Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It seems the 20 cooldown was scrapped a while ago, but everyone wants to still claim it's there for some reason.

The newest build we have info from is the one from GStar, so as far as we know this should be the current mechanic:
    Awesome! That was the only thing I didn’t like about playing an ele.

On an unrelated note, I had a strong feeling you’d be the one to answer my question. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    On an unrelated note, I had a strong feeling you’d be the one to answer my question. Haha.
    Then why didn't you leave cookies :'(

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 05:03 PM ----------

Also, from the Reddit AMA
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ssions/c380xry

Quote Originally Posted by Reddit
    Has anything been changed with the Elementalist's cooldowns across attunements since Gamescom? It seemed like the Elementalist PvPing was able to annihilate everyone and get away as they wished, was that just a result of the player's skill, and intended, or did it need a bit of balancing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet
    Some of this was skill on the player's part, part of this is just balance. Cooldowns, just like everything else in the game, are still in a place of flux until everything is balanced.
    So I guess that's the official answer for now.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-01-27 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    The GW2 UI is so clean, I love it.

Deleted
    I just can't believe I ask such question but....
    I know that you gonna be able to switch between 2 different weapon sets (not all classes) but... will you be able to switch armor sets too?
    It would be nice because mace + shield (melee) guardian benefits more from different stats then staff (caster) guardian. [even if all 4 stats are balanced]

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I know that you gonna be able to switch between 2 different weapon sets (not all classes) but... will you be able to switch armor sets too?
    It would be nice because mace + shield (melee) guardian benefits more from different stats then staff (caster) guardian. [even if all 4 stats are balanced]
    You can, but not during combat.

Deleted
    What? Everyone uses the same four attributes.

Power — increases attack
    Precision — increases critical hit chance
    Toughness — increases armor
    Vitality — increases maximum health

So you won't need different stats.

Deleted
    I know that and I disagree ...some players might want to play casters with Precision and melees with Power for example (for them it might feels better to play or in dmg)

I know that and I disagree ...some players might want to play casters with Precision and melees with Power for example (for them it might feels better to play or in dmg)
    Please recheck your comment, benefit more from different stats. You don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    To be fair, it could be. For example a trait for you caster weapon that causes a bleed on crit, and not such a trait for the melee weapon.
    But you must take that into account when you choose your gear and traits, since you know which 2 weapon sets you'll bring to battle.
    (or am I missing something here? )

just some info on the attributes:

Quote Originally Posted by Arenanet-Blog

Power or Precision?

While power and precision both increase your damage output, we didn’t want to make this a purely mathematical choice of which does more damage for your character. Investing in precision means you deal overall less raw DPS, but many triggered effects happen only when you score a critical strike.

For example, a guardian could favor raw power so his Orb of Light does more damage, or he could go higher in precision and use a trait that causes burning with every critical hit. Going this second route, the guardian could also wield a weapon that caused a short cripple with critical strikes. Now, with a high enough chance for critical hits, his Orb of Light will often snare his target, setting up a following attack, and apply burning, making up for the lower raw damage.

Precision ends up the trickier but more combo-friendly attribute, earning you more reliable effects and conditional damage.

Power is raw damage and the choice for those who just want to hit hard. For example, a ranger who specs high in power and wields a longbow is hedging his bets; he’s looking to do more damage with each hit even if his target dodges a few projectiles. A ranger who specs high in precision and wields a longbow is aiming to use the increased chance of secondary effects to apply pressure to his target.

One Attribute or a Mixture?

With our current implementation of the item system, items raise single attributes higher than when they raise a pair. However, the total number of points will be higher for a two-attribute item than for an item affecting a single attribute.

For example,
    a Rare Ruby Ring gives +40 power;
    an equal level Gold Topaz Ring gives +33 power and +25 vitality;
    and a Pearl Ring gives +25 power, +25 vitality, and +25 toughness.

This item system enhances another choice: do you max out one attribute or raise the total effectiveness of all your attributes? The character who deals the highest raw damage is someone who has maximized the offensive attributes, but the character who diversifies becomes a jack-of-all-trades while mastering none.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/pax-east-p...-and-iteration

10+ Year Old Account
    You can, but not during combat.
    I'm a bit afraid about the whole switching weapons thing, I feel like min-maxing will require that you have to constantly switch weapons, and that's no fun.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'm a bit afraid about the whole switching weapons thing, I feel like min-maxing will require that you have to constantly switch weapons, and that's no fun.
    can you clarify what you mean, please?

