10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    The only issue I see with pvp in gw2 is that I suspect many mmorpg players aren't actually interested in a skill-based pvp game.
    Case in point: Those that QQ about no world pvp, aka ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I rerolled on wow recently on my pvp server. The only world pvp I saw was me getting one shot by 85s. That's not pvp, now WvWvW.. bumping me up to max level to give me a fighting chance? NICE! I've ganked before, and honestly I felt bad for the little guy. I will stalk and kill an 85 any day with my rogue, but you know, I'm a gamer and as a gamer i enjoy a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    I rerolled on wow recently on my pvp server. The only world pvp I saw was me getting one shot by 85s. That's not pvp, now WvWvW.. bumping me up to max level to give me a fighting chance? NICE! I've ganked before, and honestly I felt bad for the little guy. I will stalk and kill an 85 any day with my rogue, but you know, I'm a gamer and as a gamer i enjoy a challenge.
    You haven't lived until you ganked new players on a PvE server. I remember on my hunter I would tame a boar from the orc starting area, pvp flag myself, and control my pet to make him walk with the other mobs. A newbie would attack it and I get a free kill because he flagged himself.

World PvP is bull crap, I'm sure I made a couple of new players just put the game down and never play again. I shouldn't have been able to do that, period.

I think I did that because I was younger and a dumber person back then. I don't condone such behavior anymore.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I just jump in, blow my load, and die.
    I feel bad for laughing a bit after I read that sentence
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I tried my best to ignore it

Deleted
    I really can't get my head around, well to be blunt, those coming from a Wow-mindset.

They complain that there is no gear grind requirement in GW2 PVP, but at the same time in the official forums a CM makes a thread about "What are the best techniques you've found to gear up fast?" (for PVP), which is effectively a thread about trying to circumvent the gear grind requirements.
    Indeed. I always liked PvP in WoW (not because WoWs PvP was so great, but just because I liked PvPing with my friends), but hated the mandatory grind each season which came with it. Especially when having more than one character you play on. It was impossible to get enough honor and points on each character, so that basically limited the amount of characters you could seriously play competitive PvP with.. Not to mention farming for perfect gems and enchants etc.
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-02-10 at 03:46 PM.

I think that PVE should be about CHARACTER progression. But PVP should be about PLAYER (skill) progression.

I wonder how many people will agree with me. But at least it seems that ANet does, so far.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Games devs that make mmropgs assume that the people playing pvp are also pve-ers. And they'd be partially correct. If you've done the pve gear grind, you'll probably be interested in the pvp gear grind. So they make sure to add lots of grind to that too.

The only issue I see with pvp in gw2 is that I suspect many mmorpg players aren't actually interested in a skill-based pvp game. I suspect many would actually prefer pvp gear grinding instead.
    I would tend to agree. I'm actually mostly one of them. I've never played arena in WoW at a competitive level, I much more enjoy random battlegrounds and the WvWvW sounds very cool. I much rather want a set to work towards than being based on your "team ranks".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    I would tend to agree. I'm actually mostly one of them. I've never played arena in WoW at a competitive level, I much more enjoy random battlegrounds and the WvWvW sounds very cool. I much rather want a set to work towards than being based on your "team ranks".
    There still will be gear sets, they're just more visually impressive instead of higher stats.
    It's much like vanilla wow when you saw someone in T3 and thought "wow that guy's a bad ass".

ANYWAY.. did you fellas see this? Bored with GW2 on the mind? It must be cool living on the west coast.
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/loga...ist-personals/

That is quite hilarious.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    There still will be gear sets, they're just more visually impressive instead of higher stats.
    It's much like vanilla wow when you saw someone in T3 and thought "wow that guy's a bad ass".
    I know I like that. I very much think that you should still be competitive when you start out in PvP. Player skill vs Player skill is much more interesting than Player gear vs Player gear, and this way there are still stuff to work towards, but not necessarily for the "I need this to be competitive".

Deleted
    After reading your posts and actually started to think about it instead of following my instincts, i have to agree that it is indeed a rather good move. I havent played pvp in neither wow nor any other mmorpg because i didn't feel like skill itself was of any use. when i played arena and bg's there were always full epic pvp gear players who mashed their keys and still i had no chance( not implying im a pvp god ).

so a normalized "battleground" will actually bring out the pvper inside me. i like it i do but i dont like having litterally 0% chance to win because he has farmed pvp more than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I tried my best to ignore it
    You guys obviously don't play a Combat/ Carnage spec Sentinel/ Marauder... That's all I really can do.

But yeah, Leap, Zealous Strike, Precision Strike, Master Strike, Blade Storm and then (hopefully) Dispatch.

If I'm lucky and everything crits/ procs ataru form, I can do about 16k damage in about 9 seconds and still be able to get away, if I'm not lucky, well, that floor starts to taste good after a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Well I did world pvp in vanilla wow and never ganked. I love having to use your surroundings as an advantage, in bg's you can't really do that.

I remember playing my priest and getting attacked by some guy that was a way higher level than me. So I swam under water and used a swim speed potion. then he followed me and I made sure he was feared the whole time and he ran out of breathe and died while my priest was undead and didn't have that problem. I also would kite people on my priest by levitating over water and using swiftness potions, they had to swim and couldn't catch up to me.

On my rogue I loved stunning or blinding the person I was fighting then run off behind objects so I couldn't get hit and then re-stealth so I could get the upper hand. Even though this will not be an issue on the thief.

This is why I hope WvWvW has a world pvp feel at least.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-02-10 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You guys obviously don't play a Combat/ Carnage spec Sentinel/ Marauder... That's all I really can do.

But yeah, Leap, Zealous Strike, Precision Strike, Master Strike, Blade Storm and then (hopefully) Dispatch.

If I'm lucky and everything crits/ procs ataru form, I can do about 16k damage in about 9 seconds and still be able to get away, if I'm not lucky, well, that floor starts to taste good after a while...
    Please read what you said before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Please read what you said before.
    Oh I know the full implications of what I said. It's the product of being single for the past three years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

ANYWAY.. did you fellas see this? Bored with GW2 on the mind? It must be cool living on the west coast.
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/loga...ist-personals/
    "Our cat Rytlock...", hahaha. That made my day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Which is why we've been trading Iocaine powder with the hylek for years!
    It is odorless, tasteless, and dissolves instantly in liquid and is among the more deadly poisons known to, ahem, asura.
    /places 2 asura in front of you.
    The battle of wits has begun! Now! Which one is poisoned?
    Doesn't matter the fact that I know they're poisoned means I wont eat them, I'll just rip off their arms and beat them to death with them. Wheres your 'superior' intellect now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    Doesn't matter the fact that I know they're poisoned means I wont eat them, I'll just rip off their arms and beat them to death with them. Wheres your 'superior' intellect now?
    Well you they are full of poison and you just riped them up, so im assuming you are stained with poison.

Asura +1
    Kittys -39

However the real answer is the dead one since its poison.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well you they are full of poison and you just riped them up, so im assuming you are stained with poison.

Asura +1
    Kittys -39

However the real answer is the dead one since its poison.
    Just because I have poison on my body doesn't necessarily mean it will be absorbed into my body plus the poison will be on my claws meaning they are even more deadly.