I've played gw1 when it launched, but unfortanely I've threw my CD-key away and deleted the hotmail I used, haha D:

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Hello again every Guild Wars lover out there!

Sorry to ask this here, but though since this thread is so big... Which one of the GW1 should I buy to farm HoM the easiest? I know I've got to get Eye of the North but then, which one of the first 3 (independant) games should I choose? Also, any tip on class/2nd class and builds? I've played gw1 when it launched, but unfortanely I've threw my CD-key away and deleted the hotmail I used, haha D:

Thanks in advance!
    Nightfall is the best with the most HoMs after Eye of the North, then Factions, and last the first game, prophecies.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Nightfall is the best with the most HoMs after Eye of the North, then Factions, and last the first game, prophecies.
    Is it possible to hit 30/50 by just Nightfall/ Eye of the North? Or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Is it possible to hit 30/50 by just Nightfall/ Eye of the North? Or no?
    I'm not 100% sure because I've yet to do it myself, but I'm going to say you can, since prophecies has hardly any at all and factions still has much less than nightfall. You might want to wait for a second opinion or look that bit up.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 07:44 PM ----------

I just looked it up, and you can achieve at least 40/50 with any of the three.

With Prophecies 43 total points are available.
    With Factions 45 total points are available.
    With Nightfall 46 total points are available.

Those totals include Eye of the North of course. I still suggest Nightfall, it is the best of the 3 as a stand alone game, imo.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2011-12-18 at 07:45 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'm not 100% sure because I've yet to do it myself, but I'm going to say you can, since prophecies has hardly any at all and factions still has much less than nightfall. You might want to wait for a second opinion or look that bit up.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 07:44 PM ----------

I just looked it up, and you can achieve at least 40/50 with any of the three.

With Prophecies 43 total points are available.
    With Factions 45 total points are available.
    With Nightfall 46 total points are available.

Those totals include Eye of the North of course. I still suggest Nightfall, it is the best of the 3 as a stand alone game, imo.
    Thanks man ! So grateful, now of to Offgamers.com to get it Wish me luck with the farming! Btw, any tips on where to find a good guide?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide...uments_rewards has instructions for 50/50, 30/50 and 30/50 with only one campaign.
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide...uments_rewards has instructions for 50/50, 30/50 and 30/50 with only one campaign.
    Thanks!