I think what he was trying to say originally is that your armor set(with one set of stat priorities) will not reflect your ideal stat priority for all weapons. A weapon you may want to prioritize precision on(to enhance the on-crit secondary effects) will require a different armor set to optimize it's intended potential than a weapon you simply want to hit hard(and thus would want to wear a power-heavy armor set).

An interesting question, you can't switch armorsets during combat nor do I believe that Arenanet wants you to do that. As I mentioned that melee and caster use both the same attributes (power is for damage, precision for crits -> proccs, toughness for armor and vitality is for health).

But I think you won't be able to make a power oriented melee character and at the same time a precision oriented caster charakter simply because you can't switch armor in battle. Seems not possible with the system we know so far...

Ehh...im afraid of impact that NCsoft will have no Guild Wars 2...We, ppl who are actually interested in this game know that the game is developed by ArenaNet...but i asked my friend whom i haven't seen for years, what he thinks about Guild Wars 2...He said "NCsoft? No thanks."...I had to persuade him that NCsoft is only a publisher.

After those news about this lawsuit against BlueHole studio(justifable or not), ppl are becoming increasingly angry at NCsoft and by that they are less interested in Guild Wars 2.

There are even opinions that NCsoft is afraid that Tera will has bad impact on Guild Wars 2 sales(or even rumours that NCsoft thinks that Guild Wars 2 is bad...but it is just ridiculous to take it serious lol ), so they want to cut off the competition.

What are your thougths about this subject?

I think that ArenaNet should find another publisher in the future. NCsoft has bad fame after releasing some bad games, and making some stupid decisions, it can cause ppl not even give GW2 a shot...you know...sth like NCsoft trauma

Maybe im overreacting...

(oh and in my hello post i forgot to apologise for my bad english i guess, it's not my main language so don't shout please )
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2012-01-27 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    I find it unlikely that ArenaNet might "ditch" NCsoft, they have been operating together for quite some time and seem to work closely together on things like support, marketing etc. There are much, much worse publishers out there :P

Edit: I also don't understand a lot of the bad rep for NCsoft. I often hear people claim they have bad support, but my own experience is quite the opposite, especially compared to some other recent MMOs (Rift and Swtor/EA support was the worst I've ever seen).
    Last edited by mmoc7dbb4d1b67; 2012-01-27 at 06:40 PM.

Never dealt with the CS in Rift (never had an issue) but EA is hands down the worst game company for customer service that I've ever dealt with. NCSoft has always resolved any issues I've had. Sometimes they weren't the fastest but any issue I've had always got taken care of. With EA, I've never had any of my problems taken care of in any of their games. It is just terrible. I really can't say enough bad things about EA support.

Anyway, NCSoft seems to really have a hands off approach with ArenaNet. So until it is shown otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that there won't be any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalu View Post
    Edit: I also don't understand a lot of the bad rep for NCsoft. I often hear people claim they have bad support, but my own experience is quite the opposite, especially compared to some other recent MMOs (Rift and Swtor/EA support was the worst I've ever seen).
    they don't have bad support, they have very bad support. and yeah, i've experienced it not even long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalu View Post
    Edit: I also don't understand a lot of the bad rep for NCsoft.
    It's really just fanboys bashing other companies.

NCSoft uses lawyers because ex-employees stole IP and used it to found a rival company and make a game with that IP = OMG NCSOFT IS EVIL
    Blizzard uses lawyers because a fansite sells mugs with "Warcraftpets.com" to cover hosting costs = Bastards are trying to profit from Blizzards IP

With the exception of Lineage 2, I haven't had any issues with NCSoft games either. Think it's mostly /hurtfeelings.gif over Aion for a lot of ignorant gamers that saw the NA Aion as a Warcraft alternative. Unaware of the style and type of game Aion was beforehand.

I loved Aion, myself. Only stopped playing because of time constraints.

Seems NCSoft have done nothing ill to Anet development. So yea, not sure dropping a "hands-offf" publisher is a good idea for a dev house that makes esoteric games as Arena.net do.

Unless there is some internal strife we don't know about-- dropping NCsoft is probably a terrible idea.